Sign in to follow this  
ca

Joe Lewis Bid

[quote user="cityangel"]

Guess our sell on clause could be about 20% so that would give us  £400k to spend.

[/quote]

lol, I very seriously doubt that, not on players any way.

It wasnt really Glen Roeders fault here, Peter Grant signed Marshall for what was large fee for norwich in excess of £1m and he''s a good goal keeper in his own right. But GR got a decent offer for Joe Lewis who wasnt going to get in ahead of Marshall, I guess you could say that someone (i.e Peter Grant) should have got in a more short term replacement to cover a season until Lewis was ready (he could have been loaned out in this time), then we could have spent the money on an outfield player. Then again maybe they feel that Jed Steer is better than Lewis and who knows if we had had different keeper other than Marshall last season we may have been relegated.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Guess our sell on clause could be about 20% so that would give us  £400k to spend.

[/quote]Hope so, frankly that conservatory at Colney just isn''t big enough in my opinion.  [:D]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Greenwich Canary"]

We should have kept Joe for this very reason -

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid958992159?bctid=1832239113

Brilliant.

Jas, stop seeking attention.

[/quote]

wouldn''t dream of it mate.... im just fed up of people saying "dam you Roeder... you sold a goalkeeper who 4 managers never picked and who barely featured on the bench!!! may you burn in hell".. when it wasn''t Roeders fault we had to sell Lewis....

you know the story as much as i do.... Hardly fair to use it as a rod to beat Roeders back is it?

I have posted it on here previously but its been removed so i cant post it again obviously.

jas :)

[/quote]

I don''t know the story - someone cough up!

fact... GR never saw Joe train so he is a really good judge of character... On the other hand Dion did and he admitted last week it was a big mistake letting him go...

[quote user="C T has ordered his San Jose shirt"][quote user="we8wba"]

dont believe everything you read in the papers!

if so kaka, ronaldo and half the footballing world is signing for mancity

[/quote]

Stop going on about wolves!

[/quote]Lol!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Greenwich Canary"]

Brilliant.

[/quote]

wouldn''t dream of it mate.... im just fed up of people saying "dam you Roeder... you sold a goalkeeper who 4 managers never picked and who barely featured on the bench!!! may you burn in hell".. when it wasn''t Roeders fault we had to sell Lewis....

you know the story as much as i do.... Hardly fair to use it as a rod to beat Roeders back is it?

I have posted it on here previously but its been removed so i cant post it again obviously.

[/quote]

Jas it was taken off for a reason... You talk the biggest load of s***... before you go slagging off people you want to get your facts right...

People like you are much lead such an exciting life... NOT... it wouldn''t surprise me if you were at wembley on saturday and you were one of the idiots that started to boo our own players...

There are a few points to make here if this is true.

Peterborough saw that Lewis was worth £400k and that they could make a fat profit very quickly. How come they could see it and we could''nt

If it was a matter of developing Lewis'' carear at a lower league, why did''nt we loan him to Peterborough our any of the other interested clubs?

If Marshall is better than Lewis how come nobody is looking to bid £2m for him?

We have an aging second rate keeper on our bench who is putting no pressure on Marshall for his place.

Lewis may become better than Marshall, but currently I think Marshall has the edge, the problem is we had already outlayed the money on Marshall and Norwich were not going to take a loss on him in such a short period as there is no way a 1.5m keeper is going to sit on the bench behind a 19 year old.

We arnt sure that anyone is going to pay 2m for him yet, the papers say alot of things that never come true.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]

Peterborough saw that Lewis was worth £400k and that they could make a fat profit very quickly. How come they could see it and we could''nt

If it was a matter of developing Lewis'' carear at a lower league, why did''nt we loan him to Peterborough our any of the other interested clubs?

We have an aging second rate keeper on our bench who is putting no pressure on Marshall for his place.

[/quote]

welcome to Norwich City FC Stuart Nelson.

[quote user="City man"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Greenwich Canary"]

Brilliant.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Jas it was taken off for a reason... You talk the biggest load of s***... before you go slagging off people you want to get your facts right...

People like you are much lead such an exciting life... NOT... it wouldn''t surprise me if you were at wembley on saturday and you were one of the idiots that started to boo our own players...

[/quote]

keep telling yourself that. I was told the story that  Greenwich and 1 or 2 others on here have also confirmed they have heard... and please find where i have slagged anyone off on the Joe Lewis saga... if you can find it then i''ll buy you a pint of your choice before the Wolves or Donny game....cant help what i have been told... im not going to mention ti again...

And if what i say is "Sh**" then why does it clearly get your back up so much?

You''re not the person in question are you?

