Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

So what are you going to DO about it?

The message board this morning - more hot air and empty threats about Delia this, Roeder that, the players blah blah blah.  It''s pointless bile and drivel.  Carp, moan, whinge, whine.Some people''s response is to create a little graphical image of Delia/Roeder which appears at the bottom of their forum posts.  Ooooh, HOW effective.  Well done.  Really standing up for change there, aren''t you?Other people''s response is to rant incoherently at Delia, the board, Roeder, without ever achieving anything.  As if anyone in Carrow Road will be reading your posts and thinking "gosh, yes, we''re wrong, we should resign."So, all you brave keyboard warriors... if you want regime change at the club, and if you think the time for action has come - if you REALLY believe that, tell us what you are going to do to change things.  Otherwise stop bleating about it on this message board.

I ap-plaud you Mr_Chops... something we actually agree on... [Y]

As to the rest of you spineless twots... stop bleating and make yourselves heard on Tuesday evening... you kinow the words... "DELIA OUT" or "Cullum in, SMITH OUT" or "Sack the Board" or something a little more original and little play on words about the thrifty cook maybe???

[quote user="Woodstock"]The message board this morning - more hot air and empty threats about Delia this, Roeder that, the players blah blah blah.  It''s pointless bile and drivel.  Carp, moan, whinge, whine.

Some people''s response is to create a little graphical image of Delia/Roeder which appears at the bottom of their forum posts.  Ooooh, HOW effective.  Well done.  Really standing up for change there, aren''t you?

Other people''s response is to rant incoherently at Delia, the board, Roeder, without ever achieving anything.  As if anyone in Carrow Road will be reading your posts and thinking "gosh, yes, we''re wrong, we should resign."

So, all you brave keyboard warriors... if you want regime change at the club, and if you think the time for action has come - if you REALLY believe that, tell us what you are going to do to change things.  Otherwise stop bleating about it on this message board.

[/quote]

NO! WHY DON''T YOU TELL US WHAT YOU''RE GOING TO DO ABOUT IT!

You and the rest of the Carrow conscientious nobjectors....Just sit back and cat-call, and berate.....and don''t do anything yourselves.....Do you.

Regards: "Stalkers R'' Us"....Mwahahaha![6]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="Woodstock"]The message board this morning - more hot air and empty threats about Delia this, Roeder that, the players blah blah blah.  It''s pointless bile and drivel.  Carp, moan, whinge, whine.Some people''s response is to create a little graphical image of Delia/Roeder which appears at the bottom of their forum posts.  Ooooh, HOW effective.  Well done.  Really standing up for change there, aren''t you?Other people''s response is to rant incoherently at Delia, the board, Roeder, without ever achieving anything.  As if anyone in Carrow Road will be reading your posts and thinking "gosh, yes, we''re wrong, we should resign."So, all you brave keyboard warriors... if you want regime change at the club, and if you think the time for action has come - if you REALLY believe that, tell us what you are going to do to change things.  Otherwise stop bleating about it on this message board.[/quote]

You and the rest of the Carrow conscientious nobjectors....Just sit back and cat-call, and berate.....and don''t do anything yourselves.....Do you.

[/quote]Am I berating, or am I facilitating the organisation of a movement for democratic change?I''m saying "money where your mouths are, whingers."You seem to see negativity in everything.  You''re right at home here, I guess. [^]And I note you didn''t answer the question.  What are you going to do about it?

I''ve already stopped going to games and I''m going to make every effort to make sure I don''t get anything from the club shop this Christmas.  I don''t like doing it but getting rid of Delia as quickly as possible has got to be in the best interests of the club.

[quote user="Regime Change"]I''ve already stopped going to games and I''m going to make every effort to make sure I don''t get anything from the club shop this Christmas.  I don''t like doing it but getting rid of Delia as quickly as possible has got to be in the best interests of the club.[/quote]

Given that D&M have publicly stated their desire to sell,the whole thing hinges on somebody buying the club.I can''t make that happen, nor can Smudger et al.If no buyer shows him/herself there is no-one to sell to.

Those are the facts.Live with them.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Regime Change"]I''ve already stopped going to games and I''m going to make every effort to make sure I don''t get anything from the club shop this Christmas.  I don''t like doing it but getting rid of Delia as quickly as possible has got to be in the best interests of the club.[/quote]

Given that D&M have publicly stated their desire to sell,the whole thing hinges on somebody buying the club.I can''t make that happen, nor can Smudger et al.If no buyer shows him/herself there is no-one to sell to.

