Sign in to follow this  
ZippyGrin

Just Back From The Today's Game

After the Barnsley away game today''s performance was much improved.

Sometimes however you have to question our luck with having to use 2 subs during the 1st half due to injuries.

Putting the bad luck aside the same issues remain with Crofty making excellent runs but unable to deliver the end product with a telling ball into the box that causes a defence problems and a serious lack of shots on goal or chances created that forces the goalkeeper into a save. Even will a free kick from a dead ball in a dangerous position  outside the area the ball failed to clear the first Bristol defender.

We at times played some good football but I counted in the second half we had 2 shots on goal with the keeper having to only save one of them.

However the Dick Of The Day award goes to the Bristol City fans who were singing "a song" about Curo thinking he was about come on as a sub when in fact it was Fozzy .

Not wanting to be negative, but does the performance really matter if we don''t win?

Surely the Dick of the Day must be Roeder for replacing Sibs with Russell?

I think it''s a bit unfair having a pop at Crofty.  Out of 14 folk o0ut there today to wear yellow and green, he was one of only a couple who made any difference and put real effort in.Sure his final product was weak, but at least he actually got into positions where he made that opportunity.If you want to have a pop, let''s discuss the likes of Fozzy (utterly useless), Lita (completely uninterested), Sibierski (practically invisible) and Roeder (clueless).Today''s performance has got me really depressed - I just can''t see where we are going to get goals to enable us to win any game against any opposition, while at the same time our defence will always leak the odd goal or 2.

There''s a horrible inevitability about Norwich''s results at the momment regardless of how well we seem to be playing. I find it increasingly hard to find any solace in a good performance if we lose when we play well, when we also lose when we play badly. If we played crap and won a few matches I could then take some heart from good performances regardless of results.

I am just back from the game too.  I could go into lots of detail about how we played, each individual performance etc, etc but to be honest I am tired at doing another 100+ mile trip for City so I will be short and sweet.

We can''t score and we can''t keep clean sheets either.  That spells trouble for any team in any league anywhere.  We are scoring less than a goal a game and conceeding more than a goal a game and and we are just two points better off than this time last season under Grant.  We''ve got a better manager now though and replaced those poor players with better quality loan players though right?

i''d sooner play like a pub team and win then i would play like Brazil and lose... i dont care how "well"we might of played.. if we dont score goals we wont win games...

jas :)

When will Roeder accept that Russell is an attacking midfielder and not the player to score the goals.  I couldn''t believe that he left Lupoli on the bench when Sibierski went off; after all I thought we actually brought Lupoli to the club to score goals. 

I agree that Sibierski and Lita are a waste of money and must be costing us a fortune in wages.  I feel sorry for Bertrand and Omosuzi as they are being played in different positions week in week out. 

I think given the opportunity to play together every week that Russell and Clingan will make a good pairing, but unfortunately Roeder always seems to want to disrupt it by bringing in Fotheringham.

Finally, I still believe we have a squad good enough to be in the top half,  but I am worried about Roeder''s continual tinkering and  playing people out of position.

[quote user="silver fox"]

When will Roeder accept that Russell is an attacking midfielder and not the player to score the goals.  I couldn''t believe that he left Lupoli on the bench when Sibierski went off; after all I thought we actually brought Lupoli to the club to score goals. 

I agree that Sibierski and Lita are a waste of money and must be costing us a fortune in wages.  I feel sorry for Bertrand and Omosuzi as they are being played in different positions week in week out. 

I think given the opportunity to play together every week that Russell and Clingan will make a good pairing, but unfortunately Roeder always seems to want to disrupt it by bringing in Fotheringham.

Finally, I still believe we have a squad good enough to be in the top half,  but I am worried about Roeder''s continual tinkering and  playing people out of position.

[/quote]If we owned our current entire squad I  might agree, but I am rapidly coming around to the view that loan players don''t cut it.  You just have to look at Lita today.  Enough effort to help him get match fitness, but not enough to put himself on the line to win for his club.Having said that, I don''t think that we''ve yet got the balance right.  There''s no real creativity in the side.  Maybe Bell and/or Wes will come good, but we''ll have to wait and see (and it''s difficult to see when Wes doesn''t even make the squad)

[quote]If we owned our current entire squad I  might agree, but I am rapidly coming around to the view that loan players don''t cut it.  You just have to look at Lita today.  Enough effort to help him get match fitness, but not enough to put himself on the line to win for his club.Having said that, I don''t think that we''ve yet got the balance right.  There''s no real creativity in the side.  Maybe Bell and/or Wes will come good, but we''ll have to wait and see (and it''s difficult to see when Wes doesn''t even make the squad)[/quote]

The most creative player on the books is presently on loan at MK Dons.Roeder has and continues to get everything arse to front.