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]

[/quote]

And another young keeper that the papers were saying Chelsea were going to bid for.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="City man"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Greenwich Canary"]

Brilliant.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

keep telling yourself that. I was told the story that  Greenwich and 1 or 2 others on here have also confirmed they have heard... and please find where i have slagged anyone off on the Joe Lewis saga... if you can find it then i''ll buy you a pint of your choice before the Wolves or Donny game....cant help what i have been told... im not going to mention ti again...

[/quote]

Sorry Jas but I don''t actually know what you''re referring too. I heard the stories about Steve Arnold when he left, are you thinking of that?

I know Joe to a certain extent and all I can say is he was very annoyed at being sold without being given a chance. Personally, I blame Grant - the season before we had about 5 loan ''keepers (Warner, Marshall, Camp, Ashdown etc) and not once did he give Joe a chance in the first team. Wolves did it with Hennessy and now they have a £5m rated goalkeeper.

I''m slightly biased, but I do think he will go on to be a fantastic Premier League keeper.

[quote user="Greenwich Canary"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="City man"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Greenwich Canary"]

Brilliant.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry Jas but I don''t actually know what you''re referring too. I heard the stories about Steve Arnold when he left, are you thinking of that?

I know Joe to a certain extent and all I can say is he was very annoyed at being sold without being given a chance. Personally, I blame Grant - the season before we had about 5 loan ''keepers (Warner, Marshall, Camp, Ashdown etc) and not once did he give Joe a chance in the first team. Wolves did it with Hennessy and now they have a £5m rated goalkeeper.

I''m slightly biased, but I do think he will go on to be a fantastic Premier League keeper.

[/quote]yeah, and lets not forget the boy bounced back well from a horrific head injury sustained on loan - those type of injuries can unnerve players especially if you are a goalkeeper and have to dive at on-rushing players feet,,,i was very surprised to see lewis go last year, and all the more cos we seemed to do jack with the money we got in the jan window...

lgt - "for example, after proving his ability with us last season, ched evans was rumoured to be subject of interest from cardiff and others in the summer - £millions more than if he''d stayed in man city reserves...

how much is plastic worth after his peformances for city last season and this, rather than if he stayed in the reserves???"

Think how much they would be worth if their clubs loaned them to a good club....

[quote user="Nostradamus"]lgt - "for example, after proving his ability with us last season, ched evans was rumoured to be subject of interest from cardiff and others in the summer - £millions more than if he''d stayed in man city reserves...

how much is plastic worth after his peformances for city last season and this, rather than if he stayed in the reserves???"

Think how much they would be worth if their clubs loaned them to a good club....[/quote]lol - for what its worth, i''m surprised ched didn''t go out on loan to a lesser prem club/top champs club...the boy has ability, and if he stepped up performance wise over the course of this season, imo - he could take his pick of many and better clubs next season, and on a good wack...why''s he wasting his time in man city''s reserves??? sure hughes will be given £100m for the next 3 seasons, but where does that leave ched???

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="City man"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Greenwich Canary"]

Brilliant.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Jas im not the man i wish i was but im just good old me... i remember what you had heard and posted on here and i know for a fact they were not true...

he played his last game for morecambe and drove straight home after that game on the request of GR to be basically told they are selling him... he never watched him, spoke to him once so had no time at all to assess him... he never once asked JH (GK at the time) for a video nothing... as greenwich stated he was gutted at the decision, like you he was a true norwich fan and wanted to live his dream and play for the club he supported but hey thats football he has moved on and hopefully onto better things...

What you stated in that post is as much bull as what Gordon and that yellow chap posted about signings and take overs so lets just wish the guy luck and hopefully one day in the future he can live his dream and we can proud we have nutured a home grown talent...

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

I think the sell on was closer to 50% on the profit, so it could end being the biggest transfer fee received since Earnshaw

[quote user="j slat"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

I think the sell on was closer to 50% on the profit, so it could end being the biggest transfer fee received since Earnshaw

[/quote]

if the sell on clause is 20% then its PATHETIC!

[quote user="Canary Nut"][quote user="j slat"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

if the sell on clause is 20% then its PATHETIC!

[/quote]

It sure as hell is! But when have Norwich City EVER managed to gain the full market value of players they''ve sold??

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/nottm_forest/7679267.stmAlthough it''s only a loan deal... anyone else reckon they''ll make a move for Lewis?

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Woodstock"][quote user="cityangel"]

QPR have bid £2m for Joe Lewis, thats a quick profit for Peterborough if it goes ahead isnt it?

Another Roeder mistake!

[/quote]

And a healthy sell-on clause for us, I would think.
[/quote]

Oh, thats all right then!

He seems good enough for everyone else except that fool, Roeder.........priceless cock up again!

[/quote]

So because Roeder didn''t play him over Marsh he''s a fool?