Sign in to follow this  
Captain Controversy

I have a feeling Roeder will walk soon

He must stay, he was the major influence in keeping NCFC up last season, and in getting in players of very high quality on no money at all. But I feel with all the problems off the pitch, and with us losing 1-0 at half time in this ''must win'' game in Roeders view, he will leave if we don''t get that win.I hope that A) they DO winB) im wrong if they don''t.

i hope he won''t, but i have a horribly feeling the pressure of some moronic fans, or something the board does wrong will cause problems...

Could anyone blame him given the ''support'' he''s been given from the board?Managers need money to rebuild a squad, but that simple fact seems to be beyond the current boardroom numpties.It''s been time for a change for the past 2 seasons, more and more people will see it sooner rather than later at this rate.

It is a terrible result but when you get clubs like Bristol City able to spend far more than us then what do we really expect, sadly looking at our squad and who we have managed to bring in permanently we have the aspirations of a League 1 club.

I am afraid it doesnt matter who you put in as manager - the problem is you cannot make gold out of cr*p - so long as there is no money in the club we are doomed with or without roeder

[quote user="Helsinki canary"]I am afraid it doesnt matter who you put in as manager - the problem is you cannot make gold out of cr*p - so long as there is no money in the club we are doomed with or without roeder[/quote]I couldnt disagree more with that and I''m absolutely sick to the back teeth of reading posts on here suggesting that all we need is an injection of money and our problems would be over.For almost all the 40+ years I''ve watched the team we''ve managed, sometimes well, sometimes not so well but generally OK by having managers who could develop youngsters, or players from the lower divisions and turn them into good players at our, or higher, levels.And its not just us. You may be too young to remember but Brian Clough won the European Cup with a team that was almost entirely made up of players regarded as journeymen until Clough took them to Forest and turned them into world beaters.Many things may have changed in football but there are still managers and coaches out there who can assemble and improve teams without spending a fortune. Unfortunately Roeder isnt one of them.I''m probably ridiculously old fashioned but I simply dont understand why so many people want someone, anyone, to come with a huge pile of money so we can hire a bundle of mercenary players with no motivation or desire to play for our club other than the financial, just so we win a bit more often. What actually is the point? Maybe the winning is all some people are interested in but to me that wouldn''t any longer be watching the club I love, it would just be watching a bunch of very well paid jobbing footballers, ie what the Premier League has already become and frankly I''d rather watch a local amateur team who still care about the game than that.

GR might walk but be honest tactically he makes Worthy look a genius, how disastrous would it be Granty could be back!

[quote user="Creative Midfielder"][quote user="Helsinki canary"]I am afraid it doesnt matter who you put in as manager - the problem is you cannot make gold out of cr*p - so long as there is no money in the club we are doomed with or without roeder[/quote]

I couldnt disagree more with that and I''m absolutely sick to the back teeth of reading posts on here suggesting that all we need is an injection of money and our problems would be over.

For almost all the 40+ years I''ve watched the team we''ve managed, sometimes well, sometimes not so well but generally OK by having managers who could develop youngsters, or players from the lower divisions and turn them into good players at our, or higher, levels.

And its not just us. You may be too young to remember but Brian Clough won the European Cup with a team that was almost entirely made up of players regarded as journeymen until Clough took them to Forest and turned them into world beaters.

Many things may have changed in football but there are still managers and coaches out there who can assemble and improve teams without spending a fortune. Unfortunately Roeder isnt one of them.

I''m probably ridiculously old fashioned but I simply dont understand why so many people want someone, anyone, to come with a huge pile of money so we can hire a bundle of mercenary players with no motivation or desire to play for our club other than the financial, just so we win a bit more often. What actually is the point? Maybe the winning is all some people are interested in but to me that wouldn''t any longer be watching the club I love, it would just be watching a bunch of very well paid jobbing footballers, ie what the Premier League has already become and frankly I''d rather watch a local amateur team who still care about the game than that.
[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more.  Money won''t solve our problems.  I believe Roeder and Clark DO NOT KNOW how to get any more from what they have.

Furthermore, has he lost the plot?  We''re central defenders down, a loanee in from Spurs.  Who partners Omo?  Drury.  Against an up-and-at-''em type team in Derby.  If Ramos didn''t have problems of his own, I''d bet he''d be on the horn to Roedent giving him a piece of his mind.

ROEDER OUT.

I think you might be right, I can see the pressure getting to Roeder and he may walk. I''m even thinking about walking. I''ve been a season ticket holder in the same seat for the last 13 years (not bad considering I''m only 21) and I have offered my season ticket to a friend for just £75. I''ve just had enough, it''s not worth it. The team aren''t worth it. They were out there for 90 minutes today and for only 10 minutes did any of them look like they were trying, the team didn''t look like they wanted to win that game at all. Today was the first time I''ve ever left a game early (as soon as the 90 minutes were up).I''ve had enough, they''re a disgrace.

[quote user="JTG"]I think you might be right, I can see the pressure getting to Roeder and he may walk. I''m even thinking about walking. I''ve been a season ticket holder in the same seat for the last 13 years (not bad considering I''m only 21) and I have offered my season ticket to a friend for just £75. I''ve just had enough, it''s not worth it. The team aren''t worth it. They were out there for 90 minutes today and for only 10 minutes did any of them look like they were trying, the team didn''t look like they wanted to win that game at all. Today was the first time I''ve ever left a game early (as soon as the 90 minutes were up).I''ve had enough, they''re a disgrace.[/quote]I call it "doing a Leeds".

