Sign in to follow this  

Like everyone else today, very proud of the teams. Big pluses were Greeno, Francis and the introduction of Leon, who looked sharp and should start against Newcastle in place of the somewhat out-of-touch Svensson. Also thought Doherty''s into reminded me of the role Crouchy played last year. Doeherty and Leon would be worth another look see.

Two concerns were Helveg who didn''t have a good game and got roasted by Giggs a couple of times.

But thing we most need to work on is not giving the ball away when we work out of defence. Too many times we pushed the ball forward too quickly to clear our lines when there was no real threat and just played it straight to a United player. Passing out of defence needs most improvement.

But overall and especially in a very encouraging last 20 minutes, I thought we dun good

Looking forward to going to St James Park on Wenesday

You''re right, but a little harsh on Helveg. which RBs will keep Giggs under control at Old Trafford this season? We''re talking about a different class of player now!

Fully agree with you Kevin Keelan. Myself and neighbour were continuously shouting at the Norwich players on the TV for needlesly giving the ball away which is a crime in the Premiership. Ball possession is a must and the reason United had so much of the possession was because we continuously just gave them the ball back when we had it.

I thought Helved felt he might get a bit more protection from the ref, like when he fell over, he also stopped another time asking for a foul which wasn''t given. Thankfully no one else stopped. Francis was magnificent for me, so was Greeno. Jonson looked off the pace and nervous, which I was surprised about. Leon was amazing in the 10 mins he was there. He has had a shot in both games from a 20 min total playing. How many have other players have from much longer? He must play IMO. Bently, what a shot! What can you say.........if only! Flem was very solid too.

blacko you didnt mention doherty!

Made sven look a shambles!

Jonson didn´t have a good game... Everyone here in sweden knows what he is capable of. Give him a few games to settle. Then we will have a topclass winger.

On Utd´s first goal, i think perhaps helveg should have cleared the ball in the situation before Smiths header.

Also, bentleys shoot, didn´t it deserve to go in? The crossbar must still be shaking