[/quote]Those are not the facts, because everything has a buyer at the right price.

[quote user="Woodstock"]The message board this morning - more hot air and empty threats about Delia this, Roeder that, the players blah blah blah.  It''s pointless bile and drivel.  Carp, moan, whinge, whine.

Some people''s response is to create a little graphical image of Delia/Roeder which appears at the bottom of their forum posts.  Ooooh, HOW effective.  Well done.  Really standing up for change there, aren''t you?

Other people''s response is to rant incoherently at Delia, the board, Roeder, without ever achieving anything.  As if anyone in Carrow Road will be reading your posts and thinking "gosh, yes, we''re wrong, we should resign."

So, all you brave keyboard warriors... if you want regime change at the club, and if you think the time for action has come - if you REALLY believe that, tell us what you are going to do to change things.  Otherwise stop bleating about it on this message board.

[/quote]

Well to start with the "bleating on the message board" is the perogative of any who want to vent frustrations , anger , whatever. In exactly the same way that you have just given your "opinion". Or have you ??? What exactly is your position ?? You are happy with the present situation then ?? We have no idea ,, all you have done is "bleat on "about people using the message board for its exact purpose !

[quote user="astrodyne"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

Those are not the facts, because everything has a buyer at the right price.
[/quote]

Er,yes they are. I made no comment on price.

[quote user="Woodstock"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Am I berating, or am I facilitating the organisation of a movement for democratic change?
I''m saying "money where your mouths are, whingers."
You seem to see negativity in everything.  You''re right at home here, I guess. [^]
And I note you didn''t answer the question.  What are you going to do about it?
[/quote]

I''m asking the disgruntled shareholders to be the voice of the fans at the next AGM....Is that OK?

I''m neither positive nor negative....I post what I feel concerning NCFC plc, which at this moment in time (or for the last 3 years) is negativity in abundance. Outside of NCFC, I am an entirely and totally different person. Call it ''CYBERRAGE'' attributed to the ''SILAGE'' - that is currently NCFC.....if you wish?[:|]

[quote user="Woodstock"]
Am I berating, or am I facilitating the organisation of a movement for democratic change?
[/quote]

A Movement for Democratic Change?

You are in trouble, my friend.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="astrodyne"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Channeling myself away from the keyboard skirmishes and individual disagreement and cyber fisticuffs....Is your boy OK Beasueant? I seem to remember that you mentioned something concerning him being taken for treatment.....Football injury or something? 

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="astrodyne"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

Those are not the facts, because everything has a buyer at the right price.[/quote]

[/quote]Ok, I''ll spell it out shall I? You said that nobody can make somebody buy the club - fair dues, but also say that if no buyer shows themselves then there is nobody to sell to. So how do you know that nobody has offered to buy the club, but not at the price wanted by the present ''job-lot''? I mean, most of us would buy it for a tenner, right? Therefore we have just found x-thousand buyers for the club. Hence your statements in the original post are not facts, and we don''t actually have to live with them. With enough fan pressure, the price would lower enough to make this club saleable pdq.

[quote user="astrodyne"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="astrodyne"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ok, I''ll spell it out shall I? You said that nobody can make somebody buy the club - fair dues, but also say that if no buyer shows themselves then there is nobody to sell to. So how do you know that nobody has offered to buy the club, but not at the price wanted by the present ''job-lot''? I mean, most of us would buy it for a tenner, right? Therefore we have just found x-thousand buyers for the club. Hence your statements in the original post are not facts, and we don''t actually have to live with them. With enough fan pressure, the price would lower enough to make this club saleable pdq.
[/quote]

Thank you for spelling it out for me. Of course its simple,isn''t it? The Smiths simply right off the millions they''ve put in and give the club away for nothing, just like you would in their position. Why didn''t I see that before? However,back in the real world that''s not going to happen is it? We are in the middle of the world''s worst economic crisis since 1929 and people like you want to march on Carrow Road  and force out the board with no clear replacement available. Power (if only imagined) without responsibility is a dangerous and heady thing.I want change as much as you, but it will happen when the time is right,however frustrating us fans find it (and we do).

