Sign in to follow this  
jim blair

Roeders "We didnt deserve to lose" quote in todays papers..

Anybody else who was at the game agree with this ?  yes we did work hard, but the group of players we have are simply not good enough!!.I am a Roeder fan and i blame the board for our current plight,However Glen if you read this board wake up mate. we were second best to a poor Bristol city team on Saturday for 80% of the game. Strikers who cant hit a barn door when they are given a chance,although that is not very often(1 goal in 6 games from open play) midfielders who are not capable of creating anything, and a back four who are not bad but prone to point costing howlers..by the way Glen when a striker gets injured for god sake replace them with one off the bench..total disruption and a kick in the nuts for lupolis confidence is not good.

I believe that the board have to take a chance and go cap in hand to PC even if they dont believe it is right for the club, they have to gamble because Relagation will certainly not be good and that is where the current squad is taking the club

[quote user="jim blair"]

Anybody else who was at the game agree with this ?  yes we did work hard, but the group of players we have are simply not good enough!!.I am a Roeder fan and i blame the board for our current plight,However Glen if you read this board wake up mate. we were second best to a poor Bristol city team on Saturday for 80% of the game. Strikers who cant hit a barn door when they are given a chance,although that is not very often(1 goal in 6 games from open play) midfielders who are not capable of creating anything, and a back four who are not bad but prone to point costing howlers..by the way Glen when a striker gets injured for god sake replace them with one off the bench..total disruption and a kick in the nuts for lupolis confidence is not good.

I believe that the board have to take a chance and go cap in hand to PC even if they dont believe it is right for the club, they have to gamble because Relagation will certainly not be good and that is where the current squad is taking the club

[/quote]

In fairness to Roeder,what else can he say? I agree with you regarding the blame,but he''s still a club employee and he has to work with what he''s got.He gains nothing by being honest as that just destroys what little confidence the players have that much quicker. I really feel for the bloke at the moment,because he''s in a sword fight with a kitchen knife and one hand tied behind his back,but he was totally wrong on the Sibierski substitution.

roeder ...you keep passing the buck.. not that it has anything to do with you , besides you only pick the team every week... the amount of grief i got two weeks ago , people thought i was a wind up.

i dont like him hes no good , i dont rate the board ,

id hate to see this fantastic club we all adore and love continue in this manner..

someone needs to come in quick..someone who knows what they are doing.

i did hear a rumour..how true this is i dont know ..if cullum came in he would want to put his own manager in.

fair point really the guy knows what hes doing , hes bank balance show that.

I understand that, just wanted to be sure i was watching the same game as the other 999 Canaries fans.The sibierski decision was not Glens finest moment.

[quote user="singing canary"]

roeder ...you keep passing the buck.. not that it has anything to do with you , besides you only pick the team every week... the amount of grief i got two weeks ago , people thought i was a wind up.

i dont like him hes no good , i dont rate the board ,

id hate to see this fantastic club we all adore and love continue in this manner..

someone needs to come in quick..someone who knows what they are doing.

i did hear a rumour..how true this is i dont know ..if cullum came in he would want to put his own manager in.

fair point really the guy knows what hes doing , hes bank balance show that.

[/quote]

And how many football clubs has he run?

Beauseant how many clubs did delia run before us, she''s done a good job for us over the years but she simply hasn''t got the funds to put us where we want to be, Cullum has, also he''s stated that he would put his own people in the club to run it,

Many people thought the City financiers were the dog''s b******s until they over-reached themselves and risk destroying all of our liveliheoods, savings, pensions and home values, they get bailed out by the government yet still live in their multi million pound mock georgian monstrosities while the fruits of their labours crumble into the dust they proved to be...........................

[quote user="steve o"]Beauseant how many clubs did delia run before us, she''s done a good job for us over the years but she simply hasn''t got the funds to put us where we want to be, Cullum has, also he''s stated that he would put his own people in the club to run it,[/quote]

I agree with all of that mate,I just get a bit fed up with the universal assumption that Cullum is some sort of superhero,rather than just another rich bloke who fancies a toy.I want his cash in as much as anybody,believe me!

I was one of the 999 City fans, and I must agree with Roeder, we didn''t deserve to lose. We played some half decent football at times, we just can''t convert our chances.

if you cant score goals (of which we cant) the likelyhood is you will lose.. come on lets be real about this .

we could have got a half decent striker for 600k instead of buying hoolihan.

i got loads of stick as i never had liked him.. i think people now see that themselves .

if he can pull it round i would take back what ive said , but i dont think that will be the case some how..

see what your saying mate, i don''t actually care neither am i that bothered which very wealthy person decides that he wants to buy delia''s toy off her as long as it happens, bottom line is delia will decide who she sells too and we don''t get a say, just hope it''s sooner rather than later as we''re in a complete mess,

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="jim blair"]

[/quote]

In fairness to Roeder,what else can he say? I agree with you regarding the blame,but he''s still a club employee and he has to work with what he''s got.He gains nothing by being honest as that just destroys what little confidence the players have that much quicker. I really feel for the bloke at the moment,because he''s in a sword fight with a kitchen knife and one hand tied behind his back,but he was totally wrong on the Sibierski substitution.

[/quote]He was in a lose, lose situation though wasn''t he? If he had put Lupoli on and we had lost, some people would be saying that he should have put Russell up front to give us physical presence. That''s if Lupoli lasted the 60 minutes or so - from what I''ve seen of him his fitness is a bit of a worry.

