Sign in to follow this  
Mr_Chimp

Leroy Lita joins on 1-month Loon

Your right theres not I''m sorry. Just seen it and explined it so many times its doing my head in. But please accept my apologies

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

If Lita had signed on loan to scum today you would all be singing off a different hymn sheet right now. He''d be the most ambitious loan signing of the century and jelousy would abound.

Anti-everything must mean anti-club.

[/quote]

As a matter of fact I think you''re entirely wrong, when they signed Stead most people''s reaction was "they''re welcome, he''s useless".

But don''t let me stop you pursuing your bitter little agenda.

Lets face it at least he''s an out and out proven striker, Lupoli came in with having played out wide for parts of his career, Sibierski has a confusing tag as a midfielder come striker, Koroma is really untried. Not saying they wont do the job for us in the near future but this guy is at least a out and out centre forward, i guess alot will depend on how fit he is as to how well he may do.

[quote user="Strawberry"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

If Lita had signed on loan to scum today you would all be singing off a different hymn sheet right now. He''d be the most ambitious loan signing of the century and jelousy would abound.

[/quote]

As a matter of fact I think you''re entirely wrong, when they signed Stead most people''s reaction was "they''re welcome, he''s useless".

[/quote]

That is cos Stead is in general quite crap. It was true last season whenever Ipswich made a bid for anyone people were wetting themsleves about how ambitious them down the road were being. In fact when Lita joined Charlton many were bemoaning the fact we had not signed him.

And Nigels not bitter, I''m sure Ardee would call him the sweetest sugerplum in the bakery or something like that...

Loans outside of the window are for a maximum of three monthes. So come the end of this we culd ask to extend it by another two monthes. Then come January we could convert it into a proper window to window loan and go to the end of the season. Its a minefield these loans....

Good signing in my opinion. Its a shame its not a longer deal but hopefully we can make it a 3 month loan. I dont know if its just me but can anyone else see this being a repeat of the martin taylor transfer saga last year? I mean he will come here do really well and then as usual Doomcaster and Co will be tight and not pay a little bit more money to get a player.

I have long been an admirer of Leroy Lita.

Problem is this smacks of desperation to dampen down the murmurings of discontent and little more.

We are never going to finance a deal to bring him here on a longer term deal, but a few goals over the next month will be enough for the board to beg that they are doing their best and plead for more time from the sheep... "here by Uncle Shepocaster!!!"

[quote user="Congo Canary"]

HHmmmmmmmmmmm? One month loan, Norweigan league break in a months time? Could be a timely stop gap until a certain person arrives?

[/quote]Dream on if you think iverson is the answer to our problems you need a check up from the neck up

For what it''s worth my work colleague supports Charlton, and he watched Lita home and away when he was on loan there.  His first comment was that if you get the ball directly to him in a scoring position he will put it in the net 9 times out of 10, however, don''t expect him to run for the ball, chase back, or even close defenders down.  Basically he said he was a very lazy player.  I consider my colleague to be fairly knowledgeable as he has been a football scout for 20 years, and I have seen the comprehensive reports he writes on individual players.

We will just have to wait and see what he is like on Saturday as no doubt he will start against Derby. 

And this from a reading fan on one of the forums I go on.

So,the incredable sulk goes out on loan again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IF he can score a goal then his confidence will be sky high and he could start banging them in again.........He started our first four games,he said all he wanted was a chance so Coppell gave it to him,well he did''nt score and did''nt look like scoring either.....utter crap. As *** says he''s currently behind Shane Long who is utter utter crap in the pecking order so that says it all really.

He''s a bit of a twit aswell, really REALLY big chip on his shoulder,rumours have it he''s quite a bad influence in the dressing room aswell,you know the type "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM" is one of his favourite sayings.

Tell you what,give us 100 grand and Jamie Cureton and you can have him blink.gif I''ll drive him to norfolk myself................

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

So,the incredable sulk goes out on loan again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IF he can score a goal then his confidence will be sky high and he could start banging them in again.........He started our first four games,he said all he wanted was a chance so Coppell gave it to him,well he did''nt score and did''nt look like scoring either.....utter crap. As *** says he''s currently behind Shane Long who is utter utter crap in the pecking order so that says it all really.

