Sign in to follow this  
Raymond De Waard

HUCKERBY COMING BACK ON-LOAN!

My mate in America has said it''s in their local papers that as soon as the MLS season finishes (which is soon) Huckerby is coming back to Norwich on-loan until the new MLS season starts.

Roeder has said that he would welcome Hucks back on a short-term loan deal, and would be n ideal player to come off the bench.  Although i would think he will actually start.

This is not bull s**t, my mate is sending me the articles from the local papers in america and i will post them on here when i get them.

I''m pleased with this news, how about everybody else?

[quote user="crabman84"]

My mate in America has said it''s in their local papers that as soon as the MLS season finishes (which is soon) Huckerby is coming back to Norwich on-loan until the new MLS season starts.

Roeder has said that he would welcome Hucks back on a short-term loan deal, and would be n ideal player to come off the bench.  Although i would think he will actually start.

This is not bull s**t, my mate is sending me the articles from the local papers in america and i will post them on here when i get them.

[/quote]

LOL. Good post.

Obviously a wind up but wouldnt we all LOVE to see him back, now we have seen that the team we have is full of players who simply dont have the class to change a game...

[quote user="crabman84"]

[/quote]

Several of the posts in this thread make me feel ashamed. I''m not sure what of - just ashamed generally.

[quote user="urdie_Canary"]Sounds fishy, BUT it MIGHT be true.

I no for a fact that huckerbys wife and kids are still living in norwich.

[/quote]

so does huckerby, hence him buying a season ticket

hes only got 18 month contract, and hes already said hes coming back inbetween MLS seasons

[quote user="urdie_Canary"]Sounds fishy, BUT it MIGHT be true.

I no for a fact that huckerbys wife and kids are still living in norwich.

[/quote]

everybody knows that! he will be coming back to live here during the off season in the states....

jas :)

I don''t think Roeder would go back against such a big decision.... mind you, he did with Neil Adams.

Point is, it''s probably been taken out of proportion. It probably means he''s going to train with Norwich whilst he is back here to stay fit...?

[quote user="crabman84"]

[/quote]

god help you if you''re lying (which i think you are!)

[quote user="topcanary1971"]so in other words roeder has admitted hes made a bo bo...[/quote]

Not really cos its not true.

If Roeder is for it, why was Roeder against signing him at all?

Also, how much will this affect team finances since we will have to pick up his wages while he plays here?

For those 2 reasons alone, I know the Huckerby story is a lie.

This is so stupid, he''s just won MLS player of the month, I dont think any team worth their salt is going to allow their star player to risk injury playing for another team.

Lets be honest - player of the month in a mickey mouse league doesn''t mean much. However, I still feel Hucks could do a job here and would put the fear into defences again.

That said, I think it would be a bad move. It would stir up a lot of emotions for some fans/prats on here that still haven''t got over his departure. I think it could also disrupt the atmosphere and the spirit at Colney and in the dressing room.

[quote user="National express super guard "]yipee, he''s done so well in what is effectively the conference. can''t think hucks would come back, besides he can''t play all year round. If he was 29 then I''d want him back
[/quote]

Beckham gets picked by England out of the same league.

[quote user="ricky knight"]

[quote user="National express super guard "]yipee, he''s done so well in what is effectively the conference. can''t think hucks would come back, besides he can''t play all year round. If he was 29 then I''d want him back
[/quote]

[/quote]

And looks totally useless in my opinion.

Btw, this post has nothing to do with Huckerby, I''m certain he still could do a job for us. I''m just responding to the Beckham thing, in my opinion he typifies the over paid ''glamour gone to their heads'' tosser that makes the English national team such an underachieving joke, or has done recently anyhow.  

[quote user="ricky knight"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thats because the press picks the england Squad Ricky.. not the manager

jas :)

[quote user="macdougalls perm"][quote user="ricky knight"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And looks totally useless in my opinion.

Btw, this post has nothing to do with Huckerby, I''m certain he still could do a job for us. I''m just responding to the Beckham thing, in my opinion he typifies the over paid ''glamour gone to their heads'' tosser that makes the English national team such an underachieving joke, or has done recently anyhow.  

[/quote]

There''s no doubting that David Beckham loves his celebrity status and all of the perks that go with it. But it''s also obvious that he does take real pride in playing for England. I''m not going to comment on his most recent form in an England shirt because I haven''t seen the games. However, he is a genuine top class footballer and it''s clear that his heart is in it when he plays for England.

[quote user="ricky knight"]just for the record i think Beckham is the most overated player of the century and my post was a pop at England[/quote]

Usually I agree with a lot of the things you say.

But David Beckham overrated?

Can''t say I agree with that. For me he''s one of the few players you could genuinely put in the "world class" bracket.

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="ricky knight"]just for the record i think Beckham is the most overated player of the century and my post was a pop at England[/quote]

Usually I agree with a lot of the things you say.

But David Beckham overrated?

Can''t say I agree with that. For me he''s one of the few players you could genuinely put in the "world class" bracket.

[/quote]

In the words of a real world class player Georgie Best, Beckham cant head a ball, tackle, go past people, apart from that he is ok.