Sign in to follow this  
Heffers Canary

Chadwick

Unfortunately, it look as thought he is going to join them permanently in January.  I know he has a horrendous injury record but I still think he could do a job for us.  I don''t thionk Roeder has ever given him a  chance, and, despite what he said after he got the job he clearly does have his favourites.

[quote user="Nostradamus"]WWII has finished as well, we won.[/quote]

Do you predict both correctly?

Can''t say I understand why he hasn''t been given a chance, was actually one of the few who was looking forward to his return from injury. Oh well at least the MK Dons have him for a while though somehow I feel it''s maybe a loan on condition of buying him at the end of the spell. Hope not. I seem to remember Lee Clarke putting him behind both Croft and Bell. I have no idea how good Bell is, has Roeder? I guess we will have to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

FFS! why did we we send him out onloan and not even give him a chance!!!!

jas :)

[/quote]One word...........Roeder......thats why?[:|]

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Can''t say I understand why he hasn''t been given a chance, was actually one of the few who was looking forward to his return from injury. Oh well at least the MK Dons have him for a while though somehow I feel it''s maybe a loan on condition of buying him at the end of the spell. Hope not. I seem to remember Lee Clarke putting him behind both Croft and Bell. I have no idea how good Bell is, has Roeder? I guess we will have to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one.[/quote]

Given croft started again I guess bell sits behind croft too;  but we need some quality delivery from the midfield - we know croft gives that too rarely so have little to lose in giving bell a go.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Can''t say I understand why he hasn''t been given a chance, was actually one of the few who was looking forward to his return from injury. Oh well at least the MK Dons have him for a while though somehow I feel it''s maybe a loan on condition of buying him at the end of the spell. Hope not. I seem to remember Lee Clarke putting him behind both Croft and Bell. I have no idea how good Bell is, has Roeder? I guess we will have to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one.[/quote]

thats what worries me Gazza.. everyone has raved about Bell but looking at roeders permanent signings so far, and the money paid for him, it looks like it call end in tears doesnt it?

jas :)

A little bird told me, ''Chadders'' was ''cold shouldered'' by the manager.....[;)]

I personally think that Chadwick could play an important role at NCFC.[Y]

I think he would be able to play behind the front 1 or 2. I think that he has well documented fitness problems and with the crap decision to drop the reserve fixtures, a spell on loan would benifit him. I do think that 3 months indicates a permanent move away from Carrow Road, a month would indicate a fitness boost for him.

Chadwick from the bench has the ability to turn a game - he should be back with us.

I cannot remember a single city player having a future at the club after going out on loan... can anyone help me here?

[quote user="Downs'' left boot"

1. Chadwick from the bench has the ability to turn a game - he should be back with us.

2. I cannot remember a single city player having a future at the club after going out on loan... can anyone help me here?]

1. Agreed (and at present we have no-one quite like that and capable of running through a defence); and

2. I can''t either. Sad.

(I love the way this thread won''t die: if Strihavka, Brown, Lappin and Chadwick had been given a better chance to prove their worth, would we really be in any worse postion than we are now?).

"Chadwick from the bench has the ability to turn a game - he should be back with us."Your evidence for that statement is....? When he''s played for us he''s looked off the pace physically and mentally. Another "grass is greener" moment here, I think.

[quote user="Old Boy"]"Chadwick from the bench has the ability to turn a game - he should be back with us."

Your evidence for that statement is....? When he''s played for us he''s looked off the pace physically and mentally. Another "grass is greener" moment here, I think.
[/quote]

Evidence:

1. Well the stats say 2 goals in just 18 career appearances. (Not a bad goal he scored v Ipswich was it?)

2. Compare with Pattison (no goals from 38) and even Fotheringham (just 3 from 58). Even Lappin playing out of position at LB for many of his 33 starts has managed 3 goals. 

3. He''s doing for MK Dons now what we couldn''t do when we played them

As for being off the pace he''s had a lot of injuries - but why dump him  when he appears to have got through them?. Are you suggesting the alternatives who are playing have all been on the pace physically and mentally? Don''t think anyone is saying Chadwick is a world beater but that he''s no worse than what we have and could actually be better - and  having shipped out Martin (for good reason it seemes) we have few players who can come on and run at the opposition. The manager''s decision just seems to have been very, very hasty, especially given our current situation. That''s all.