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="astrodyne"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="astrodyne"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

Those are not the facts, because everything has a buyer at the right price.[/quote]

[/quote]Ok, I''ll spell it out shall I? You said that nobody can make somebody buy the club - fair dues, but also say that if no buyer shows themselves then there is nobody to sell to. So how do you know that nobody has offered to buy the club, but not at the price wanted by the present ''job-lot''? I mean, most of us would buy it for a tenner, right? Therefore we have just found x-thousand buyers for the club. Hence your statements in the original post are not facts, and we don''t actually have to live with them. With enough fan pressure, the price would lower enough to make this club saleable pdq.[/quote]

Thank you for spelling it out for me. Of course its simple,isn''t it? The Smiths simply right off the millions they''ve put in and give the club away for nothing, just like you would in their position. Why didn''t I see that before? However,back in the real world that''s not going to happen is it? We are in the middle of the world''s worst economic crisis since 1929 and people like you want to march on Carrow Road  and force out the board with no clear replacement available. Power (if only imagined) without responsibility is a dangerous and heady thing.I want change as much as you, but it will happen when the time is right,however frustrating us fans find it (and we do).

[/quote]Because you are a board apologist and still can''t (or won''t) accept that auntie deals is killing this club. A typical example of the no-risk, ''prudence with ambition'' mind-set that auntie deals has nutured at this club - squeezing out and campaigning against any last dregs of flair or individuality, or dare I say it - risk!

Five hours ago I started a thread "Hit them in the pocket" about an economic boycott - don''t buy food, drink, merchandise, programmes, casual tickets etc.

It has had not a single reply.

I take it that means everyone agrees and will be putting it into practice starting now?

[8-)]

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="astrodyne"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Channeling myself away from the keyboard skirmishes and individual disagreement and cyber fisticuffs....Is your boy OK Beasueant? I seem to remember that you mentioned something concerning him being taken for treatment.....Football injury or something? 

[/quote]

Apologies Mello, I missed this post earlier,and thanks for your concern. He''s pretty sore this morning and looks a mess,but he''ll be ok.He didn''t have concussion but has a deep gash which required stitches and may have a broken nose....they can''t tell until some of the swelling has gone.He is, however, developing two cracking shiners and milking the sympathy from his girlfriend!!!!

[quote user="astrodyne"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="astrodyne"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="astrodyne"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ok, I''ll spell it out shall I? You said that nobody can make somebody buy the club - fair dues, but also say that if no buyer shows themselves then there is nobody to sell to. So how do you know that nobody has offered to buy the club, but not at the price wanted by the present ''job-lot''? I mean, most of us would buy it for a tenner, right? Therefore we have just found x-thousand buyers for the club. Hence your statements in the original post are not facts, and we don''t actually have to live with them. With enough fan pressure, the price would lower enough to make this club saleable pdq.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Because you are a board apologist and still can''t (or won''t) accept that auntie deals is killing this club. A typical example of the no-risk, ''prudence with ambition'' mind-set that auntie deals has nutured at this club - squeezing out and campaigning against any last dregs of flair or individuality, or dare I say it - risk!
[/quote]

FFS how can I be a board apologist when I want the board to go? I''m disagreeing with you about methods,not end results.That comment just about sums up the tunnel vision that seems to rule on here at present. I''m sure that if you and I sat and talked over a pint we probably would agree on a lot of things regarding the club, but this forum encourages polarisation and pigeon holing so that anyone who doesn''t want to drag Delia from the boardroom and garrot her in the marketplace is a "board apologist".

[quote user="Robert Mugabe"]

[quote user="Woodstock"]Am I berating, or am I facilitating the organisation of a movement for democratic change?[/quote]

A Movement for Democratic Change?

You are in trouble, my friend.

[/quote]Oh boy.  I preferred Mello, frankly.So nobody''s going to step up and organise anything, then?  Carry on whining.

"FFS how can I be a board apologist when I want the board to go? I''m

disagreeing with you about methods,not end results.That comment just

about sums up the tunnel vision that seems to rule on here at present.

I''m sure that if you and I sat and talked over a pint we probably would

agree on a lot of things regarding the club, but this forum encourages

polarisation and pigeon holing so that anyone who doesn''t want to drag

Delia from the boardroom and garrot her in the marketplace is a "board

apologist"."Beauseant, you see you make me wonder because you over-dramatisize the removal of the current board. Nobody has mentioned dragging and garroting - you make the process sound so draconian and difficult, its not. Fan pressure has ensured the removal of several ''owners'' throughout footballs history, and I for one can''t see what is so different this time.

