Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Would a defeat at Bristol help City?

In the long run that is?.

A heavy defeat would surely put more pressure on to Smith & Jones before the AGM, and create yet more pressure on a failing Tinkerman Roeder.

I don''t wish it, or indeed crave for it ( if I did I would Hex our lads!) but thinking in the long term good for the club, finally getting rid of the Stowmarket Two and GR might just revive the club.

Agreed?[*-)]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

A heavy defeat would surely put more pressure on to Smith & Jones before the AGM, and create yet more pressure on a failing Tinkerman Roeder.

I don''t wish it, or indeed crave for it ( if I did I would Hex our lads!) but thinking in the long term good for the club, finally getting rid of the Stowmarket Two and GR might just revive the club.

Agreed?[*-)]

[/quote]

They already want to sell. Any "pressure" needs to be applied to Cullum to stop using the club for PR and to put his money where his mouth is, so that we can actually move forward.

haven`t we been down this road before ? no defeat for norwich is a good thing  i can`t understand anyone even suggesting it might be

[quote user="wayne kerr"]haven`t we been down this road before ? no defeat for norwich is a good thing  i can`t understand anyone even suggesting it might be[/quote]Because it helps centre peoples minds wayne, and gives the buggers sitting on the fence a slight prod!.

I''m afraid im with wayne on this if we lose to bristol its not gonna help at all, the players heads will drop even more and plus the fans will get on the players backs alot more and that wont help! I know its saying said every where but let get behind the team! I think norwich will need some more time to get it right. It takes time for perfection!

[quote user="canarytom"]Don''t be a pr1ck Wizard! Surely no true fan would wish defeat on their own team[/quote]Where have I asked or said ''wish for a defeat'' Tom?

The key word here was IF![:|]

[quote user="Delias Well Behaved Devonshire Dirtbox"]

Would you leaving and never coming back help city?

[/quote]No, but you going most certainly would![:D]

Come now children, lets not get nasty! [:D] I can see Wiz''s point, as there has been times in the past where a loss would ultimately serve City better than a win, the end of Worthies career for instance, that could have dragged on even longer! However, in this instance, I cannot see how another defeat would help, our morale must be so low as it is, and regardless of what happens at Boardroom level, we must try and keep our heads above water. Championship survival is a must whoever ends up in control.

Defeat never helps. DS and MWJ want out now anyway and are trying to finalise a reasonable exit. I think they at least deserve that.

Roeder is the best we are going to get at present and we can''t afford to get rid of him even if we wanted to.

So a loss would only damage fragile confidence, put us close to Div1 and heaven formid make old Smudger even more smug and offensive.

Back to the horlicks Wiz and try another spoon to stir it with.[;)]

[quote user="The Butler"]

Defeat never helps. DS and MWJ want out now anyway and are trying to finalise a reasonable exit. I think they at least deserve that.

Roeder is the best we are going to get at present and we can''t afford to get rid of him even if we wanted to.

So a loss would only damage fragile confidence, put us close to Div1 and heaven formid make old Smudger even more smug and offensive.

[/quote]

Thanks Butler. You''ve said what I wanted to say, but I could only manage a string of expletives.

[quote user="Mook"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

Thanks Butler. You''ve said what I wanted to say, but I could only manage a string of expletives.

[/quote]

My pleasure Mook. Banging your head against a brick wall only gives YOU a headache, far better hexit gracefully[6]

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Mook"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

My pleasure Mook. Banging your head against a brick wall only gives YOU a headache, far better hexit gracefully[6]

[/quote]Argh!......you''ve corrupted the H word in a non Hex thread Butler!

We''ll lose for sure now, and guess what?...............it''ll be all your fault![:D]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Mook"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Argh!......you''ve corrupted the H word in a non Hex thread Butler!

We''ll lose for sure now, and guess what?...............it''ll be all your fault![:D]

[/quote]

You sound just like my wife! Everything from global warming to world wars has always been my fault.

I''ll try a sacrifice in the back garden later I''ve had it in for next doors cat for some time.

I rarely agree with you Wiz, but admire you for sticking to your guns in the face of adversity, but these sort of moronic comments will not endear you to anyone. Why anyone would suggest losing might be a good idea is beyond me.

People like you love seeing the club fail so you can say ''I told you so''.

And what is all this hexing b*llsh*t?!! What a load of rubbish!!

Agreed?[*-)]

[/quote]Before we all get in to a slanging match with Wiz. I don''t personally ever want Norwich to fail. Wiz is trying to open up the discussion as to whether it might be for the greater good of the club. However who can honestly say having watched or even read reports of recent games that we will get anything other than beaten by Bristol anyway. Whether it will be a good thing or not Wiz my old china it''s more than likely to happen anyway.

