Sign in to follow this  
Mr_Chimp

Leroy Lita joins on 1-month Loon

Sibierski possibly injured then?if not, Sibierski and Lita upfront sounds rather nice!Almost a premiership strikeforce! That should definitely find us some goals.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="shortfatb"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Gazza"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Mr. Bump"]

Says what Reading think of us if they''re willing to let him go to a ''rival''.

Great signing but if it was someone like Steve Howard you''d all be saying Oh my god anufa loon, how many loons can we play Rowda?

[/quote]

id take Howard like a shot! he can score goals!

as for Lita.. i''ll have this chat again in 4 weeks... and will eat my words willingly if wrong!

jas :)

Jas what is your fascination with Howard?, he is absolutely sh1te!

How many goals did he get last season and how many goals has he scored this season if he is such a great goalscorer???

Ask any Leicetser fan what they think of him and guarentee negatives a plenty......Wink [;)]

[/quote][/quote]

164 goals in just under 500 career games... hardly shocking record is it?

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=3653

[/quote]

Why don''t you f**k off with your Steve Howard and other unrelated and loanee moanee sh*t. It''s a great signing, nobody has said it can''t be more than a month, Jamie lad is a sack of, OJ cannot score currently, Sib and Lupe can only hit woodwork. Well done Roeder. 

[/quote]

because you''d have nothing to whinge about if i did.

[/quote]

Not wishing to be pedantic but I wasn''t whinging merely expressing a level of frustration about others whinging and their inability to stay on thread.

You people can spin it whichever way you want. But last season at this time  our strike force was ''improved'' with the month loan of John Hartson.

Still - according to some we haven''t improved [*-)]

[quote user="AJ"]Sibierski possibly injured then?if not, Sibierski and Lita upfront sounds rather nice!Almost a premiership strikeforce! That should definitely find us some goals.[/quote]

Nay - the only good that I can see coming out of this is if Roeder has the sense to put Sieberski at midfield in place of Fotheringham and field Lupoli & Lita up front.

[quote user="shyster"][quote user="AJ"]Sibierski possibly injured then?

if not, Sibierski and Lita upfront sounds rather nice!

Almost a premiership strikeforce! That should definitely find us some goals.
[/quote]

Nay - the only good that I can see coming out of this is if Roeder has the sense to put Sieberski at midfield in place of Fotheringham and field Lupoli & Lita up front.
[/quote]

Bloody good idea!!  All we''ve really needed is a good playmaker.

[quote user="shyster"][quote user="AJ"]Sibierski possibly injured then?if not, Sibierski and Lita upfront sounds rather nice!Almost a premiership strikeforce! That should definitely find us some goals.[/quote]

Nay - the only good that I can see coming out of this is if Roeder has the sense to put Sieberski at midfield in place of Fotheringham and field Lupoli & Lita up front.[/quote]Yes, that might work quite nicely.

[quote user="Scooby"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

How tall is Lita? If he is quite tall then yes, good idea. Although Roeder will never drop Fotheringham, so it wont happen.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Badger Pie"]Lots of different opinions of whether this is a good or bad signing, but at the end of the day what possible harm could it do? So what if it''s only a month. Would you rather have Kelly Brook as your girlfriend for 1 month, or never at all?[/quote]

Never at all thanks! Holly Willoughby on the other hand.... ;)

[/quote]

haha wow the only thing i agree with you on this post jas, holly is rather nice :-)

still think lita will be good for us, like others have said what harm can it do, and maybe it is a stop gap untill iverson comes, u never know, football is a funny old game

x

[quote user="Scooby"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Grounds will need to go to centreback on Saturday so he''ll move Bertrand back to left back and play Sibi left side midfield,I suspect.

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"][quote user="Scooby"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

How tall is Lita? If he is quite tall then yes, good idea. Although Roeder will never drop Fotheringham, so it wont happen.

[/quote]

5ft 7inches tall.

Very pleased about this signing.

I know sometimes Lita is a bit short on quality and often scuffs his shots but what I''ve always liked about him is that he keeps going. If he misses one he makes sure he gets himself back in there for the next one.

is what we have working up front at the moment? no so fair play to roeder for trying something new, it may come off it may not but I don''t believe there is a better alternative out there with all the restrictions we have and that most certainly includes alternatives in our squad,.

