Sign in to follow this  
No Quarter

I don't really care any more........

I have supported NCFC for 29 years (I''m 33 by the way), I''ve seen us win Milk Cup, dominate the majority of the old first division and then Premier League, beat Vitesse Arnhem, Bayern Munich and narrowly lose to Inter Milan.  I stood in the old Barclay with my mates, witnessing us beat Liverpool, Man U etc.  I got spat on and subsequently beaten up at Wolves away in the play offs.  But, hey, we won.  I was at Watford away with champagne when we got promoted.  After all these major events in NCFC''s history (not to mention my own) I can honestly now say that my20 year old love affair with MY club is coming to a close.  I just cannot bear to watch the drivel now being served up (no pun intended) at Carrow Road.  The current board, players and even manager, are dragging the beloved name of MY team through the mud.  We were once respected, now we are a joke. I''ve said it before, now I''ll say it again (as grossly sickly and over the top as it might sound) THIS IS MY CLUB, MY DADS CLUB, MY GRANDADS CLUB, and it''s now ruined by bad management, bad financial outlays and general poor running. GIVE ME MY CLUB BACK. PLEASE. I''m sure this sentiment is shared by many others.

I feel the same, I haven''t got it in me anymore, I''m tired, I have no hope and there''s no investment coming in, it will be a long winter that''s for sure, and the sad reality for me is I really can''t see where a win is coming from.

As for the bit about it being OUR club, according to some shareholders on here  it belongs to them not us everyday supporters.  If they feel that way about us it''s not worth bothering, let them get on with it.

I''m feeling the same mate, and at aroundabout the same age as you i share the memories too. I travel from Oxfordshire home and away and i have to admit i walked out of Ashton Gate this afternoon and i''ve had enough. I can''t take anymore of this, the last three seasons have been like groundhog day, game over by October save for the relegation battle and i really don''t know if i have the stomach for it anymore. Somethings seriously wrong with this club and it seems no ones got any answers.

Agreed-have supported club for 35 yrs,seen many highs and quite a few lows! Up until a few years ago if  NCFC lost it would ruin my weekend and effect the way i was to people.We have a few posters on here who think performances are acceptable,i can only assume they are in the 16-20yr old range and know no different.With money tight i actually wonder if its worth it any more.

Its absolutely tragic but I feel the same way, I can hardly be bothered anymore. I have never felt this low about City before.

I have been a fan for 36 years and I don''t feel like I can take much more of this rubbish, in that 36 years I have only missed 2 home games both of which were down to illness but I really am struggling to summon up any enthusiasm to go to the Wolves game on Tuesday. The way I am feeling there is a possibility that I may not bother to go on Tuesday, if I didn''t have a season ticket I there is no way I''d be paying twenty odd quid to watch us at this moment in time.

Without new investment coming into the club we had better start preparing for league 1 next season cos with our lack of creativity and our inability to take the chances we do create there is no way we''ll score enough goals to stay in this league.

No Quarter.

Absolutely spot on !  what else can i say (apart from I have 10 yrs even more experience than you).

Great thread mate.

Ditto!

I watch Sky Soccer Special every Sat/Tues just waiting for us to go behind and when

we do there''s no shock and very little disappointment.

Even my mates are concerned ''cos I don''t bother to react when they rip the p##s

out of me ''cos we''re so crap!

I feel the love is dying!

I am only surprised that it has taken so many of you so long to reach your breaking points and that you seem prepared to give in with a whimper rather than a fight.

As for thos who are still saying that we should keep the faith or that there are no alternatives... well they just absolutely amaze me!!!

I was going to post the same thing but I thought I would get torn apart! I just don''t care any more, with all these loan players and new generation fans who only started supporting the club we were doing well, it''s just not the NCFC I new and loved.

[quote user="No Quarter"]

I have supported NCFC for 29 years (I''m 33 by the way), I''ve seen us win Milk Cup, dominate the majority of the old first division and then Premier League, beat Vitesse Arnhem, Bayern Munich and narrowly lose to Inter Milan.  I stood in the old Barclay with my mates, witnessing us beat Liverpool, Man U etc.  I got spat on and subsequently beaten up at Wolves away in the play offs.  But, hey, we won.  I was at Watford away with champagne when we got promoted.  After all these major events in NCFC''s history (not to mention my own) I can honestly now say that my20 year old love affair with MY club is coming to a close.  I just cannot bear to watch the drivel now being served up (no pun intended) at Carrow Road.  The current board, players and even manager, are dragging the beloved name of MY team through the mud.  We were once respected, now we are a joke. I''ve said it before, now I''ll say it again (as grossly sickly and over the top as it might sound) THIS IS MY CLUB, MY DADS CLUB, MY GRANDADS CLUB, and it''s now ruined by bad management, bad financial outlays and general poor running. GIVE ME MY CLUB BACK. PLEASE. I''m sure this sentiment is shared by many others.

[/quote]

NQ, you''ve expressed my feelings in this post. I''m thirty and I''ve been a life long fan, but I''m having these feelings too. I was at Munich, Vitesse and I saw us give Milan a ride...

