Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

The Chief Executive lets the cat out of the bag.

I have been told that at last night''s Shareholders Association AGM Neil Doncaster caused the assembled audience to shuffle their bums uneasily on their seats and drew a few coughs and sputters when whilst talking he referred to the Turners "walking out".He immediately backtracked and put a different slant on what he had said.

"walked out".Now i will make no comment but leave it to you to decide did he make a mistake or was he telling the truth?

Evenin'' all.  The use of all italics in some sections of the Internet indicates that you are neither a subbie or a Dom but are willing to change as befits the circumstances.

Just a word of warning, son.  Off you go.

[8-|]

The Turners probably felt that the path that the board are taking the club would lead to disaster without serious money being pumped in, maybe the rejection of Cullum caused them to walk out to try and force the issue and give Delia no option but to reopen negotiations with Cullum.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

I have been told that at last night''s Shareholders Association AGM Neil Doncaster caused the assembled audience to shuffle their bums uneasily on their seats and drew a few coughs and sputters when whilst talking he referred to the Turners "walking out".He immediately backtracked and put a different slant on what he had said.

"walked out".Now i will make no comment but leave it to you to decide did he make a mistake or was he telling the truth?

[/quote]

So what - they did walk out - the question is why. There may be some amazing conspiracy but the main headlines in the news for the last few months just may have something to do with it.

[quote user="T"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

So what - they did walk out - the question is why. There may be some amazing conspiracy but the main headlines in the news for the last few months just may have something to do with it.

[/quote]

Took the words right out of my mouth T, I was under the impression they did walk out so dont see what Doncaster ''accidentally'' said lets any more light onto the subject.

There is nothing new here I should imagine anyone with even the slightest interest in our club is already fully aware that the Turners walked out of the club. 

If this had come from Smudger or the wizard it would not have come as a surprise, however I would have expected something better from you Til 1010

Sorry but this smacks of sh1t stirring.............NO NEED

[quote user="Zachariah Lovespoon"]

There is nothing new here I should imagine anyone with even the slightest interest in our club is already fully aware that the Turners walked out of the club. 

If this had come from Smudger or the wizard it would not have come as a surprise, however I would have expected something better from you Til 1010

[/quote]

Well, dear folk like your good self, can take a good dollop of sh1t on your trowel - and smooth over those Carra cracks....

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Zachariah Lovespoon"]

[/quote]

Well, dear folk like your good self, can take a good dollop of sh1t on your trowel - and smooth over those Carra cracks....

[/quote]

My point is not that cracks need to be smoothed over or ignored but rather that the problems at the club are well known and that perhaps we as fans should be looking for sensible solutions to repair the damage so we can move all forward rather than just posting the same old information dressed up as some sort of revelation in order to start yet another pointless argument which ultimately gets us nowhere.

I think that reporting of this gaff - which carries slightly more weight than gossip and rumour - can hardly be called poop stirring. Rather it adds additional weight behind the rumour of boardroom disagreement.

[quote user="astrodyne"]I think that reporting of this gaff - which carries slightly more weight than gossip and rumour - can hardly be called poop stirring. Rather it adds additional weight behind the rumour of boardroom disagreement.
[/quote]Exactly!.

I know I have posted this before, but here it is again -

Of course, the credit crunch has already hit Norwich City FC in a big way, as our playing budget for this season has been reduced due to the resignation of Andy and Sharon Turner from the Board. We read that they were worth at least a couple of hundred million, but in the current economic conditions, has anyone considered that maybe they just couldn''t afford to loan the money this season and that their fiduciary duty to Central Trust was a little more important than their hobby, Norwich City FC, hence their resignations?

[quote user="Zachariah Lovespoon"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Zachariah Lovespoon"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

My point is not that cracks need to be smoothed over or ignored but rather that the problems at the club are well known and that perhaps we as fans should be looking for sensible solutions to repair the damage so we can move all forward rather than just posting the same old information dressed up as some sort of revelation in order to start yet another pointless argument which ultimately gets us nowhere.[/quote]

And pray please enlighten me, on what we as fans can actually do to repair this damage - that will allow us to move forward.....Turn up in numbers at games regardless of performance, position - or whatever? (Oh, we actually are!)

Just accept that we''re being run by a group of individuals that have focused and concentrated on every aspect of the club (bar the footballing side of it) for over the last 3 years (at least)?....And, just shuffle our feet and continue to allow them to do it without question or accountability?

In reality, we have no control over our destiny as a football club, because as long as we turn up in numbers, they''ll still be at the helm....Therefore, they''ll feel they have the continuing right to do whatever they feel ( what is supposedly the best for the club) without question and accountability.

Any ideas from yourself?.....Or, are you just happy with us getting nowhere?

C''mon, give us your solution?.....Or why we should just continue with the current board set-up?....That''s if you think we should?

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="astrodyne"]I think that reporting of this gaff - which carries slightly more weight than gossip and rumour - can hardly be called poop stirring. Rather it adds additional weight behind the rumour of boardroom disagreement.
[/quote]Exactly!.[/quote]

How exactly - they have left the club that is public knowledge - it does absolutely nothing to suggest the reasons - even if there was a disagreement the underlying reason is far more likely to be the global credit crunch which is making everyone in the financial market sensitive about money and their decisions as TA pointed out. There is a world out there beyond the EDP and local regional news.

