Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

JC cost near to 1million...

and is absolutely woeful!! Some of the strikers on my team would score more than JC (thats only cos i set them up of course)[;)]. Nothing against JC i like him its just that he cost a million and is NOT worth it..

[quote user="C T has left the building "]and is absolutely woeful!! Some of the strikers on my team would score more than JC (thats only cos i set them up of course)[;)]. Nothing against JC i like him its just that he cost a million and is NOT worth it..[/quote]

cureton? he never cost us 1 million did he?!

jas :)

[quote user="Camuldonum"]You lot courted him and turned his pretty little head and had your way[+o(][/quote]

And now we want to discard him like a used condom......

[quote user="C T has left the building "]and is absolutely woeful!! Some of the strikers on my team would score more than JC (thats only cos i set them up of course)[;)]. Nothing against JC i like him its just that he cost a million and is NOT worth it..[/quote]

Bog off CT, Jamie''s harly played at all this season........surely even you can''t have a go at him for that!

[quote user="paul ncfc"]Would you welcome him back on loan,Cam?
[/quote]

Mixed reception among the fans I would think but in our present state of flux one cannot predict anything.  Our biggest losses, my view, were Iwelumo, Garcia and Brown - unfortunately we''ve no chance of seeing any of them again.  I think Iwelumo could cut it in the Premier and, who knows, he may (or may not) get a chance to show if he can.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Bog off CT, Jamie''s harly played at all this season........surely even you can''t have a go at him for that!

[/quote]

There''s a reason for that, Wiz.  He ain''t good enough.

Cureton was bought as a replacement (ha ha) for Earnshaw.  Who better, thought Grant, than last season''s top scorer in the Championship.  Trouble is, that season was a one-off.  His record shows as much.

His heart is in the right place but sadly that is not enough, he was a last minute purchase meant to ease the loss of Earnshaw, even back then many of us saw this for what it was.

[/quote]Hate to say this wiz but Jamie is now SIXTH choice striker behind Sibierski, Karoma, Lupoli, Rusty and now Lita. What chances of him getting to his two-hundred now?

[/quote]as someone has said there is a reason why he hasnt!

[quote user="Carrow Roeder"]but he did have opportunities and games last season, and was shocking![/quote]

Shocking?? Our top scorer.................. have you ever been to a game ?? Or do you call yourself Roeder because you have as little idea as him ?

To be honest at the time we bought him he had just scored tons of goals in the championship and looked like he would be a decent signing at the time!

Sadly Cureton is a confidence player and being constantly left on the bench and lambasted in the past for trying to get his hat-trick, would appear to have left him with precious little.  Would''nt be surprised to see him leave in January and go onto score a shed load of goals for a different Championship club.  Footy can be cruel.

he was a panic buy when Earnshaw left and was never likely to repeat his purple season with Colchester. Now we are lumbered with a costly has-been until the end of NEXT season unless we can con someone to take him off our hands. One of the biggest wastes of money that even our club has managed in living memory.

[quote user="Philipo87"]To be honest at the time we bought him he had just scored tons of goals in the championship and looked like he would be a decent signing at the time![/quote]

To me, he has always seemed slightly lost without his feeder, Iwelumo.  For all I know it was a one season wonder but, for a while, he put away some great goals for us but I also know (and have the Vids to prove it) who created most of them for him.  It was Iwelumo who took the knocks and battered his way past defenders to get that cross in and give Jamie has chance.

Clearly the finisher wins but if the provider was counted The Golden Boot would have been shared.

No offence to Wiz but Iwelumo one of our very best players in recent years and glad to see him doing reasonably well this year.  Nice lad but that''s by the by.

[quote user="Salahuddin"]His heart is in the right place but sadly that is not enough, he was a last minute purchase meant to ease the loss of Earnshaw, even back then many of us saw this for what it was.[/quote]Rubbish, why do some of you lot always ignore the facts? Jamie Cureton was NOT brought in to replace Earnshaw, the club said that countless times, they were trying to bring him in whilst we still had Earnshaw at the club, stop bending history for it to suit your stupid little arguments against our board.

[quote user="crafty canary"]he was a panic buy when Earnshaw left and was never likely to repeat his purple season with Colchester. Now we are lumbered with a costly has-been until the end of NEXT season unless we can con someone to take him off our hands. One of the biggest wastes of money that even our club has managed in living memory.[/quote]Yet he was still our top scorer last season and scored more than Hucks, Dublin and Evans so again I don''t understand your argument.

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="Salahuddin"]His heart is in the right place but sadly that is not enough, he was a last minute purchase meant to ease the loss of Earnshaw, even back then many of us saw this for what it was.[/quote]Rubbish, why do some of you lot always ignore the facts? Jamie Cureton was NOT brought in to replace Earnshaw, the club said that countless times, they were trying to bring him in whilst we still had Earnshaw at the club, stop bending history for it to suit your stupid little arguments against our board. [/quote]Well its a good job your little make-believe scenartio didn''t happen Ellis or we would have been well and truly skint now wouldn''t we[:^)]

[quote user="ellis206"]Jamie Cureton was NOT brought in to replace Earnshaw[/quote]And if you believe that you''ll believe anything. I''m sorry but Cureton and Earnshaw in no way could play together so why have them both here (not going into the fact thar Earnshaw is superior anyway)? And the fact we signed Cureton very soon after Earnshaw left suggests to me he was a panic-buy to replace him.

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="crafty canary"]he was a panic buy when Earnshaw left and was never likely to repeat his purple season with Colchester. Now we are lumbered with a costly has-been until the end of NEXT season unless we can con someone to take him off our hands. One of the biggest wastes of money that even our club has managed in living memory.[/quote]

Yet he was still our top scorer last season and scored more than Hucks, Dublin and Evans so again I don''t understand your argument.
[/quote]

I seem to remember that those of us who protested that Jamie was a bad buy were torn apart by the majority on this Forum. When I labelled him a "poor mans Earnshaw" I was being over generous. A 34 year old lower league journeyman was never going to be good enough to get us into the top six.

I would love to have been proved wrong because Jamie is a nice guy and has always given his best for City but I think most would now agree that the minority were correct.

Dont get me wrong I like JC (met him on a few occasions) and he seems like a nice chap. In football terms he hasnt been doing the business, which is a shame cos I would love to see him do well.

Its a shame With Cureton, he is a good finisher, but for some reason, he could not score basic chances last season, many going over or wide, not even on Target.He is a passionate player, but that seems to have taken away his Quality.

Virtually zero I would say Lapps.

We all saw what contempt Roeder had for Hucks farewell, Jamie''s landmark appearence will be no different.........Roeder will block that.