Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

McVeigh/Neilson - Hoolahan/Lita

Macca and Neilson were superb in the playoff run up when every one thought we were doomed when Iwan got injured. They single handedly, along with Malky, got us to Cardiff and we played some of our best football with McVeigh in the hole behind he speedy Neilson and absolutley no sniff whatsoever of a a big targetman. Sibierski comes into the team and we look poor.I posted a while ago that maybe a targetman is not now the way to go cause we have no hucks and Crofts crossing is poor. When was the last time we scored a header from a wingers cross? Ashton maybe!! oh yeah, Russell v Colchester. But point is the players we now have i dont think a targetman is the way to go, we should stick with Hoolahan and Lupoli and Lita and Croft and force City to play on the deck and just hope we start converting chances. We havent created half the chances in the last 3 games as we did in the first few games.Could be Clingan i know but prob both. Hoolahan needs another chance and Roeder needs to figure a way to build the side around him and not expect him to do any dirty work, but accept the player he is. He''s a McVeigh, a Hucks a flair player. Nobody ever expected Hucks to make a tackle and nobody ever really complained when he didnt track back.Its time for Hoolahan to light up Carrow Road and feed messers Lita and Lupoli....Im now thinking a midfield 3 of Clingan, Russell and Fozzy/Pattison behind the 3 of Lupes, Lita and Hoola. Why player 442 with wingers when Croft cant cross, Sibi''s not really the out and out targetman we want and Hoola likes to roam/Bertrands a left back!Doesnt make sense. Play 442 with out and out quality wingers and a big striker, we have none of these players.

Sibierski is the most creative player presently at the club (especially now Chadwick has gone) but he needs to be fielded in central midfield where he would surely create the chances necessary for the forwards.

And we still desparately need a targetman.

I can''t see Hoolahan ever being as good as McVeigh. In my opinion one of best performers of the past 10 years.