[quote user="Creative Midfielder"][quote user="Helsinki canary"]I am afraid it doesnt matter who you put in as manager - the problem is you cannot make gold out of cr*p - so long as there is no money in the club we are doomed with or without roeder[/quote]

And its not just us. You may be too young to remember but Brian Clough won the European Cup with a team that was almost entirely made up of players regarded as journeymen until Clough took them to Forest and turned them into world beaters.

[/quote]

May I suggest you check the records, Clough was not against spending some big money in those days, e.g, Nish £2.75m, Francis £1m

I couldnt disagree more with that and I''m absolutely sick to the back teeth of reading posts on here suggesting that all we need is an injection of money and our problems would be over.

[/quote]

While I agree you need a good manager to find the players and get the best out of them. Its painfully obvious that some good forwards and creative midfield players are needed and that costs money. Unfortunately NCFC have had the money but have spent it off the pitch rather than on the squad.

[quote user="pete"]GR might walk but be honest tactically he makes Worthy look a genius, how disastrous would it be Granty could be back![/quote]

Dont ever say that!!

[quote user="thecanaryfan"]I hope he does walk. He cant save us again and he knows it. This is a horendous result.[/quote]

And then what?? someone else comes in and has exactly the same problem...I think roeder has done a brilliant job considering he hasn''t spent any money (or very little) He has loads of contacts...the board needs to go and we need major investment.....SIMPLE

[quote user="Canary Nut"]

[/quote]

While I agree you need a good manager to find the players and get the best out of them. Its painfully obvious that some good forwards and creative midfield players are needed and that costs money. Unfortunately NCFC have had the money but have spent it off the pitch rather than on the squad.

[/quote]

Hence the reason the board should hang their heads in shame. They tried doing it on the cheap and now it is us the fans that are paying the consequences. The best thing Delia and her cronies could do right now is admit that they invested the money poorly and resign. Im sick and tired of the team struggling week in week out. 25,000 fans per week do not deserve a team of uncommited loanees. They deserve their own team and with Delia we will never have that.

Every time Roeder is asked about the support he has had from the board he''s said that he''s received the funding he asked for. If this is so  (and believe me, I doubt that it is) surely he''s to blame.

[quote user="thecanaryfan"][quote user="Canary Nut"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hence the reason the board should hang their heads in shame. They tried doing it on the cheap and now it is us the fans that are paying the consequences. The best thing Delia and her cronies could do right now is admit that they invested the money poorly and resign. Im sick and tired of the team struggling week in week out. 25,000 fans per week do not deserve a team of uncommited loanees. They deserve their own team and with Delia we will never have that.

[/quote]

And just as a point of interest who should take over?

His team selections have bordered on the bizarre at times.  How could we honestly expect to neutralise the likes of Hulse''s aerial ability with the centre half pairing we had today?  Surely as a manager who has banged on about how the physical/tall teams have the required edge in this league, he could have at least given us a fair chance of coping at the back?  I''m sorry, but some of the decisions he took over the close season are down to him and nobody else.  This club has a very bad history when it comes to digging in when the chips are down so I fear greatly for how the next few weeks will pan out.

He sounded very flat in his post match radio interview - very little hint of emotion or passion - almost bewidered[:O]

[quote user="Canary Nut"]

[quote user="Creative Midfielder"][quote user="Helsinki canary"]I am afraid it doesnt matter who you put in as manager - the problem is you cannot make gold out of cr*p - so long as there is no money in the club we are doomed with or without roeder[/quote]And its not just us. You may be too young to remember but Brian Clough won the European Cup with a team that was almost entirely made up of players regarded as journeymen until Clough took them to Forest and turned them into world beaters.[/quote]

May I suggest you check the records, Clough was not against spending some big money in those days, e.g, Nish £2.75m, Francis £1m

[/quote]You check the records - I said almost entirely and, of course he made signings but Francis was the only player they spent big money before winning the cup. Alongside him was Gary Birtles, a local lad, who was picked out of non leage football. There were some marvellous players in that team, people like Robertson and McGovern, who''d done little until they joined Clough, plus some youngsters like Viv Anderson.You appear to have completely missed my point which is that some managers are capable of improving players and indeed teams ( Ron Saunders might be a more local example), rather than simply buying them.

Roeder hasn''t got the balls to walk... but I think he will be sacked by Christmas, as yet another manager is blamed for what is ultimately those at the top''s short falls.

[quote user="thecanaryfan"]I hope he does walk. He cant save us again and he knows it. This is a horendous result.[/quote]

Please shut the F**K UP, over the last few weeks you have become a muppet your constant talk and roeder bashing is old.

Time to move on!

Same here, let him go he''s part of the problem.

I''ve never really been a Roeder fan,  but at the time he was the  best of what was about.  The problem is however Roeder in some quarters is viewed as short term ''fixer-upper'' type manager.  3-4 months whirl wind turn around he''s magic,  any longer he''s as ordinary as the average manager.

[quote user="Smudger"]Roeder hasn''t got the balls to walk... but I think he will be sacked by Christmas, as yet another manager is blamed for what is ultimately those at the top''s short falls.[/quote]

How the hell do you know?

He is waiting for the new benefactor and new money coming in.

AND it will be nothing to do with the sh*t you are trying to stir