Sign in to follow this  
Soldier on

What happened to Carl Moore's Wallet...

Is he still around...?

Having predicted a takeover would be completed at the end of this week.  Has he been banned?  Perhaps he accidentally wasnt too far from the truth as Butler hinted that discussions are at an advanced stage with a benefactor.  Lets hope the latter is the case and we will soon climb up the league above Ipswich and reclaim our ''pride of anglia'' tag.

OTBC

I can''t decide whether the deathly silence in the press is because talks are going on and there''s a news blackout, or because there''s nothing happening at all.

well there is that age old saying theres no smoke without fire.  Would be uplifting for everybody if a takeover goes through.  I know what you mean though silence either means busy behind the scenes or alternatively everything being brushed under the carpet again.  Even Mr Waghorn hasnt said anything either pro/anti Cullum for what must be a record period of time.  Perhaps he knows something that we don''t

[quote user="Soldier on"]well there is that age old saying theres no smoke without fire.  Would be uplifting for everybody if a takeover goes through.  I know what you mean though silence either means busy behind the scenes or alternatively everything being brushed under the carpet again.  Even Mr Waghorn hasnt said anything either pro/anti Cullum for what must be a record period of time.  Perhaps he knows something that we don''t[/quote]

maybe because there is no fire(unfortunatly)

[quote user="mastoola"]

[quote user="Soldier on"]well there is that age old saying theres no smoke without fire.  Would be uplifting for everybody if a takeover goes through.  I know what you mean though silence either means busy behind the scenes or alternatively everything being brushed under the carpet again.  Even Mr Waghorn hasnt said anything either pro/anti Cullum for what must be a record period of time.  Perhaps he knows something that we don''t[/quote]

[/quote]its not the best time to be selling anything, unless its gold!!! - but unless the smiths are prepared to bankroll the club through a recession, then surely they should be actively seeking new investors...but i fear that the value of the club must have fallen significantly to what it was worth - even this time last year,,,

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="mastoola"]

[/quote]

its not the best time to be selling anything, unless its gold!!! - but unless the smiths are prepared to bankroll the club through a recession, then surely they should be actively seeking new investors...but i fear that the value of the club must have fallen significantly to what it was worth - even this time last year,,,

[/quote]

lgt if they cannot bank roll the crunch and they wont sell for a lower price what then?

[quote user="mastoola"][quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="mastoola"]

[/quote]its not the best time to be selling anything, unless its gold!!! - but unless the smiths are prepared to bankroll the club through a recession, then surely they should be actively seeking new investors...but i fear that the value of the club must have fallen significantly to what it was worth - even this time last year,,,

[/quote]

lgt if they cannot bank roll the crunch and they wont sell for a lower price what then?

[/quote]imo - if i owned the club - i''d have got out pronto when we managed to escape relegation last season - leaving the turners in charge,,,at the mo, its virtually impossible to sell anything to raise cash at carra, or to raise new debt or renegotiate the old (although the latter is what i''d be trying to do as a matter of urgency) so unless i had liquid funds or shares to sell to raise funds, if i wanted out now cos of financial consideration - i''d have to virtually give the club away in order to exit...but, if the government bank rescues work, and credit eases, then i might consider keeping the club going in order to get a better price for it, but how long would it take for conditions for improve, and how much money would i be prepared to put in in order to protect my investment - i reckon £4m over 18 months, might just see me through...but - if conditions worsen, i could lose the lot anyway, and at the end - would i have to pump in £4m just to get £6-9m back??? and for all the agro of owning a footy club???and, this takes no account of whats happening on the pitch,,,if i need to put in £millions just to keep the club solvent, then there''d be little scope for investing money in the team, and so avoiding relegation rather than going for promotion would be my realistic aim,,,but then, there''s the question of the turners loan money, they might well have a say in what happens also///jesus - i''m stressed just writing about it...and ultimately, i feel sorry for the smiths - cos they''ve been hit by bad timing in the extreme when trying to exit NCFC in a fair and proper manner - and i don''t envy them one bit...so - as i''ve been saying for yonks now, if they can get a cash rich super prime individual/consortium to invest, while getting most of their money back, then i think everyone at NCFC should be pleased with that outcome...but, clearly - the amount the club is presently worth is not what it was valued at in the summer - the world has moved on in spades since///

Interesting comments lucky green trainers.  As you state one would imagine that the Smith''s are increasingly anxious to get out as soon as possible in the current financial climate.  That said there must be businessmen out there that are making some very good bargain deals at present.  Does anyone know how Towergate has been affected by what has been going on?  I remember reading that they were pressing ahead with plans to expand the business so perhaps Peter Cullum has everything covered.  Then again he could be suffering like Mr Ashley!!