Given that the official club position is that the Turners decided to leave without stating their reasons for doing so this input from our ex jolly policeman ( notice I put the ex before jolly ) is hardly a club u-turn, is it? Let''s see, what are the possibilities:

• The Turners ran out the door
  • They crept out in the middle of the night
  • They disappeared without a trace
  • They hired a full parade band to accompany their joyous departure
  • ....or, they walked out.

Now, some of those possibilities might have caused a few more threads to be filled with over-excited imagination, but "they walked out" is hardly a) inconsistent with what occurred or b) a basis for anyone to utter a jaw-dropping exclamation.

I bet the CE did a little jig and a couple of cartwheels when the Turner Two departed...."Yahoo an'' a Yippee! - nobody''s gonna be criticising an'' a watchin'' li''l ole me![<:o)].....(possibly).

[quote user="Nostradamus"]Is there no one on this Forum who actually attended this meeting, who could give us a first hand report?[/quote]

Without spin, and a true reflection?.....Not really.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Zachariah Lovespoon"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Zachariah Lovespoon"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

My point is not that cracks need to be smoothed over or ignored but rather that the problems at the club are well known and that perhaps we as fans should be looking for sensible solutions to repair the damage so we can move all forward rather than just posting the same old information dressed up as some sort of revelation in order to start yet another pointless argument which ultimately gets us nowhere.[/quote]

And pray please enlighten me, on what we as fans can actually do to repair this damage - that will allow us to move forward.....Turn up in numbers at games regardless of performance, position - or whatever? (Oh, we actually are!)

Just accept that we''re being run by a group of individuals that have focused and concentrated on every aspect of the club (bar the footballing side of it) for over the last 3 years (at least)?....And, just shuffle our feet and continue to allow them to do it without question or accountability?

In reality, we have no control over our destiny as a football club, because as long as we turn up in numbers, they''ll still be at the helm....Therefore, they''ll feel they have the continuing right to do whatever they feel ( what is supposedly the best for the club) without question and accountability.

C''mon, give us your solution?.....Or why we should just continue with the current board set-up?....That''s if you think we should?

[/quote]

I didn''t say I had the solutions to our problems just that maybe we would be better spending the time we use on the forum to perhaps discus what (if anything) could be done by supporters and in general to move forward rather than just going over and over the same old ground metaphorically shouting abuse at each other. 

I am sure that we all know what the problems are I''m not sure how a boycott (as you seem to be suggesting) or a demonstration as others have suggested are going to help the team perform any better or speed up the exit of the board if they are as they say looking to sell up anyway (although I appreciate this may fall into the heard it all before category). 

Like I said I don''t pretend to have all the answers, however I would certainly advocate shareholders turning up in numbers to the AGM to put the board under scrutiny face to face in a way that I don’t believe standing outside the ground shouting bile could achieve as a starting point.

Of course having a sensible debate may not achieve anything but as we do not seem to have tried it yet I don''t see how it could be any less effective than what’s been going on for the past few months

[quote user="astrodyne"]I think that reporting of this gaff - which carries slightly more weight than gossip and rumour - can hardly be called poop stirring. Rather it adds additional weight behind the rumour of boardroom disagreement.
[/quote]

It has never been gossip or rumour that the Turners have left the club it is a very well publicised fact.  Why they left has never been fully explained and this amazing revelation does not include one word of explanation for it either

[quote user="Zachariah Lovespoon"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Zachariah Lovespoon"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Zachariah Lovespoon"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I didn''t say I had the solutions to our problems just that maybe we would be better spending the time we use on the forum to perhaps discus what (if anything) could be done by supporters and in general to move forward rather than just going over and over the same old ground metaphorically shouting abuse at each other. 

I am sure that we all know what the problems are I''m not sure how a boycott (as you seem to be suggesting) or a demonstration as others have suggested are going to help the team perform any better or speed up the exit of the board if they are as they say looking to sell up anyway (although I appreciate this may fall into the heard it all before category). 

Like I said I don''t pretend to have all the answers, however I would certainly advocate shareholders turning up in numbers to the AGM to put the board under scrutiny face to face in a way that I don’t believe standing outside the ground shouting bile could achieve as a starting point.

Of course having a sensible debate may not achieve anything but as we do not seem to have tried it yet I don''t see how it could be any less effective than what’s been going on for the past few months

[/quote]

I suggested in an earlier thread, that those who wish to question the mantra and role of the board at the AGM - should cluster in a collective group as opposed to being scattered and isolated around the room holding the AGM, (more difficult for the pro-boardist battalion to browbeat the objectors).....Personally, and regardless what others may assume, I do feel that the AGMs are controlled by the club and its media - and any discontented or negative voices, are quickly stifled by clever manipulation and the use of distraction away from the most unwelcome complaining individuals.

