Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

Would this side be any worse???

I''m picking up on a point made in another thread here; i wouldd rather we lost with our own players, our young players than with a bunch of loans who will never stay and dont really have the club at heart

Today our side was

Marshall, Omosuzi, Berty, Kennedy,Drury, Crfot, Matty p, russel, clingan, sibi and Lita

Now i appreciate we have a couple of ''our'' players unavailble in Seemy and Stefanovic, but with Roeders loan policy there is no guarentee they would get a game anyway!

Would:

Marshall

Semmy   Doherty   Stefanovic   Drury

Bell   Russel   Clingan   Hoolahan

Renton  Cureton

Subs:

Nelson, Spillane, Croft, Chadwick, Martin ...also we have Patterson, Lappin,

Would this team do any worse than the current crop, i seriously doubt it.

I''m not Doherty''s biggest fan but he''s played in better norwich sides and been average than the current one. Drury and semmy are no worse really than the loan full backs.

Our midfield doesnt need to have any loan players in it; we''d look better with the creativity of Bell and hoolahan.

Up top our strikers look toothless, all 4 loan strikers; Rentons doing it for the Under 19''s, so he knows where the goal is and we know a Martin in the right mind is a good finsiher; hes not pulling up trees at Luton; but not many strikers would there at the moment.

[quote user="Huddy "]

I''m picking up on a point made in another thread here; i wouldd rather we lost with our own players, our young players than with a bunch of loans who will never stay and dont really have the club at heart

Today our side was

Marshall, Omosuzi, Berty, Kennedy,Drury, Crfot, Matty p, russel, clingan, sibi and Lita

Now i appreciate we have a couple of ''our'' players unavailble in Seemy and Stefanovic, but with Roeders loan policy there is no guarentee they would get a game anyway!

Would:

Marshall

Semmy   Doherty   Stefanovic   Drury

Bell   Russel   Clingan   Hoolahan

Renton  Cureton

Subs:

Nelson, Spillane, Croft, Chadwick, Martin ...also we have Patterson, Lappin,

Would this team do any worse than the current crop, i seriously doubt it.

I''m not Doherty''s biggest fan but he''s played in better norwich sides and been average than the current one. Drury and semmy are no worse really than the loan full backs.

Our midfield doesnt need to have any loan players in it; we''d look better with the creativity of Bell and hoolahan.

Up top our strikers look toothless, all 4 loan strikers; Rentons doing it for the Under 19''s, so he knows where the goal is and we know a Martin in the right mind is a good finsiher; hes not pulling up trees at Luton; but not many strikers would there at the moment.

[/quote]its up front huddy where our probs are, i like clinkers and rusty, fozzy is way, way off form, and is a hinderance at the mo - but renton is way too young, and curo way too over the hill...martin has found his level - sorry to say this is a league 1/2 attack you''ve picked...good strikers cost money - and we ain''t got the dosh to bid, or pay the wages for a 2/3 year contract...hence why we''ve got injury prone loanees in (cheap)...lita needs a run to find his form and get fit (hence why we''ve got him), he''s a goalscorer - but he''s paid for by an outside businessman, not the club!!!

[quote user="Huddy "]

Martin in the right mind is a good finsiher; hes not pulling up trees at Luton; but not many strikers would there at the moment.

[/quote]But he has scored a couple of goals, more than any of our lot could, if he came back he would be hungry, eager to prove Roeder wrong, and as a local boy, actually cares about the club. But Roeder won''t recall him... that would be admitting to a mistake!

And our current attack is a championship attack is it?  I haven''t dared look at the table but there cant be many sides (if any) whove scored less than us! My point isnt that the team will be better (although the defence and midfield does look it) but that we might be more of a team and actually have the pride to play for the shirt.

I''ve actually just checked the league table, a whopping 8 goals so far, only Doncaster have fared worse.

As for renton being too young, what a load of rubbish. Was Rooney to young when he scored for everton at 16, Walcott when he was terrorising the championship at 17 or gareth bale for that matter. Or 17 year old aaron ramsey for that matter. I''m not saying Renton is also a future premiership, but he is 18, hes old enough and he deserves a chance.

[quote user="The Saturday Boy"][quote user="Huddy "]

Martin in the right mind is a good finsiher; hes not pulling up trees at Luton; but not many strikers would there at the moment.

[/quote]

But he has scored a couple of goals, more than any of our lot could, if he came back he would be hungry, eager to prove Roeder wrong, and as a local boy, actually cares about the club. But Roeder won''t recall him... that would be admitting to a mistake!
[/quote]

A couple of goals but in a couple of leagues below.