[quote user="astrodyne"]"FFS how can I be a board apologist when I want the board to go? I''m disagreeing with you about methods,not end results.That comment just about sums up the tunnel vision that seems to rule on here at present. I''m sure that if you and I sat and talked over a pint we probably would agree on a lot of things regarding the club, but this forum encourages polarisation and pigeon holing so that anyone who doesn''t want to drag Delia from the boardroom and garrot her in the marketplace is a "board apologist"."

Beauseant, you see you make me wonder because you over-dramatisize the removal of the current board. Nobody has mentioned dragging and garroting - you make the process sound so draconian and difficult, its not. Fan pressure has ensured the removal of several ''owners'' throughout footballs history, and I for one can''t see what is so different this time.
[/quote]

The garroting comment is really aimed at the likes of Smudger,but I take your point.All I''m trying to get across is that, while I totally accept the need for change at the top,and particularly the need for significant investment into the playing side, I find it hard to buy the argument that if Smith and Jones are forced out someone will step in and everything will be better because the economy is shot to bits,credit lines are jammed up,and its not going to get any better for some time.If I was convinced that Cullum really wants in and Delia is refusing to negotiate I would be happy to join a protest,but I really don''t think that that''s the case.If we break something we need to be able to rebuild it,and without Cullum (or someone similar we can''t.I suppose I''m looking for a sign but not seeing one.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="astrodyne"]"FFS how can I be a board apologist when I want the board to go? I''m disagreeing with you about methods,not end results.That comment just about sums up the tunnel vision that seems to rule on here at present. I''m sure that if you and I sat and talked over a pint we probably would agree on a lot of things regarding the club, but this forum encourages polarisation and pigeon holing so that anyone who doesn''t want to drag Delia from the boardroom and garrot her in the marketplace is a "board apologist"."Beauseant, you see you make me wonder because you over-dramatisize the removal of the current board. Nobody has mentioned dragging and garroting - you make the process sound so draconian and difficult, its not. Fan pressure has ensured the removal of several ''owners'' throughout footballs history, and I for one can''t see what is so different this time. [/quote]

The garroting comment is really aimed at the likes of Smudger,but I take your point.All I''m trying to get across is that, while I totally accept the need for change at the top,and particularly the need for significant investment into the playing side, I find it hard to buy the argument that if Smith and Jones are forced out someone will step in and everything will be better because the economy is shot to bits,credit lines are jammed up,and its not going to get any better for some time.If I was convinced that Cullum really wants in and Delia is refusing to negotiate I would be happy to join a protest,but I really don''t think that that''s the case.If we break something we need to be able to rebuild it,and without Cullum (or someone similar we can''t.I suppose I''m looking for a sign but not seeing one.

[/quote]Fair dues I think I can understand your hesitancy with regards to finding a new owner with the state of the economy. But as ever, in times of strife, new people move forward and into markets to make riches from the rubble. I just hope that rubble is not all that is left of carrow road by the time they get in. Oh, and mines a Jack and coke whilst you''re at the bar[;)]

[quote user="astrodyne"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="astrodyne"]"FFS how can I be a board apologist when I want the board to go? I''m disagreeing with you about methods,not end results.That comment just about sums up the tunnel vision that seems to rule on here at present. I''m sure that if you and I sat and talked over a pint we probably would agree on a lot of things regarding the club, but this forum encourages polarisation and pigeon holing so that anyone who doesn''t want to drag Delia from the boardroom and garrot her in the marketplace is a "board apologist"."

Beauseant, you see you make me wonder because you over-dramatisize the removal of the current board. Nobody has mentioned dragging and garroting - you make the process sound so draconian and difficult, its not. Fan pressure has ensured the removal of several ''owners'' throughout footballs history, and I for one can''t see what is so different this time.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Fair dues I think I can understand your hesitancy with regards to finding a new owner with the state of the economy. But as ever, in times of strife, new people move forward and into markets to make riches from the rubble. I just hope that rubble is not all that is left of carrow road by the time they get in. Oh, and mines a Jack and coke whilst you''re at the bar[;)]
[/quote]