He''s a bit of a twit aswell, really REALLY big chip on his shoulder,rumours have it he''s quite a bad influence in the dressing room aswell,you know the type "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM" is one of his favourite sayings.

Tell you what,give us 100 grand and Jamie Cureton and you can have him blink.gif I''ll drive him to norfolk myself................

[/quote]

I was worried until he said they''d take Cureton then I realised that he must be a bit simple!!![:P]

Good signing (Although only for six games so not much to it really). I Used to live in reading and he was regarded as being a very arrogant person, when things are going his way he will perform very well, if he isnt happy he will sulk. Think Hasselbaink.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

I was worried until he said they''d take Cureton then I realised that he must be a bit simple!!![:P]

[/quote]

lol I think he was genuine and he''s far from simple.  I guess he must feel about him the way some of us feel about someone like Fozzy, kinda like marmite, you either hate it or love it [;)]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

£100k plus Cureton?

Plus SIGNING ON FEE - Neil

Plus WAGES - Neil

Does he think we are made of money?

That would take spending this season to over £10 million wouldn''t it???

This guy from Reading must be crazy!!!  [:S]

It wont matter who we sign until we get a solid midfield that can create chances for strikers and stop getting overrun by the opposotion. I now fully believe Roeder either doesnt know his best eleven or is being dictated to by other managers over the loans. At least Grant said he wouldnt have other managers telling him who he had to play if he made a loan signing.

[quote user="ridgeman"]It wont matter who we sign until we get a solid midfield that can create chances for strikers and stop getting overrun by the opposotion. I now fully believe Roeder either doesnt know his best eleven or is being dictated to by other managers over the loans. At least Grant said he wouldnt have other managers telling him who he had to play if he made a loan signing.[/quote]Agreed. I dont think we need a striker. We desperately need however a creative attacking central midfielder. God knows who that would be though..

Come on boys, we must be able to rack 100k up between us on here, and il drive Cureton there!

Great player,

Waste of time, pointless 1 month loan, board putting off the ''sack the board'' chants for a month! 

[quote user="CDMullins"]

Come on boys, we must be able to rack 100k up between us on here, and il drive Cureton there!

Great player,

Waste of time, pointless 1 month loan, board putting off the ''sack the board'' chants for a month! 

[/quote]

Illustrated perfectly in just a few words CMD... [Y]

It does look rather like this is a stop gap to Iverson coming in on loan when the season finishes in November and probably signing permanently in January. It''s a positive move. And makes me think the Cullum deal is closer than we think. Regardless, excellent signing, well done GR!

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]It does look rather like this is a stop gap to Iverson coming in on loan when the season finishes in November and probably signing permanently in January.[/quote]I''m sorry that''s not possible. The international transfer window is closed until Jan 1st 2009 that includes loan deals (which are classed as international transfers see comments made earlier in the topic). Plus why would we sign a short quick striker as a stop gap for a slow tall striker? Surely Sib is the stop gap for Iversen? Lita is here to do one thing, score the chances we''ve been missing. Whether he will or not who knows and I''ll reserve judgement on whether it''s a good signing or not until he''s played a game or two.Davo

1. Not garuntee he''s coming here.

2.Is he really good enough? all are hopes and dreams are pinned on a 32 Norwegian striker that''s never really been good enough for English football??

[quote user="CDMullins"]

1. Not garuntee he''s coming here.

2.Is he really good enough? all are hopes and dreams are pinned on a 32 Norwegian striker that''s never really been good enough for English football??

[/quote]

Strange thing to say about a player who spent several years at Spurs (a big club, a Premier League club). Think he had a decent ish scoring record as well.

Come on mate, hardly a world beater!!

Didnt score that many! Never that good when he dropped down a division. Plus he''s years older now!

I dont doubt that he could do a job for us, just not worth getting ''over; excited for!

[quote user="Strawberry"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

From a person who has no interest in going to watch Norwich play football and only an interest in attacking the club at every opportunity accusing me of having a bitter liitle agenda is rather like the pot calling the kettle black.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Im not! it''s for 1 month which means Reading have no intention of selling him.. he''s here simply to get fit... if it doesnt work Reading will off load him...

You might then think we''d sign him but if Reading dont want him due to fitness then why would take a punt?

jas :)

[/quote]

So who is out there better than Leroy Jas who we can get on a months loan, I look forward to your reply