[quote user="Scot-e-dog"][quote user="silver fox"]

[/quote]

If we owned our current entire squad I  might agree, but I am rapidly coming around to the view that loan players don''t cut it.  You just have to look at Lita today.  Enough effort to help him get match fitness, but not enough to put himself on the line to win for his club.

Having said that, I don''t think that we''ve yet got the balance right.  There''s no real creativity in the side.  Maybe Bell and/or Wes will come good, but we''ll have to wait and see (and it''s difficult to see when Wes doesn''t even make the squad)
[/quote]

The one area we have no loanees is midfield;  all 5 used today were ''owned'' stock and that is where our team is lacking most in its end product;   neither defensive enough as a sheild nor creative enough to make ANY chance - effort from croft is simply not enough there has to be end product - and its the same with russel - like croft he runsa round well but does precious little with the ball.    We need a central midfield that will own that part of the pitch and creativity that scares defences with accurate passing movement and pace - we have none of these.

The defence needs some stability to build on early form.   Good to see doc back and if he can stay injury then I am confident a back four with 2 recognised defenders will shore things up.

As for the strikers - part of the problem is the manager has killed the confience of every single one except the one who is no good and a midfielder anyway in Sibierski,  (and prob lita but give him a game or two more and that will happen too) but constantly talking about new targets,  playing russell ahead of dedicated strikers and never giving a player more than 80 mins on the pitch before being subbed then dropped so stifeling player udnerstanding too.

Constant unforced changes and the failure to identify the best team and system (the real cause for use getting relegated before was exactly that problem - not identifying who the players with ability were in the system that suited the squad rather than picking manager favourites) has dragged us into relegation battle.

And now we face wolves :-( 

Sorry but what the hell do anyone see in croft ???? I just don''t understand how anyone can defend him, because the fact is he has never done anything since we have had him here. The only positive from croft is that he tries FULL STOP ! I am fed up with watching triers i want to see doers not triers, he hardly ever take anyone on and if he does you can bet your bottom dollar he won''t get past him. But hey he''s not the only dork in the team is he ? we have at least another 10 or 11 of them really. I am a season ticket holder and have been for many years and my patience isn''t running out...IT''S ran out already, i am fed up watching bits and pieces from other clubs . I want to watch Norwich City again ...you know my own team with our own players, at least then we as fans can get a little more pasionate about OUR club and not pretend to make an atmosphere just to please roeder. (which is what is happening now).

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]If we cannot beat Bristol City....that''s not unlucky. That''s just us being plain s***.[/quote]Yeah, cos Bristol City are really crap aren''t they? Cretin.

One of the things that annoyed me most yesterday was in the 2nd half when Fozzy came up to take a corner in front of the Norwich fans and did his usual thing of shouting come on and pumping his arms to try and get the fans excited.............then delivered another shit corner.

Brilliant

[quote user="Heffers Canary"]

One of the things that annoyed me most yesterday was in the 2nd half when Fozzy came up to take a corner in front of the Norwich fans and did his usual thing of shouting come on and pumping his arms to try and get the fans excited.............then delivered another shit corner.

Brilliant

[/quote]

Yeah,  I had to laugh at that.  It wasn''t that the corner didn''t clear the head of the first defender, that one didn''t even clear his shins.On the next corner he avoided this school boy error by avoiding everyone in the box altogether.  Class!

Just got back myself and i''m ruddy knackered. What has GR got between his ears, when he has our leading goal scorer on bench and he brings on a useless midfielder. i just cant fathom his tactics at the moment[I]. could someone please explain![:^)]

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"][quote user="Scot-e-dog"][quote user="silver fox"]

[/quote]

If we owned our current entire squad I  might agree, but I am rapidly coming around to the view that loan players don''t cut it.  You just have to look at Lita today.  Enough effort to help him get match fitness, but not enough to put himself on the line to win for his club.