Question: is this an emergency loan, and if so what is the emergency (apart from being unable to score in the proverbial, which I don''t suppose would be a valid reason under league rules)?  Did we pick up more injuries last night?

Or is Lita the eighth and last ordinary loan that we are allowed?

[quote user="ncfcstar"]I''m impressed with this signing it has to be said, good work Glenn to get him in.[/quote]

Hiya Star,was starting to worry about your absence from the board, or have I been overlooking your posts?[:)]

[quote user="shyster"]Absolutely pointless acquisition.

So Lita isn''t good enough for a team who''re in the same f**king Division!?!
[/quote]You sad numpty, he was on the verge of the England team he has scored against all the top prem teams, yes he is only here for a month to get match fitness and anyone who thinks we could sign him is disillusioned but he will score goals for us in this month more than JC and OJ.

Basically I do not give a toss even if he was only here for a week, as long as he can put the ball in the back of the net, who cares.[:D]

BGG&YPOS wrote the following post at 01/10/2008 4:40 PM:

Basically I do not give a toss even if he was only here for a week, as long as he can put the ball in the back of the net, who cares.Big Smile [:D]

and my god do we need someone to put that bloody ball in the back of net, good shout. If he brings some goals with him the others may pick up aswell.

I''m as fed up with anyone with unnceccesary loans, loan rotation and loan favouritism that is going on; but i''m delighted with the Lita loan. No, it isnt a long term solution, but if he is fit enough, he is the short term fix we need; we need some quick wins and we wont get them without goals. We can only sign loans at the moment, and we had to something about our pathetic strikeforce.

I''m quite excited about this signing.

[quote user="Strawberry"]

Question: is this an emergency loan, and if so what is the emergency (apart from being unable to score in the proverbial, which I don''t suppose would be a valid reason under league rules)?  Did we pick up more injuries last night?

[/quote]

Think he''s the 9th loan, 2 more and we''ll have a footy team

Archibald-Henville: June 2009
Bertrand: Jan 2009
Grounds: Dec 2008 (can be recalled within first 28 days)
Kennedy: Jan 2009
Koroma: June 2009
Lupoli: June 2009
Omozusi: June 2009
Sibierski: Jan 2009

Lita : Nov 2009

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Strawberry"]

[/quote]

Think he''s the 9th loan, 2 more and we''ll have a footy team

Archibald-Henville: June 2009
Bertrand: Jan 2009
Grounds: Dec 2008 (can be recalled within first 28 days)
Kennedy: Jan 2009
Koroma: June 2009
Lupoli: June 2009
Omozusi: June 2009
Sibierski: Jan 2009

Lita : Nov 2009

[/quote]

Many thanks Angel.  I may be wrong, but didn''t Grounds come in under the emergency provisions?  One of them must be, otherwise we''re breaking the rules.

Ok how may million times does this loan situation have to be explained??? It does not matter that Grounds is emergency he is still a loan. What does matter is the Kennedy and Lupoli are international loans which the football league technically does not recognise as a loan, rather that the player is ours, but will return to his club on a set date. So for purposes of counting loans, Kennedy and Lupoli dont count. Hence why Roeder siad earlier that he would rather bring in an international loan. I think Lita is here until Iverson can come in.

If Lita had signed on loan to scum today you would all be singing off a different hymn sheet right now. He''d be the most ambitious loan signing of the century and jelousy would abound.

Anti-everything must mean anti-club.

[quote user="king canary"]

Ok how may million times does this loan situation have to be explained??? It does not matter that Grounds is emergency he is still a loan. What does matter is the Kennedy and Lupoli are international loans which the football league technically does not recognise as a loan, rather that the player is ours, but will return to his club on a set date. So for purposes of counting loans, Kennedy and Lupoli dont count. Hence why Roeder siad earlier that he would rather bring in an international loan. I think Lita is here until Iverson can come in.

[/quote]

Thanks for the explanation but there''s no need to be so patronising.