Sign in to follow this  
SuperWesIrishWizard

Bring Back Nigel Worthington.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Bringing in a new manager isn''t the answer though.[/quote]In theory, he wouldnt really be ''new''.

nah - we''ve already got a manager who like playing players outa posi!!!  despite the latest setback today, this away performance is still tons better than most of worthy''s - we at least had 6 shots on target!!!

Just another example of how some fans that think they know best have ruined this club, Worthy should have been given more time. We''ve gone downhill ever since he has left.

Worthington has lost the plot as far as management goes.. he did ok here but overstayed his welcome.. he also undid in a matter of months what Lawrie sanchez had built over a couple of years in Northern Ireland... if they had appointed a better manager theyd of been at the euros...

Want to take us down? bring Back Worthington.... theres a reason the so called "best young manager in the country" hasnt gone on to better things since leaving us....

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Worthington has lost the plot as far as management goes.. he did ok here but overstayed his welcome.. he also undid in a matter of months what Lawrie sanchez had built over a couple of years in Northern Ireland... if they had appointed a better manager theyd of been at the euros...

Want to take us down? bring Back Worthington.... theres a reason the so called "best young manager in the country" hasnt gone on to better things since leaving us....

[/quote]

Alternatively, let Roeder take us down.

Not saying bring back Worthy, but we were never this dire under him. Agreed?

jas the barclay king wrote the following post at 18/10/2008 5:11 PM:

Worthington lost the plot whilst he was here should have gone half way through the Premiership campaign. Surely ther are better managers out ther either in or out of work.

Was Worthington that good after we got relegated?

or

Is he actually partly responsible for how bad we are today; i.e, such awful signings with parachuite payments.

[quote user="Huddy "]

Was Worthington that good after we got relegated?

or

Is he actually partly responsible for how bad we are today; i.e, such awful signings with parachuite payments.

[/quote]

spot on Huddy!

as for the bloke who thought Rioch was a good manager.. Lend us some of your Drugs mate!

I see Jas is talking his usual balls on the subject of King Worthy again. Please understand Jas we used to score the odd goal or three then! Oh happy days

[quote user="Shaker"]I see Jas is talking his usual balls on the subject of King Worthy again. Please understand Jas we used to score the odd goal or three then! Oh happy days[/quote]

yes we did.. we also had a squad of players who rolled over and died on a regular basis.... Oh, and a squad who no longer wanted to play for him so sealed his exit by not trying very hard on SKy against Burnley....

"Brilliant manager" Nigel Worthington.... i see the premiership/championship clubs were breaking the door down for him when he left here... even Leicester didnt opffer him a deal....

"Brilliant manager" Nigel Worthington.... i see the premiership/championship clubs were breaking the door down for him when he left here... even Leicester didnt opffer him a deal....

[/quote]Bet Leicester wish they had have offered him a deal. He''d definitely have kept them in our league.

New managers don''t always work do they ? If i''m being honest..I never wanted GR in the first place and was very dissapointed we didn''t get Paul Jewel (cus that''s who i wanted) but hey look at him, he hasn''t really set Derby alight has he.

The loan debate is great !  and my opinion is that it''s ok as a get you out of trouble quick fix type of thing...BUT to build nearly a whole team out of the is nothing short of suicide into footballs oblivion.

[quote user="huckster"]

New managers don''t always work do they ? If I''m being honest..I never wanted GR in the first place and was very disappointed we didn''t get Paul Jewel (cus that''s who i wanted) but hey look at him, he hasn''t really set Derby alight has he.

[/quote]

I would settle for the 10 points of out 12 Jewell has picked up over the last four games right now! 

Truth is though it will not make a bit of difference who is manager if there is not any funds to support them.  The most likely way to upturn our fortunes is not to change manager but to make changes at board level which will attract new investment.  Roeder is working with one or maybe even both hands tied behind his back at the moment and so I dont lay the blame at his feet for the mess we are plummeting back into.

[quote user="hurricane"]lets bring mike walker back![/quote]

or John Bond!

[/quote]

Now you are talking Jas. [;)]....arrdee.

Ok so maybe GR isn''t getting the money he wants or would like BUT, you can''t blame one single person sitting on the board for poor decisions at pitch level, nor can you blame them for who the manager bring in .... can you ? or am i missing something.

Lita so far - FLOP, Sibby - FLOP, Hoolahan - FLOP,  Defensive positions - FLOP, Midfielders as strikers - FLOP, Fozzy as captain - FLOP, Giving Fozzy loads of chances and Cureton hardly none - FLOP, Constantly leaving out Lupoli - FLOP, Ousting Huckerby - FLOP, the list could go on and on if i had time, surely you aren''t laying all this at the feet of someone upstairs in a suite ? are you. And if you were a multi millionare would you trust this man (GR) with your wads of cash ????  I don''t think so.

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="hurricane"]lets bring mike walker back![/quote]

or John Bond!

[/quote]

Now you are talking Jas. [;)]....arrdee.

[/quote]Or Peter Grant! Jim Duffy! Yehh [H]

[quote user="huckster"]

Ok so maybe GR isn''t getting the money he wants or would like BUT, you can''t blame one single person sitting on the board for poor decisions at pitch level, nor can you blame them for who the manager bring in .... can you ? or am i missing something.

Lita so far - FLOP, Sibby - FLOP, Hoolahan - FLOP,  Defensive positions - FLOP, Midfielders as strikers - FLOP, Fozzy as captain - FLOP, Giving Fozzy loads of chances and Cureton hardly none - FLOP, Constantly leaving out Lupoli - FLOP, Ousting Huckerby - FLOP, the list could go on and on if i had time, surely you aren''t laying all this at the feet of someone upstairs in a suite ? are you. And if you were a multi millionare would you trust this man (GR) with your wads of cash ????  I don''t think so.

[/quote]

aha but if your a multi millionaire and buy the club you dont need to have him as manager,,, you can have him clean the bogs or worked behind the turnstyles if you want.

I said at the time it was a mistake to get rid of him, I hate the fact that I am being proven right with our current and previous manager taking us lower than we where with Worthy.