Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Bristol City v Norwich City - official match thread

Nuff maybe so, but if he doesn''t score I wonder how the fans will react.

I feel and it''s only my opinion, that sometimes GR''s subs are tactically naive at best.

[quote user="shyster"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Rusty up front lmfao, oh how quickly I am losing faith in GR.[/quote]

Yeah, does alot for Lupoli''s confidence doesn''t it! [:@]
[/quote]

Exactly and what the lad needs now more than ever is confidence from his boss.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Doc''s on. the question is, is Roeder going to play him upfront as our new target man? [:)][:D][;)]
[/quote]

LMFAO don''t start them off again, ginger pele my lilly white toosh [:)]

Well, that''s a typical Norwich first half.  Missed chances, injuries, missed free kicks by the ref, Marshy saving our arse, and nearly dropping a clanger, and Fozzy on!  Deja vu anyone?  One can only hope GR is saving Lupi in case Lita rins out of steam.

Half time and a half to forget.Not so much for what seems an average performance from Norwich, but for what was almost a laughable half if it didn''t mean so much in terms of injuries.We''ll be playing our youth against Wolves at this rate.

Yes, Roeder only has one tactical substitution available now, and who wants to bet it will be Bell for Crofty? I''d love to see Bell for Patty though and how we play with two attacking wingers.

i can see why roedy might want to keep the same system, by replacing tall for tall (rusty for sibs) up front, but imo - if clinkers and rusty are dominating the middle, then surely the best response would be to keep these two together and then put lupes up front with lita...even if lupes played slightly behind lita in the hole, then imo he has the brains to spot and play a cleverball for lita to run onto - the boy has pace to spare,,, if roedy isn''t confident that lupes can play more than 30 mins, then why put the boy on the bench???

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]i can see why roedy might want to keep the same system, by replacing tall for tall (rusty for sibs) up front, but imo - if clinkers and rusty are dominating the middle, then surely the best response would be to keep these two together and then put lupes up front with lita...

even if lupes played slightly behind lita in the hole, then imo he has the brains to spot and play a cleverball for lita to run onto - the boy has pace to spare,,,

if roedy isn''t confident that lupes can play more than 30 mins, then why put the boy on the bench???
[/quote]

Good question, I really do not understand GR''s tactics sometimes.  Maybe it''s only me lol

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]i can see why roedy might want to keep the same system, by replacing tall for tall (rusty for sibs) up front, but imo - if clinkers and rusty are dominating the middle, then surely the best response would be to keep these two together and then put lupes up front with lita...

even if lupes played slightly behind lita in the hole, then imo he has the brains to spot and play a cleverball for lita to run onto - the boy has pace to spare,,,

if roedy isn''t confident that lupes can play more than 30 mins, then why put the boy on the bench???
[/quote]

Good question, I really do not understand GR''s tactics sometimes.  Maybe it''s only me lol

[/quote]

I dont think it is just you WAY49.  I cannot understand how Lupoli cant be fit enough to last 60-90 minutes by now, what do they do all week in training?

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]i can see why roedy might want to keep the same system, by replacing tall for tall (rusty for sibs) up front, but imo - if clinkers and rusty are dominating the middle, then surely the best response would be to keep these two together and then put lupes up front with lita...even if lupes played slightly behind lita in the hole, then imo he has the brains to spot and play a cleverball for lita to run onto - the boy has pace to spare,,, if roedy isn''t confident that lupes can play more than 30 mins, then why put the boy on the bench???[/quote]And, as so many have mentioned on our board, it keeps us from pelting the ball up the pitch all the time from the defence without a target man.Why should Roeder have the likes of Lupoli, Lita, Bell, Hoolahan, Croft and such on the pitch if he wants the defence smacking long balls up front the whole time? If your gonna play that game (not that i want him to) at least do it right otherwise we''re just giving the opposition possesion...

they said befoe the the game that Fozzy has created more goal scoring chances than any other player in the squad... we just havent scored the goals from his chances...

Its end to end stuff today isnt it? Brizzol sound the slightly better side.... Dele Adebola sounds like he will score... i seem to remember he''s another one i suggested we try and sign in the past....

Lupoli might as well get on the plane back to Italy..... he''d make more of an impact on there it seems.

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

they said befoe the the game that Fozzy has created more goal scoring chances than any other player in the squad... we just havent scored the goals from his chances...

Its end to end stuff today isnt it? Brizzol sound the slightly better side.... Dele Adebola sounds like he will score... i seem to remember he''s another one i suggested we try and sign in the past....

Lupoli might as well get on the plane back to Italy..... he''d make more of an impact on there it seems.

[/quote]

Well Jas, if anything that proves how piss poor we have been this season at creating goal scoring chances. How many has he created, 3?

[quote user="shyster"]Wrong decisions again...

Lupoli should be up front alongside Lita with Sibierski in midfield.

Great to see Doherty back. [:P][:$]
[/quote]

Considering Sibierski is a midfielder on would have to say you are right Shyster.

Mr Roeder still doesn''t seem to get it though... Sibs off and Russell put up front, while Lupoli still kicking his heals on the bench while our only o9ther striker doesn''t make the bench.

Some would suggest that Mr Roeder is more clueless than Mr Grant... [8-)]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]yeah - with steffs, kennedy, sibs and lupes all enjoying less than perfect injury records - it seems these boys are playing to form - sibs is off injured this time...i wouldn''t be surprised if we got them on cheaper terms as a result,,,the gamble being they''d be playing more than injured??? not payed off yet, if so!!!

[quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Well Jas, if anything that proves how piss poor we have been this season at creating goal scoring chances. How many has he created, 3?

[/quote]14 Shocking. Only behind 3 other players in the whole of the Championship.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think that is probably as many as the whole team as created Alex... Maybe Fozzy created two of those and somebody created the other one??? [;)]

[quote user="John"][quote user="lucky green trainers"]i can see why roedy might want to keep the same system, by replacing tall for tall (rusty for sibs) up front, but imo - if clinkers and rusty are dominating the middle, then surely the best response would be to keep these two together and then put lupes up front with lita...even if lupes played slightly behind lita in the hole, then imo he has the brains to spot and play a cleverball for lita to run onto - the boy has pace to spare,,, if roedy isn''t confident that lupes can play more than 30 mins, then why put the boy on the bench???[/quote]And, as so many have mentioned on our board, it keeps us from pelting the ball up the pitch all the time from the defence without a target man.Why should Roeder have the likes of Lupoli, Lita, Bell, Hoolahan, Croft and such on the pitch if he wants the defence smacking long balls up front the whole time? If your gonna play that game (not that i want him to) at least do it right otherwise we''re just giving the opposition possesion...[/quote]sure sal, and is rusty better placed or able to hold a hoof up than sibs is???  rusty isn''t a target man is he??? 

Stats now

Goal Attempts12 : 10Goal Attempts
On Target6 : 4On Target
Crosses5 : 10Crosses
Corners6 : 4Corners
Offside1 : 1Offside
Fouls9 : 5Fouls
Free kicks7 : 10Free kicks
 Yellow cards- : -Yellow cards 
 Red cards- : -Red cards 
% Possession53 : 47Possession %

We need to wake up. We''ve fallen to sleep, as we always do, by half time.Bring on David Bell for Pattison and we could see us put forward some good energized football again.

[quote user="John"]We need to wake up. We''ve fallen to sleep, as we always do, by half time.

Bring on David Bell for Pattison and we could see us put forward some good energized football again.
[/quote]

I''d take Fattison off for Lupoli.... go with Loops and Lita up front and Rusty just behind them...

It''s Crofts crosses again letting him down though, that is getting a tad irritating.