Believe me,I really hope that someone comes forward,because we can''t go on like this,and I can see an ever quickening downward spiral.I''ve had many ups and downs with City in 40 odd years but I don''t think I''ve ever felt as low as I do now.If Cullum comes up trumps the Jack and cokes are on me[Y]

woodstock mate.. most people who love norwich arnt happy , so they certainly arnt going to be writting well done. i agree with you if everyone got together alot of voices together would or could be listened too ... i cant see too many people saying roeder and delia and gang are wonderfull and people are frustrated, sometimes i wish people in norfolk were as vocal as the geordies... if  25,000 people chanted delia out on a saturday she might get the message.

but some wont say nothing ,some defend , i arnt defending anyone at norwich at the moment ,

the sooner we have a clean sweep the better before its too late..

I agree Mr C. Too often it''s hyperbole and rhetoric. There''s no substance to the vast majority of posts on this forum and it''s no surprise that nothing has happened in this "Delia out" group and nothing will happen.

[quote user="Fellas"]I agree Mr C. Too often it''s hyperbole and rhetoric. There''s no substance to the vast majority of posts on this forum and it''s no surprise that nothing has happened in this "Delia out" group and nothing will happen.[/quote]Well, exactly.William Shakespeare put it nicely oh so many years ago - presumably he was a fan.MACBETHTo-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,Creeps in this petty pace from day to dayTo the last syllable of recorded time,And all our yesterdays have lighted foolsThe way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!Life''s but a walking shadow, a poor playerThat struts and frets his hour upon the stageAnd then is heard no more: it is a taleTold by an idiot, full of sound and fury,Signifying nothing.This message board''s full of sound and fury alright - but who''s prepared to stand up and do something about it?

[quote user="Smudger"]

As to the rest of you spineless twots... stop bleating and make yourselves heard on Tuesday evening... you kinow the words... "DELIA OUT" or "Cullum in, SMITH OUT" or "Sack the Board" or something a little more original and little play on words about the thrifty cook maybe???

[/quote]There are many songs to sing if people are so inclined... perhaps some of you could try such well worn classics as..."Where''s the money gone? (Where''s the money gone?)""Spend some f**king money...""Buy some f**king players...""What a load of rubbish...""Sack the board, sack the board, sack the board...""One Peter Cullum...""Let''s be sacking you...""Hey there Delia" - oh no, that was the Plain White Tees.

And now I''m going to listen to Side 2 of Abbey Road - genius.

[quote user="Woodstock"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

There are many songs to sing if people are so inclined... perhaps some of you could try such well worn classics as...

"Where''s the money gone? (Where''s the money gone?)"

"Spend some f**king money..."

"Buy some f**king players..."

"What a load of rubbish..."

"Sack the board, sack the board, sack the board..."

"One Peter Cullum..."

"Let''s be sacking you..."

"Hey there Delia" - oh no, that was the Plain White Tees.

And now I''m going to listen to Side 2 of Abbey Road - genius.

[/quote]

Will you be singing one of the above tomorrow night then CHOPS?

Maybe the ''Cullum in, Delia Out'' or ''Cullum get your chequebook out'' are ones that you so called fence sitters could sing along to???  [:#] 

You are suggesting that we dont mention anything negative on here but have to go out and stone carrow road.   Pressure is pressure, it is spreading opinion and changing opinions,  this message board is one way out of many.So cut the keyboard warrior rubbish.[quote user="Woodstock"]The message board this morning - more hot air and empty threats about Delia this, Roeder that, the players blah blah blah.  It''s pointless bile and drivel.  Carp, moan, whinge, whine.Some people''s response is to create a little graphical image of Delia/Roeder which appears at the bottom of their forum posts.  Ooooh, HOW effective.  Well done.  Really standing up for change there, aren''t you?Other people''s response is to rant incoherently at Delia, the board, Roeder, without ever achieving anything.  As if anyone in Carrow Road will be reading your posts and thinking "gosh, yes, we''re wrong, we should resign."So, all you brave keyboard warriors... if you want regime change at the club, and if you think the time for action has come - if you REALLY believe that, tell us what you are going to do to change things.  Otherwise stop bleating about it on this message board.[/quote]

[quote user="renegade tootsie"]You are suggesting that we dont mention anything negative on here but have to go out and stone carrow road.   Pressure is pressure, it is spreading opinion and changing opinions,  this message board is one way out of many.So cut the keyboard warrior rubbish.[/quote]Do you actually read what you post?