Sign in to follow this  
Sing Up The South Stand

Many of us want the board to go, one problem though...

There''s no real way we can get rid of them, unless they get rid of themselves.

So people saying ''sack the board'' need to realise that you simply cannot do that.  It''s a shame, but it''s true.

The owners won''t sack themselves.  And they won''t sack their chums on the board.

[quote user="Mark Rivers..."]

So people saying ''sack the board'' need to realise that you simply cannot do that.  It''s a shame, but it''s true.

The owners won''t sack themselves.  And they won''t sack their chums on the board.

[/quote]

how very true...

they might just wait it out until the club gets relegated and the vaue of the shares drop, forcing them to cut their losses and run though... the club would then be u the creek and the board would of lost money....

who knows!

jas :)

That would be very unfortunate, but I wouldn''t bet against it happening.

You would think they''d be desperate to find investment so they get as much money as possible for their shares.  But no.  They probably think all will be ok.[:@]

[/quote]

Newcastle have basically managed it haven`t they?

Probably not. But its strange how many people think Peter Cullum would be good for us just because he''s a successful businessman.Pretty similar line of thinking to the Newcastle fans when successful businessman Ashley took over, and not too similar to the Liverpool fans when the Yanks took over, etc, etc....

Newcastle have been average for years.  They have continued that under Ashley.

I''m 1000% sure PC or whoever would improve things here as they''ve got progressively worse since promotion.  So don''t go suggesting that PC or someone wouldn''t be good.  We need investment or it''s league 1.

[quote user="Thirst Wizard"]Well there is... a majority shows a vote of no confidence at the AGM... but I doubt it''d happen
[/quote]

Too many celeb luvvies(groupees) for that to happen.

It pains me to admit it because at the time I did not agree with it, the invasion of deliaonline.com was the best and most noticable(made national press)protest that has happened so far.

Maybe this is the route the anti Delia camp should take. A sustained assualt on that site will again make the national press. And it will also hit home with queen Delia because this is where here bread and butter lies like a sleeping giant.

I don''t understand why Delia gets all the flack though? She is just the majority shareholder, why is Roger Munby free from all the abuse?

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Mark Rivers..."]

[/quote]

Newcastle have basically managed it haven`t they?

[/quote]

Well said Mr. Carrow... [Y]

Even we managed to effectively get rid of Chase all them years ago too (eventually).

Anybody who claims that a board can''t be driven out by a clubs fans is obviously still in denial and grasping at straws for any excuse to cling to hopes of keeping Delia & Co in place at Carrow Road.

[quote user="ellis206"]I don''t understand why Delia gets all the flack though? She is just the majority shareholder, why is Roger Munby free from all the abuse?
[/quote]

Is he???

I remember asking him why didn''t he do one and invset in Hull City last year if he thought so much of them.

Delia gets most of the flack because she and her hubby have most of the control... nothing personal, just a simple fact.

[quote user="WeWantWorthyBack"]Please don''t start likening us to Newcastle! Surely we''re not that bad yet!!![/quote]

No?

We are worse!!!

[quote user="Creative Midfielder"]Probably not. But its strange how many people think Peter Cullum would be good for us just because he''s a successful businessman.

Pretty similar line of thinking to the Newcastle fans when successful businessman Ashley took over, and not too similar to the Liverpool fans when the Yanks took over, etc, etc....
[/quote]

And there was I thinking about Aston Villa and that ''successful'' businessman Randy Lerner, and several  others...............

Then again, does Delia become an unsuccessful businesswoman merely because she''s no longer rich enough for the current scenario?

Dear oh dear.  

Silly me.

OTBC

[quote user="Creative Midfielder"]Probably not. But its strange how many people think Peter Cullum would be good for us just because he''s a successful businessman.

Pretty similar line of thinking to the Newcastle fans when successful businessman Ashley took over, and not too similar to the Liverpool fans when the Yanks took over, etc, etc....
[/quote]

And there was I thinking about Aston Villa and that ''successful'' businessman Randy Lerner, and several  others...............

Then again, does Delia become an unsuccessful businesswoman merely because she''s no longer rich enough for the current scenario?

Dear oh dear.  

Silly me.

OTBC

[quote user="Bobert"]Roger is a NCFC employee and draws a salary. He owns very few shares in the club.[/quote]

In part you are right.The chairman''s company are paid for the time he spends on football club business.He is not a football club employee.The correct part is that he owns bugger all shares in comparison to The Smiths and Mr.Foulger.

The chief executive also holds bugger all shares and is paid handsomely to take a seat as a director in the boardroom.

Nobody is questioning their time and commitment given to NCFC but we need finance and the drip feed scenario that is happening which with the greatest respect is getting us nowhere is only coming from 60% of the directors.

RM and ND are both approachable as we all know and will face the fans but a whole new ball game is unfolding in front of them as fans attitudes are slowly changing towards the "custodians" of NCFC and be warned unless the results improve and finance takes a turn for the better it will get very messy.

We have to trust the boards judgement as we simply do not have a choice in who will replace them.Because of the stranglehold that 360,000 shares gives you the decision is theirs and theirs alone.A show of hands at the AGM holds no weight at all as it is the number of shares that count.

During their reign Martin Armstrong came in briefly and went.The same for Bob the grocer and of late the mysterious disappearance overnight of the Turners.

The appointment of Rioch and Hamilton was a disaster.Was it right to bring back Mike Walker? I could go on.

The decision if and i repeat if Peter Cullum shows his hand will be left to the board as to whether his intentions are honourable.

Is recent history and previous judgements on their side?

Newcastle have been average for years.  They have continued that under Ashley.

I''m 1000% sure PC or whoever would improve things here as they''ve got progressively worse since promotion.  So don''t go suggesting that PC or someone wouldn''t be good.  We need investment or it''s league 1.

[/quote]

But that would be the positive outcome - it seems that Cullum won''t accept anything other than success and he would come in and shake the club out of the ''cosy-coma'' into which it has slipped. Everyone at our club appears to be in a comfort zone; the Board, the manager and, to some extent, the players.

I think that Cullum would shake "little old Norwich" out of its malaise and he would get people in - possibly a manager included - who would be winners. That''s a commodity that this club is in very short supply of at present - mediocrity is accepted here far too often.