Too many times the board have been given an easy ride.....The disgruntled majority of the shareholding sceptics, really need to get their act together and give a good showing of themselves with sensible and constructive criticism of the board, and make their voice heard over the partisan front 3 row brigade. 

The club board really don''t accept criticism.....They just brush it aside, go schtum, and ride out the storm till the heat dies down - and a ''hoorah'' positive comes along.....

See what occurs during and after the impending AGM.....Nothing much, I''d bet....."Ho Hum.".....Normal for Norfolk. 

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

Evenin'' all.  The use of all italics in some sections of the Internet indicates that you are neither a subbie or a Dom but are willing to change as befits the circumstances.

[8-|]

[/quote]''Subbie''?  ''Dom''? What in the good lords name are you on about?

[quote user="Nostradamus"]

"I have been told..."

Says it all really.

[/quote]

Yes i was told face to face by somebody who was actually there at the meeting when it was said.

Now what are you suggesting,that the person who told me was making it up or that i misunderstood was i was told.

While i am at it "walked out" in my book carries a totally different meaning to "resigned" so if the Chief Executive was happy with what he said why correct himself?

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[8-|]

[/quote]

''Subbie''?  ''Dom''? What in the good lords name are you on about?
[/quote]

No good asking me Andy JR as i am just a thick old ex plod.

It looks like i have committed an offence according to Pc Camuldonum of the Internet Police.

Give it a few minutes and i am sure his usual wit,sarcasm and objectionable remarks towards me will appear on this thread.

Yawn,yawn,yawn.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Zachariah Lovespoon"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Zachariah Lovespoon"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Zachariah Lovespoon"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I suggested in an earlier thread, that those who wish to question the mantra and role of the board at the AGM - should cluster in a collective group as opposed to being scattered and isolated around the room holding the AGM, (more difficult for the pro-boardist battalion to browbeat the objectors).....Personally, and regardless what others may assume, I do feel that the AGMs are controlled by the club and its media - and any discontented or negative voices, are quickly stifled by clever manipulation and the use of distraction away from the most unwelcome complaining individuals.

Too many times the board have been given an easy ride.....The disgruntled majority of the shareholding sceptics, really need to get their act together and give a good showing of themselves with sensible and constructive criticism of the board, and make their voice heard over the partisan front 3 row brigade. 

The club board really don''t accept criticism.....They just brush it aside, go schtum, and ride out the storm till the heat dies down - and a ''hoorah'' positive comes along.....

See what occurs during and after the impending AGM.....Nothing much, I''d bet....."Ho Hum.".....Normal for Norfolk. 

[/quote]

There we go, not to hard is it. I totally agree that shareholders that wish to hold the board to account should get together to put forward their concerns/questions collectively in a sustained yet controlled and intelligent manner.  

Individuals just shouting the odds are easily singled out as extremely unintelligent loons (just as on this board) to be ignored, as any points they have to make however relevant will be lost in the resulting kerfuffle.

>I suggested in an earlier thread, that those who wish to question the mantra and role of the board at the AGM - should cluster in a collective group as opposed to being scattered and isolated around the room holding the AGM, (more difficult for the pro-boardist battalion to browbeat the objectors)....

Suggest a spot then - and spread the word

At the back and to the left as you walk in?

[quote user="Zachariah Lovespoon"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Zachariah Lovespoon"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Zachariah Lovespoon"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Zachariah Lovespoon"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

There we go, not to hard is it. I totally agree that shareholders that wish to hold the board to account should get together to put forward their concerns/questions collectively in a sustained yet controlled and intelligent manner.  

Individuals just shouting the odds are easily singled out as extremely unintelligent loons (just as on this board) to be ignored, as any points they have to make however relevant will be lost in the resulting kerfuffle.

[/quote]

Don''t patronise me you fuggin pretentious prat.....Stick to being an extremely dull splashfart - struttin around the Pink''un squawking like a senile peacock.....There you go, that''ll keep your beak gaping.

[quote user="jetstream"]>I suggested in an earlier thread, that those who wish to question the mantra and role of the board at the AGM - should cluster in a collective group as opposed to being scattered and isolated around the room holding the AGM, (more difficult for the pro-boardist battalion to browbeat the objectors).... Suggest a spot then - and spread the word At the back and to the left as you walk in?[/quote]

No, not at the back, subdued impact. Maybe you can get your missus to reserve the three front rows? She is a shareholder, isn''t she?.....

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Zachariah Lovespoon"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Zachariah Lovespoon"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Zachariah Lovespoon"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Zachariah Lovespoon"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Don''t patronise me you fuggin pretentious prat.....Stick to being an extremely dull splashfart - struttin around the Pink''un squawking like a senile peacock.....There you go, that''ll keep your beak gaping.

[/quote]

My apologies for the misjudgement, it obviously is too hard to be sensible.

[quote user="Zachariah Lovespoon"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Zachariah Lovespoon"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Zachariah Lovespoon"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Zachariah Lovespoon"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Zachariah Lovespoon"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

My apologies for the misjudgement, it obviously is too hard to be sensible.

[/quote]

It''s not reality either, it''s only a bleedin'' football forum....Now shut yer beak....I''m havin'' fun! [<:o)][:D]