Wouldn''t it be much better if Norwich won and carried on winning, going on a long winning streak that takes us into the play-off places and leaves us at the end of the season losing in the play-off final.I only say losing in the PO final because winning would be a big mistake as we are nowhere near ready for Prem football.Then we could invest in the team ready for next season, replacing some of the loans with permanent players ready for a real Prem push the next season or maybe even the season after.I''m in no illusion about the quality of the team and I know isn''t good enough but that doesn''t mean we shouldn''t do well. Some very poor team have done very well in this league in recent seasons.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="wayne kerr"]haven`t we been down this road before ? no defeat for norwich is a good thing  i can`t understand anyone even suggesting it might be[/quote]Because it helps centre peoples minds wayne, and gives the buggers sitting on the fence a slight prod!.[/quote]

Like to give buggers a quick prod do u 1st Wiz?

[quote user="Salahuddin"]there has been times in the past where a loss would ultimately serve City better than a win, the end of Worthies career for instance, that could have dragged on even longer! [/quote]Really Mr Saluhuddin............are we in any way better placed now than at the end of Worthy''s reign?Don''t think so [:D]

[quote user="BigFish"][quote user="Salahuddin"]there has been times in the past where a loss would ultimately serve City better than a win, the end of Worthies career for instance, that could have dragged on even longer! [/quote]

Really Mr Saluhuddin............are we in any way better placed now than at the end of Worthy''s reign?

Don''t think so [:D]
[/quote]

Sadly no! But we all know that ultimately it was the prudance of the Board that doomed Worthy, despite what anyone says, he was one of our greatest ever managers.

i am sure Rovers would be thrilled - and I always like away wins  - but what concern of mine is it if us beating them helps them in the long term

I have to say - this is getting really silly and disappointing. Firstly - are posters sure that their threads are motivated by anything other than mischief, ego or boredom?

My next question - why so black and white. What''s the point in aggressively polarizing every response? For example - Wiz - I fail to understand why you constantly refer to ''sitting on the fence''? Surely the fact that rational, considered people with no direct personal impact on NCFC policy should want to take an open minded approach is sensible? To swing aggressively from pole to pole based on some internal ego driven barometer bores the rest of us to death! And if the final logical step is to ''suggest'' that anything other than a positive result would do anything other than hinder our progress, then it''s ludicrous in the extreme. I think you probably know that this is true if you just centre your brain for 5 minutes? Which makes the raising of the question fruitless surely?

Calm down for goodness sake, concentrate on what you CAN affect - such as the atmosphere in the ground on match days.

Seems to be an annual event this, two years ago a home defeat to Burnley cost Worthy his job and you could argue at that time that it was good that City lost so that the change could be mde BUT the change was to Peter Grant who was a poor manager, so in that sense it was not worth the defeat. Then the defeat at QPR cost Grant his job and things improved (a bit).

The situation now is very different. Roeder has clearly been a busy bee, clearing things out and starting again with most of the coaching and many of the other staff. Are we headed in the right direction? Well, with many qualifiers I think generally just about yes. the team will take time to settle and no one wants so many loanees but we are where we are. I can only see yet another change of manager being a Bad Thing.

As to the Delia issue I have said time and time again that I don''t want any majority owner regardless of identity so if a new owener simply sits on the same equity in the same chairs then its pretty pointless. My position is a change in CEO instead which I think would have potentially more impact (other than one of the very few people in the world with endless capital and immunity from the financial squeeze, that is)

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]

As to the Delia issue I have said time and time again that I don''t want any majority owner regardless of identity so if a new owener simply sits on the same equity in the same chairs then its pretty pointless. My position is a change in CEO instead which I think would have potentially more impact (other than one of the very few people in the world with endless capital and immunity from the financial squeeze, that is)

[/quote]Strangely Tumbleweed, I could handle a dictatorship............as long as its a bloody rich one![Y]

Defeat would never help!

it could see us drop into the bottom 3 which effects the players and fans morale and just makes the job even more difficult!

Lose to Brizzol and Wolves and the Donny becomes a 66 pointer! never mind a 6 pointer!

I''d take a point in each of our next 2 matches and 3 over the Donny

jas :)

a defeat is never good in any situation, i do see where your coming from but we need as many points as we can get right now!

even if we win our next 2 games the pressure will still be on the board so its a must win really!

x

Agreed?[*-)]

[/quote]

Rudimentary physics really, Bristol City away is a game we have already lost. And I think we all know it.

At one point it looked like the Premiership was leaving us far behind with all their rich investors. Now with Dubai sniffing around Charlton will we see the Championship leaving us behind as well!