[quote user="Soldier on"]Interesting comments lucky green trainers.  As you state one would imagine that the Smith''s are increasingly anxious to get out as soon as possible in the current financial climate.  That said there must be businessmen out there that are making some very good bargain deals at present.  Does anyone know how Towergate has been affected by what has been going on?  I remember reading that they were pressing ahead with plans to expand the business so perhaps Peter Cullum has everything covered.  Then again he could be suffering like Mr Ashley!![/quote]apparently, such is pc''s reputation, towergate has recently received a stash of investors cash to go on a asset buying spree,,,just as warren buffet has in the states...who would you entrust in these market conditions to invest your hard earned in???clearly pc has fans in the city of london,,,but for me, any ole cash-rich geezer will do...such is our parlious state, beggars cannot afford to be choosers!!!

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="Soldier on"]Interesting comments lucky green trainers.  As you state one would imagine that the Smith''s are increasingly anxious to get out as soon as possible in the current financial climate.  That said there must be businessmen out there that are making some very good bargain deals at present.  Does anyone know how Towergate has been affected by what has been going on?  I remember reading that they were pressing ahead with plans to expand the business so perhaps Peter Cullum has everything covered.  Then again he could be suffering like Mr Ashley!![/quote]apparently, such is pc''s reputation, towergate has recently received a stash of investors cash to go on a asset buying spree,,,just as warren buffet has in the states...who would you entrust in these market conditions to invest your hard earned in???clearly pc has fans in the city of london,,,but for me, any ole cash-rich geezer will do...such is our parlious state, beggars cannot afford to be choosers!!![/quote]sorry - should have said...apparently, such is pc''s reputation, towergate has recently received a

stash of investors cash to go on a asset buying spree,,,just as warren

buffet has in the states...who would you entrust in these

market conditions to invest your hard earned in???clearly pc has fans

in the city of london,,,but for me, any ole cash-rich geezer INVESTING IN NCFC will

do...such is our parlious state, beggars cannot afford to be choosers!!!

[quote user="Carl Moores Wallet"]I have been busy, but things are moving along well, expect news very, very soon.[/quote]

in the next decade?

jas :)

[quote user="Carl Moores Wallet"]I have been busy, but things are moving along well, expect news very, very soon.[/quote]

Cheers for that, for what it''s worth I do believe there is something in what you say mainly because both you and the Butler are singing from the same hymnsheet. Keep us updated, if you know what you say is true then anyone who doubts you shouldn''t matter.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

in the next decade?

[/quote]

Jas with the news that Madonna is divorcing why not sacrifice yourself and invest her money in NCFC. Go on you know it makes sense[;)]

Feel certain we will hear of developments soon but can certainly understand those that dont share that opinion.  Have faith in The Butler!

[quote user="Soldier on"]Feel certain we will hear of developments soon but can certainly understand those that dont share that opinion.  Have faith in The Butler![/quote]

ok Carl/Gordon

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]I have no faith in anyone coming on here with rumours anymore, and will believe things when the pink-un or NCFC website report the facts.[/quote]

Sorry you feel that way WAY49. I never did put a timescale on what I was told. As these things, in the best of situations take variable time and the climate is not the best at the moment. Do you think it is any coincidence that it is very quiet at the moment? I still say I firmly believe what I was told by who told me.

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]I have no faith in anyone coming on here with rumours anymore, and will believe things when the pink-un or NCFC website report the facts.[/quote]

Sorry you feel that way WAY49. I never did put a timescale on what I was told. As these things, in the best of situations take variable time and the climate is not the best at the moment. Do you think it is any coincidence that it is very quiet at the moment? I still say I firmly believe what I was told by who told me.

[/quote]

Don''t be sorry, it''s not your fault I feel the way I do, and it''s like the boy who cried wolf, after a while you turn your ears off to what''s being said.  I sincerely hope you don''t feel that it''s anything personal.

I take on board what people say, it''s just I can''t believe anything until the reality has struck home and is there in black and white.

It is rather quiet at the moment and has been that way for a while now, but I have got so used to the club saying nowt that it''s now the ''''norm'''' to me lol.

I would love to see investment in our club, something to give us fans a little glimmer of hope, it''s the very least we deserve.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

Don''t be sorry, it''s not your fault I feel the way I do, and it''s like the boy who cried wolf, after a while you turn your ears off to what''s being said.  I sincerely hope you don''t feel that it''s anything personal.

I take on board what people say, it''s just I can''t believe anything until the reality has struck home and is there in black and white.

It is rather quiet at the moment and has been that way for a while now, but I have got so used to the club saying nowt that it''s now the ''''norm'''' to me lol.

I would love to see investment in our club, something to give us fans a little glimmer of hope, it''s the very least we deserve.

[/quote]

No nothing Personal. Lets have a good weekend. A city win will cheer us all up. Hello neil, gud tday but dint see huckleberry do much!