Thanks to my grandparents I became a shareholder, but I''m thinking of putting them up for sale now... The clubs run by cretins so I don''t wanna be part of that anymore.

OTBC

Glad I''m not alone, yesterday was the first away game I didn''t listen to the commentary and felt unsurprised and unmoved when I heard the score. Tuesday will be the first home game I''ve missed this season, a 360 mile round trip and a 6:30 start at work the next day is something I''d normally do but just can''t be bothered. The only pros I have in my ''should I renew my season ticket'' debate is seeing family friends and oh I''ve got a decent seat...as for the rest there is just so little hope of anything better. A team of loan players and a manager who can not pick the best team are leaving me completely disenfranchised.

Well I still do care! thats why I take the flack and crap daily on here, we must get Roeder out of our club first, at least I suppose, Delia cares in her own little way about City..........he doesn''t, he must go first![:@]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Well I still do care! thats why I take the flack and crap daily on here, we must get Roeder out of our club first, at least I suppose, Delia cares in her own little way about City..........he doesn''t, he must go first![:@][/quote]

I still care and Roeder should go... but getting rid of him aqt this moment in time will not achieve anything Wiz.

It is Delia and Co who are killing this club and it is them who our fans should drive out!!!

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Well I still do care! thats why I take the flack and crap daily on here, we must get Roeder out of our club first, at least I suppose, Delia cares in her own little way about City..........he doesn''t, he must go first![:@][/quote]

Stop living in dreamland Wizard. He hasn''t got a penny to spend, did a good job last season. But there''s no improvement because there''s no F***ing money.

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]

Stop living in dreamland Wizard. He hasn''t got a penny to spend, did a good job last season. But there''s no improvement because there''s no F***ing money.

[/quote]A good job? three points from relegation?

If I''m in dreamland Rob.........you''re in flaming denial!

But what will happen then Wiz when the new manager brings about the standard brief upturn in performances during their ''honeymoon'' period?  People will suddenly see a brighter future and the flak against Delia will subside, but then we will end up being back in this very position again next season. 

For me the best thing that can happen is Roeder staying and the pressure intensifying on the board, not the other way around.

And for the shareholders who are agreeing about the disillusionment, dont think about selling up and deserting our club, attend the AGM, make your feelings known, if enough of you do the same you wont be drowned out by the front 3 rows and the board will begin to realise how the passion for change is growing!

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="ROBFLECK"]

[/quote]A good job? three points from relegation?

If I''m in dreamland Rob.........you''re in flaming denial!

[/quote]

Not denying it, Wiz... I wasn''t happy last season either but with Grant there we would''ve gone down. With this board even Ferguson or Martin O''Neill couldn''t do a good job.

To bring this thread back on topic - I am also feeling the same as No Quarter.  I was thinking of that night we beat Ipswich in the Milk Cup semi final and how my club could bring such highs into my life and at other times (Derby away in FA Cup) such lows.  However I am not even disappointed about yesterday''s result. I don''t care anymore!!  Give us back our club.

Roeder can''t go (unless he walks) because we can''t afford to pay him off. We need the current board out & new investors in ASAP, then we can replace Roeder... Roeder does irritate me though. We''ve seen glimpses of how good (our new hero) Hoolahan could be but he obviously has had a fall out with him & will no longer play him & its not as if Hucks can be brought back in to replace him. His decisions when making substitutes amazes me sometimes & he clearly had his fingers crossed when he said he doesn''t have favourites.

For a while now I''ve not been so gutted/angry when we lose & I need something to reignite my passion for NCFC. If Muscatt was still at Wolves I''d probably have the adrenalin rush I used to get on Tuesday night but he isn''t there & the only feeling I do have is one of inevitability... Another thrashing IS coming our way Tuesday night by a quality outfit & to make it even worse I cannot stand Wolves!!!!

[quote user="No Quarter"]

[/quote]I think that you have summed up the average fans emotions very well mate. I agree with all you have said, also with the post about watching sky tv on Sat and waiting until we go behind....its not a surprise and its not even dissapointing anymore its just what we do now. It is sad that I too am losing the passion that I had for NCFC for many years now, but even worse I really cannot see anything changing soon. [;(]I echo your thoughts..."Give us our club back"

[quote user="SWP"]

[quote user="Smudger"]Spot on SWP... [Y][/quote]

OMG me and Smudger are in agreement, oooh I feel dirty!

[/quote]

LOL - I had exactly the same thought!  Oh that it could have come to this [:(]

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"][quote user="SWP"]

[quote user="Smudger"]Spot on SWP... [Y][/quote]

OMG me and Smudger are in agreement, oooh I feel dirty!

[/quote]

LOL - I had exactly the same thought!  Oh that it could have come to this [:(]

[/quote]

You will all come to love me soon enough... lol

Until the next time there are signs of trouble at the club and everything I say will be nonsense (until proven otherwise of course). [:D]

Exactly my feelings too...though i know i do care...but shut the feelings away as it''s disappointment week in week out.

I''m trying to see if i can manage to take a day off in November to go to the AGM and tell those in charge just how much they are killing my love for the club and the game in general! It''s a 400 mile round trip for me but i think this is the last thing i can do to make them all wake up to the reality of what they are doing!