Sign in to follow this  
Camuldonum

OT: Mr Cullum goes on a spending spree

As the link does not seem to work very well, here is the text:

Corporate Finance magazine

Insurance giant Towergate has made its first acquisition since July’s announcement that it had £108 million to spend on expanding its portfolio of regional independent financial advisers (IFA).

The group has bought Nottingham-based M2 Financial for an undisclosed sum – its sixth acquisition in its plan to build a national IFA brand.

The deal was funded from the war chest produced by Royal Bank of Scotland, Lloyds TSB Corporate Markets and Towergate’s management.

Towergate appointed a team at accountancy firm Creaseys to structure the deal tax efficiently. Its team was led by tax partner Elizabeth Robertson and manager Jonathan Flett.

Robertson said the firm has a strong link with Towergate as it has provided tax and compliance advice to the group for several years.

“This was a great opportunity to assist our client in what will no doubt be only one of a large number of future acquisitions,” she added.

Cam, any inkling of any news on Cullums supposed interest in the club in your circles or is it a total wall of silence?. would appreciate any news that you may be aware of.......

[quote user="Gazza"]Cam, any inkling of any news on Cullums supposed interest in the club in your circles or is it a total wall of silence?. would appreciate any news that you may be aware of.......[/quote]

You get his standard answer - no he hasn''t walked away but he''s waiting for Norwich City to make contact if they are interested.   That''s what the man says or did about 10 days ago but of course one ever knows what, if anything, is going on underneath it all. 

But he has certainly not said "No, I am no longer interested."

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="Gazza"]Cam, any inkling of any news on Cullums supposed interest in the club in your circles or is it a total wall of silence?. would appreciate any news that you may be aware of.......[/quote]

You get his standard answer - no he hasn''t walked away but he''s waiting for Norwich City to make contact if they are interested.   That''s what the man says or did about 10 days ago but of course one ever knows what, if anything, is going on underneath it all. 

[/quote]

Thanks Cam, so you have not heard any off the record rumours or is that more than your job is worth?, is that on record from 10 ago then?

[quote user="Gazza"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

Thanks Cam, so you have not heard any off the record rumours or is that more than your job is worth?, is that on record from 10 ago then?

[/quote]

The quote was on the record, absolutely and my understanding is that he has said the same thing to others.  It''s like a looped tape at the moment!  To be truthful we haven''t been following it that closely until something really happens.  Personally, we have not heard anything off the record about it except that the general view inside Towergate is that it''s typical PC - "Never say never....long game."

Having been sent away twice with a flea in his ear when he came calling Peter is NOT going to make contact for a third time. As at last Saturday no contact had been made by NCFC to him which he finds a bit strange given their ''we''re actively seeking investors'' mantra. Presumably they have their reasons.

[quote user="Barry Brockes"]

Having been sent away twice with a flea in his ear when he came calling Peter is NOT going to make contact for a third time. As at last Saturday no contact had been made by NCFC to him which he finds a bit strange given their ''we''re actively seeking investors'' mantra. Presumably they have their reasons.

[/quote]

Blimey Barry that''s not real good.  Mind you I can''t really blame him for not going back.

I really cannot believe that there are many investors knocking on NCFC''s doors to be honest.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Gazza"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The quote was on the record, absolutely and my understanding is that he has said the same thing to others.  It''s like a looped tape at the moment!  To be truthful we haven''t been following it that closely until something really happens.  Personally, we have not heard anything off the record about it except that the general view inside Towergate is that it''s typical PC - "Never say never....long game."

[/quote]

The more I hear personally hear about the guy the more I think this guy can make a real success of our football club. I seriously hope that they are speaking to PC as this could be the best solution for all concerned IMO and feel Deals/MWJ will live to regret it if they dont have serious talks with him. Cheers Cam!

[quote user="Barry Brockes"]

[/quote]

That''s absolutely ludicrous considering the position the club is in, there is no way we will find anyone better than Mr Cullum to take the club forward. That''s assuming he has told you the truth, seem to remember he told you that he hadn''t had contact with the club last year and it turned out that he had spoken to them so I wouldn''t take what he said last Saturday as gospel.