Sign in to follow this  
no1canary

very happy after today

even though we lost, i am a very happy man this evening. we had a great second half, and i can''t believe we had man u on the back foot!

if u look at it this way, we''re basically in the same position as we were at the start of the day, but we''ve got one of the hardest fixtures out of the way. as palace, portsmouth, man city, and blackburn all lost, we''ve only lost -1 in gd, and have got a hard game out of the way. id much rather lose to man u than, everton, charlton, liverpool or southampton. and don''t forget west brom will probably lose 2moro aswell to villa.

i must add to other peoples points that i thought doherty made a huge difference when he came on. he was strong, good in the air, good first touch, and could lay the ball off. all things that svensson hasn''t really shown all the time he has been here. he done well to score 6 or so goals towards the end of last year, but now we''re in the prem, and i don''t think we can cut it. changes must be made for the newcastle game. so doherty for svensson is a must.

the other change which will be quite obvious is mcveigh for jonson. once again, he had a poor game today IMO, and mcveigh certainly deserves his first start of the season. and don''t forget bentley will be out for the arsenal game so mcveigh really needs to get minutes under his belt while jonson has already got a good 100 mins.

the defence looked very much intact, a solid unit, and i won''t want to see that broken up by changes. green done what he does best, and that is play world class. drury was outstanding. charlton and fleming once again had a fabulous game. i would say suprisingly to me, helveg was the weakest out of the 5 to me. but still, i think he will ajust and become a very player for this team.

the midfield looked a lot better in the second half. we could actually pass the ball around and we looked as if we could create chances. well, what a strike from bentley! so unlucky that it wasn''t an inch lower. but apart from that i thought he had a quiet game today, but needs to learn not to give the ball away more. francis was top notch today, best player in a city shirt for me in todays game. holt can play better, also needs to learn to keep the ball more. jonson needs to get into the game more, wasn''t really up to scratch. mcveigh like i said was very good and deserves a start on wednesday.

huckerby looked dangerous but needs to play off the other striker a bit more. he can''t better 3 or 4 man u defenders like they are div 1 players. he needs help from other members of the team. svensson as i said tries hard but is has not got that extra bit of quality to help keep us up. mckenzie was very dangerous, it''s a pity he hasn''t been given a good 1/2 an hour to show what he can do. and doherty looked very useful as i said, and i think he is what huckerby needs, and i can see a good partnership there.

thank u for reading my post if u bothered to slog it all out!

i agree in places

But huckerby and mckenzie will never partner each other upfront unless there is a target man inbetween (Johanson)

yes, but i never wrote that i thought they would work well together.

''and doherty looked very useful as i said, and i think he is what huckerby needs, and i can see a good partnership there.''