[quote user="Matt Juler"]I was one of the 999 City fans, and I must agree with Roeder, we didn''t deserve to lose. We played some half decent football at times, we just can''t convert our chances.[/quote]

I was there too and we didn''t deserve to lose the game. It''s the way things are going at the moment but I said it Saturday and I''ll repeat it now - If we don''t score goals we won''t win games.

Did Bristol deserve to win the game? Certainly not, they were the home side, they cynically targeted 3 of our players and put them out of the game, and the referee gave these players no protection whatsoever. Despite this the game was even and we had as much of the game as Bristol.

Did we deserve to win the game? Probably not, a draw would have been fair but then if you can''t score....

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Matt Juler"]I was one of the 999 City fans, and I must agree with Roeder, we didn''t deserve to lose. We played some half decent football at times, we just can''t convert our chances.[/quote]

I was there too and we didn''t deserve to lose the game. It''s the way things are going at the moment but I said it Saturday and I''ll repeat it now - If we don''t score goals we won''t win games.

Did Bristol deserve to win the game? Certainly not, they were the home side, they cynically targeted 3 of our players and put them out of the game, and the referee gave these players no protection whatsoever. Despite this the game was even and we had as much of the game as Bristol.

Did we deserve to win the game? Probably not, a draw would have been fair but then if you can''t score....

[/quote] We didnt really create anything and i thought we always looked capaple of conceeding. oh well, different opinions i suppose that helps make the game what it is. Iwish i could see it from a more positive point of view,but at this moment in time i will be amazed if we dont finish in the bottom 3

[quote user="jim blair"]I understand that, just wanted to be sure i was watching the same game as the other 999 Canaries fans.The sibierski decision was not Glens finest moment.[/quote]

He was injured......

I cant believe people are still stupid enough to consider Cullum.

He''s had his chance and walked away. Cheerio.

The long term future of the clum MUST come first. He''d sell the ground in a heartbeat

[quote user="IBA"][quote user="jim blair"]I understand that, just wanted to be sure i was watching the same game as the other 999 Canaries fans.The sibierski decision was not Glens finest moment.[/quote] He was injured...... I cant believe people are still stupid enough to consider Cullum. He''s had his chance and walked away. Cheerio. The long term future of the clum MUST come first. He''d sell the ground in a heartbeat[/quote]

Welcome back I Beat Atalanta, thought you were banned?

1 question-why is it you think a lifelong Norwich fan who was once on the clubs books, would sell the ground?

[quote user="jim blair"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote] We didnt really create anything and i thought we always looked capaple of conceeding. oh well, different opinions i suppose that helps make the game what it is. Iwish i could see it from a more positive point of view,but at this moment in time i will be amazed if we dont finish in the bottom 3[/quote]

There''s nothing very positive in my post Jim. Bristol weren''t very good and we matched them. Both sides created very little. Neither could say they did enough to win the game. Croft and Pattison had loads of the ball and gave 100% but neither of them created chances. However the front players sometimes should be able to create a chance for themselves. Ched Evans didn''t complain about service did he? He created goals for himself.

I think the referee was the reason that Lupoli remained on the bench and Russell was put up front. He offered our players no protection. It''s no use complaining though, they have to get up, dust themselves down and have a go tomorrow night. I will say this though - Saturdays performance was nothing like as bad as those no shows we used to see regularly away from home in previous seasons. It''s just all undone when we can''t score a goal....

bored of that stupid line that he uses every game, im sure tottenham would be in a better position if they "didnt deserve to lose" we did, and he has to face up to, i know a few things about roeder and hes a terrible man manager, im not sayin how i know this but me being a pro roeder man when he came here, i just think the guy is relying to much on training us like a namby pamby premiership side and not bringing in players who are beefed up and have strength...which you need in this league...how the bloody hell can teams like swansea, ipswich, even hull city to a point on paper be any better then us, well for a start they have a squad of hull city players, not a bunch of kids who are on work experience.

We never deserve to lose according to Mr Roeder... he is a prize prat.

According to him we should of won all 11 league games, be sitting pretty at the top of the league and still be in the league cup.

Shame the board of directionless do not share your optimism Glen... [:D]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="jim blair"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote] We didnt really create anything and i thought we always looked capaple of conceeding. oh well, different opinions i suppose that helps make the game what it is. Iwish i could see it from a more positive point of view,but at this moment in time i will be amazed if we dont finish in the bottom 3[/quote]

There''s nothing very positive in my post Jim. Bristol weren''t very good and we matched them. Both sides created very little. Neither could say they did enough to win the game. Croft and Pattison had loads of the ball and gave 100% but neither of them created chances. However the front players sometimes should be able to create a chance for themselves. Ched Evans didn''t complain about service did he? He created goals for himself.

I think the referee was the reason that Lupoli remained on the bench and Russell was put up front. He offered our players no protection. It''s no use complaining though, they have to get up, dust themselves down and have a go tomorrow night. I will say this though - Saturdays performance was nothing like as bad as those no shows we used to see regularly away from home in previous seasons. It''s just all undone when we can''t score a goal....

[/quote] you are right about ched. then again he was different class to what we have this year, cant believe that a referee could influence a substitution though, hopefully we may see Bell and Lupoli in the team tonight.

The last time I looked at the FA rules you get points for winning and drawing not for artistic impression.

Its the points that count Rodent, and right now you dont have enough.

Nice little old Norwich mentality.................soon to be on show in League one with these spinless displays.

On loan to the Endsleigh type tee shirts for next season in League one anybody..........no I thought not..........there is no confidence about the club and if they were honest, its fans