Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

When Hucks takes up his season ticket seat........

................on 8 November is it - against Preston.................?

Whoyyyyyoooooooyyyyyyyoooooooyyyyyyyy!!

Watch out guys and gals.

I suspect the fun will start.

OTBC

Will probably get the biggest cheer heard at CR  this season, which says all you need to know about the season so far.If I remember correctly GR joined us in Oct/Nov 2007, so it will be his anniversary too, one whole season in charge - surely a full celebration is in order, to mark the huge success GR has made of our club!!!

Whats the betting that after Hucks first game back, as a fan, and the crowd chant his name for 90 mins while we endure another home loss, that Roeder bans him for the next game?Roeder and Clark arent gonna be happy with us cheering a player he got rid of, and it might not be healthy for the team, but i think the players will understand what Roeder clearly chose to ignore, that we all love Hucks.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Watch out guys and gals.

OTBC

[/quote]

This from a poster who spent all last season telling us Roeder shouldn''t play him and if Hucks didn''t like it he should let him go [:O]

I have mixed feelings.  I guess it''s inevitable, given the way he was cast aside and our current form, and he deserves a warm welcome.  But if it goes over the top it puts him in a difficult position.  Does he simply ignore it, or does he do something to let the fans know when enough is enough?

And there''s a trap lurking.  What are we trying to achieve?  Roeder Out or Board Out (or both)?  If it turns into another Burnley and Roeder is sacked but the board remain, how would that help?  It might even buy the board some more time and that''s the last thing we need. 

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Watch out guys and gals.

OTBC

[/quote]

This from a poster who spent all last season telling us Roeder shouldn''t play him and if Hucks didn''t like it he should let him go [:O]

[/quote]

Quite so nigel. Except as a striker in a 442.

But I''m sure you''ll still enjoy the fun.

Pity I won''t be able to make it!

OTBC

i wonder if the club will try and milk this?

I can see it now actually... in order to try and create an atmosphere they will parade hucks around the pitch and the announcer will say "please welcome former player AND NORWICH FAN Darren Huckerby as he takes his seat for the game!"

some will go loopy and chant his name... others will shake their heads at the club trying to build bridges....

sound stupid? no.. it sounds like the sort of thing our club will try!

jas :)

i will chant huckerbys name whether we win lose or draw. hucks is the best player ive ever seen at this club and gave me some wonderfull memorys. i was actually supportive at the time when roeder let him go because i generally thought the money saved in wages would be able to get 3-4 more bodies in who would still have the quality in this division. how wrong i was..............

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Watch out guys and gals.

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Quite so nigel. Except as a striker in a 442.

But I''m sure you''ll still enjoy the fun.

Pity I won''t be able to make it!

OTBC

[/quote]Do you attend any games?   Question out of curiosity.

[quote user="C T"]

I am soo looking forward to this game!

Lets be avin'' some Huckerby chants [:)]

[/quote]*Head in hands*Do it before, do it after but don''t do it during the game.

[quote user="C T"]

[/quote]

I hang my head in shame..

[quote user="lincoln canary"]i will chant huckerbys name whether we win lose or draw. hucks is the best player ive ever seen at this club and gave me some wonderfull memorys. i was actually supportive at the time when roeder let him go because i generally thought the money saved in wages would be able to get 3-4 more bodies in who would still have the quality in this division. how wrong i was..............[/quote]

Ah, bless.

[quote user="city4life"][quote user="C T"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m suprised Wiz hasn''t used CT in a spell yet. Do male virgins not work??[;)]

Anyone who chants Huckerby when he comes back is an idiot. Get behind the team out there not someone who doesn''t even play for us anymore. Roeder was right to get rid of him in my opinion, he had lost his yard of pace, didn''t defend and rarely passed. Agreed he came out with some moments of magic but put us in trouble most of the time by losing the ball.

[quote user="Fabregas- Poor Mans Ian Crook"]

Anyone who chants Huckerby when he comes back is an idiot. Get behind the team out there not someone who doesn''t even play for us anymore. Roeder was right to get rid of him in my opinion, he had lost his yard of pace, didn''t defend and rarely passed. Agreed he came out with some moments of magic but put us in trouble most of the time by losing the ball.

[/quote]I agree with that, but I also think Huckerby deserves all the attention he''s going to get, he was a great servant for us, pretty much single handedly took us to the premiership and as a Norwich fan, I was devastated that we weren''t able to give him the send off he deserves, so against Preston I''ll be singing his name!

[/quote]Can 20 000 idiots be wrong?

[quote user="IncH_HigH"][quote user="city4life"][quote user="C T"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m suprised Wiz hasn''t used CT in a spell yet. Do male virgins not work??[;)]

[/quote]

thats it mate. use insults, that''ll get your point across [Y]

[/quote]

yes, he may have lost pace - probably due to the injury (which was no secret)

he didn''t defend - neither does Hoolahan (the new hero), and we didn''t complain about that during the promotion & premier seasons where we had better midfielders e.g. Francis and Holt, who compensated for this.

he rarely passed - i suggest you watch some dvd reviews

and despite the above he was still our BEST player (and the opposition surely thought so too given their no 1 strategy to thwart him).

Roeder cut off his nose to spite his face. Fool.

[quote user="C T"][quote user="IncH_HigH"][quote user="city4life"][quote user="C T"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

thats it mate. use insults, that''ll get your point across [Y]

[/quote]

nothing to be ashamed of, cold plays Chris Martin popped his cherry at 22....

jas :)

[quote user="kiwiNCFC"]How do you know huckerby is getting a season ticket at norwich?
[/quote]

He said so soon after he left, it was in the paper.  Him and his family, in the Jarrold.