Sign in to follow this  
Clint

Troy The Boy

Just wondering, why ever did we sign Troy Archie etc? Roeder has previously been quoted as saying Troy is ''too raw'' to play when we''ve been desparate for centre halves and now he''s stuck the Doc on the bench ahead of him, who can be nowhere near match fit.

Trying to apply some logic to this, surely, he''s always going to be ''too raw'' because he''s never going to play, so why sign him in the first place?

I''m sure we have our own centre halves who are ''too raw'' to play and not costing us a small fortune to have on-loan from Spurs!

[quote user="Clint"]Just wondering, why ever did we sign Troy Archie etc? Roeder has previously been quoted as saying Troy is ''too raw'' to play when we''ve been desparate for centre halves and now he''s stuck the Doc on the bench ahead of him, who can be nowhere near match fit.Trying to apply some logic to this, surely, he''s always going to be ''too raw'' because he''s never going to play, so why sign him in the first place?[/quote]As cover because we''ve sold Shackell and he wants four centre backs.

I think you''re missing the point Woodstock.

Firstly, Shax was still here when we signed Troy so that does not explain his signing.

Secondly, my point is that if he hasn''t featured already, he''s unlikely to ever feature.  Do we not have our own ''raw'' youngsters who will be equally as good as cover, because they are never going to play?!?  It just seems to be a waste of money that we clearly can''t afford.