Sign in to follow this  
BRAVEHEART

My Expecations for Norwich City

For me this season I think Norwich will finish mid-table. Basically Norwich just need to improve on the last two very disappointing seasons. The fans deserve so much better. If we look at the statistics then Norwich''s best finish was 1st, our worst last season - 17th, average - 8th place. A good season would be 8th for Norwich City and that is what I expect. I am a patient man and have been a season ticket holder with Norwich for 5 years, and supported Norwich for about 11 years and long may that continue. We have had some highs and lows but I will be loyal to Norwich as long as they stay in the Championship. However if Norwich City were to get relegated to League one that would be the final straw for me.

2007 - 2008 – 17th

2006 - 2007 – 16th

2005 - 2006 – 9th

2003 – 2004 – 1st

2002 – 2003 – 8th

2001 – 2002 – 6th

2000 – 2001 - 15th

1999 – 2000 – 12th

1998 – 1999 – 9th

1997 – 1998 – 15th

Best finish – 1st

Worst finish – 17th

Average

finish – 8th

"We have had some highs and lows but I will be loyal

to Norwich as long as they stay in the Championship. However if Norwich

City were to get relegated to League one that would be the final straw

for me"Your the type of fan that we don''t want at Carrow Road! I''d still support and follow Norwich home and away if we were in the Ryman, but then I guess I just love my club and I''m loyal

[quote user="ellis206"]"We have had some highs and lows but I will be loyal

for me"Your the type of fan that we don''t want at Carrow Road! I''d still support and follow Norwich home and away if we were in the Ryman, but then I guess I just love my club and I''m loyal
[/quote]Steady on son the guys entitled to his own opinion. Whether he wants to got to Carrow Rd or not isn''t up to you, me or anybody else for that matter. This I''m a better fan than you crap is getting a little to much to stomach.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="ellis206"]"We have had some highs and lows but I will be loyal to Norwich as long as they stay in the Championship. However if Norwich City were to get relegated to League one that would be the final straw for me"

Your the type of fan that we don''t want at Carrow Road! I''d still support and follow Norwich home and away if we were in the Ryman, but then I guess I just love my club and I''m loyal
[/quote]
Steady on son the guys entitled to his own opinion. Whether he wants to got to Carrow Rd or not isn''t up to you, me or anybody else for that matter.

This I''m a better fan than you crap is getting a little to much to stomach.
[/quote]

Totally agree [Y]

How can anyone be happy with mid-table championship football, playing away at crewe, scunthorpe, or colchester!

I can live with been mid-table premireship, playing away at old trafford, emirates and stamford bridge.

Guess your the same crew that was happy with a point at Oakwell??

The amount of games you get to doesnt make you ''more of a fan'' than anyone! People have work/travel/financial/family commiments that mean they cant get there!

[quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="ellis206"]"We have had some highs and lows but I will be loyal

[/quote]Steady on son the guys entitled to his own opinion. Whether he wants to got to Carrow Rd or not isn''t up to you, me or anybody else for that matter. This I''m a better fan than you crap is getting a little to much to stomach. [/quote]No I''m just saying he isn''t the type of fan that any football club wants, if you saw St Mary''s last night the stadium was totally empty, because they were all fans like him! The second the club got relegated their attendances dropped big time and none of their "fans" wanted to know anymore. To the credit of the Norwich fans, our attendances haven''t dropped significantly but for people to come on here and say they''ll be loyal to Norwich as long as they are in the championship is totally wrong, how can you not see that? I''m making a point that I don''t care what league Norwich are in, what our financial status is, I love the club and everything about it and I will support it for the rest of my life and go to every home and away game I can, I''m not going to just support the club whilst its in a higher league. As a Norwich fan yourself you must surely want every fan in Carrow Road on saturday to bleed yellow and green to support the team as loud as possible, not idiots who are only there because we''re in a higher league!

[quote user="CDMullins"]

How can anyone be happy with mid-table championship football, playing away at crewe, scunthorpe, or colchester!

I can live with been mid-table premireship, playing away at old trafford, emirates and stamford bridge.

Guess your the same crew that was happy with a point at Oakwell??

The amount of games you get to doesnt make you ''more of a fan'' than anyone! People have work/travel/financial/family commiments that mean they cant get there!

[/quote]And you''ve totally missed the point, by the way Crewe, Scunthorpe and Colchester are in league 1, not the Championship, and why can you live with being mid-table Premiership, playing away at Old Trafford the Emirates and Stamford Bridge? you''d go to these games to watch Norwich surely? or you another one of those fans who go to watch the opposition? it doesn''t matter what league or what team we''re playing, you should still support our club the same as you would if their in the top flight.

Well let me clear this up. I have made a huge mistake in

what I wrote. Hey I know I said that would be the final straw for me. But that

would mean me giving up being a season ticket holder if Norwich got relegated

to league one that is what I meant to say.

THAT DOES NOT MEAN I WOULD GIVE UP BEING A FAN OF NORWICH

CITY. It just means that I would go back to being an armchair supporter and

listen to Norwich on Radio Norfolk with Neil Adams and Chris Goreham. Just

because you and I go to the games doesn’t mean you are any better than the

armchair supporters that listen to Norwich on Radio Norfolk. Because I am in

this for the long road and YES I AM CITY TILL I DIE thank you very much. Tell

me why I should pay hundreds of pounds to go and watch crap league one

football? I am sorry but that is just unacceptable and could use my money in

other areas of my life. I am pretty poor and don’t have a lot of money at all.

But I still try and pay for my season ticket every season. And yes you are

right I do want the Norwich City fans to cheer as loud as possible to get

behind the team. You have no right to insult other Norwich City supporters

either

Fair enough if people cannot afford to purchase season tickets and away tickets etc, but I don''t understand how people can afford season tickets whilst we are in the Premiership, they can afford them whilst we are in the Championship, but are unwilling to purchase them if we were ever in league 1 even though the prices would drop, yes the football may be crap, but you''d still go to support Norwich City. I have the utmost respect for you and all the other fans who don''t earn a lot of money but try their hardest to make funds available for season tickets and away tickets etc, I don''t earn a lot of money myself but I do spend a lot on Norwich City, and I always will do. I didn''t mean to insult you but that comment really got my back up but hopefully you''ll understand why. I just don''t want the same thing to happen to Norwich that has happened to Southampton, Leeds, Ipswich,  Sheff Wednesday etc where the fans turn up in their droves for the good times, but are not prepared to make an effort or get involved in the bad times, it also works the other way, like Stoke for example, they''ve had low crowds for as long as I can remember, now they are selling out week in week out and their players are saying how good their support is.... Bo***ks their support is terrible, the second they get relegated they will be back to low attendances again, this is one of the main reasons I''m so proud to support Norwich City because our fan base is loyal and clubs around the country recognise our fan base as well. Sorry if I offended you mate but I just had a moment of anger.