Having said that, I don''t think that we''ve yet got the balance right.  There''s no real creativity in the side.  Maybe Bell and/or Wes will come good, but we''ll have to wait and see (and it''s difficult to see when Wes doesn''t even make the squad)
[/quote]

The one area we have no loanees is midfield;  all 5 used today were ''owned'' stock and that is where our team is lacking most in its end product;   neither defensive enough as a sheild nor creative enough to make ANY chance - effort from croft is simply not enough there has to be end product - and its the same with russel - like croft he runsa round well but does precious little with the ball.    We need a central midfield that will own that part of the pitch and creativity that scares defences with accurate passing movement and pace - we have none of these.

The defence needs some stability to build on early form.   Good to see doc back and if he can stay injury then I am confident a back four with 2 recognised defenders will shore things up.

As for the strikers - part of the problem is the manager has killed the confience of every single one except the one who is no good and a midfielder anyway in Sibierski,  (and prob lita but give him a game or two more and that will happen too) but constantly talking about new targets,  playing russell ahead of dedicated strikers and never giving a player more than 80 mins on the pitch before being subbed then dropped so stifeling player udnerstanding too.

Constant unforced changes and the failure to identify the best team and system (the real cause for use getting relegated before was exactly that problem - not identifying who the players with ability were in the system that suited the squad rather than picking manager favourites) has dragged us into relegation battle.

And now we face wolves :-( 

[/quote]

Cracking analysis mate. Would agree with all of it 100%. The part that rings especially true is the confidence that our strikers just don''t posess at the moment. If you''re consistently chopping and changing your front line you''re going to kill the confidence of those vying for positions. In my opinion Roedy needs to get a first 11 in his head that he''s aiming to play week in week out and stick to it, using the rest of the squad to plug any gaps due to injuries, fatigue etc.. because at the moment it changes every bloody week.

It''s not just the strikers'' confidence though, is it? I have no idea what or who are best 11 are. Has Roeder? I would imagine he must have as he''s the benefit of working with them all every day. Is it that they don''t understand his tactics and once on the pitch can''t remember them, or is it they just don''t care enough in a collective sense. I am sure we can all name a few of them who would bleed yellow and green, but do they make up the majority of every makeshift team we put out? And going on from confidence and passion to win, do we have 11 competent players in each position?

I can''t understand the reason Roeder would use a midfielder in preference to a natural striker unless HE had no confidence in that striker. Is that the real reason?

Whatever it is, it''s best he finds a solution fast or we are going down the pan and in my very humble opinion this season is panning out to be even worse than the last one.

I can only assume Roeder didn''t think Lupoli could last for the remainder of the game. I don''t think he has played for 60 minutes in the first team yet, I might be wrong though. He has only really been effective as an impact player e.g. at Cardiff.Or perhaps he feels it''s essential to have a physical presence up front. That seemed also to be the opinion of a lot on this board at the start of the season. Only Roeder knows.

I think at the start of the season our only weak area was upfront. However, I think as the weeks have gone on, frustration has caused the quality and confidence of the rest of the team''s play to decline too. I still think the team can be very good - but Roeder has to make them believe in themselves.I''m hoping Dejan''s return will give us a bit of shape. Perhaps I''m just being optimistic! I''ve been unable to make it to the last few games, but in the games I have made it to, he''s the only player I''ve seen who has tried to inspire & lift his team mates. 

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]It''s not just the strikers'' confidence though, is it? .[/quote]

I thought I had gone to say that gazza;  that lack of faith then transmits to the players behind in their build up play,  movement and lack of willingness to get forward.  It also affects us the fans.

Confidence is the best 12th player a club can have,  esp in this league and def more important than the fans.  Its the managers job to instil it.   Confidence should have been brought into the club with the huge proportion of new faces - bought and loaned - over the summer,  but it has been quickly whittled away - by media fans and most dispiritingly from within the club by the very man who should be developing and growing it.

Not sure how we can get that confidence either at the mo.    

[quote user="Mook"][quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]If we cannot beat Bristol City....that''s not unlucky. That''s just us being plain s***.
[/quote]

Yeah, cos Bristol City are really crap aren''t they? Cretin.
[/quote]

Did you go ... Clearly not, or you would see the answer to your question was quite clearly ''Yes''