Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Damien Francis... a sad day.

[quote user="JTG"]Great original post. Footballing karma indeed. I am very happy. I not only hate him for the way he actively done his best to make sure we were relegated to help aid his move to a London Premiership club, but for what he did to McKenzie. Complete twat.
[/quote]

and you have proof he "did something" to Mckenzie then do you?

I find this laughable considering Leon said in an interview a few months later that he still speaks to Damo....

it was some twats rumour that led to all that....

jas :)

Jas ,

I may well be a prat.

However this thread IS about Damien Francis.

I never said he was the only no show at Fulham, but his no show would take some beating.

He had no pride for NCFC on that day.

Why are you making excuses for him?

[quote user="alykanas"]

Jas ,

I may well be a prat.

However this thread IS about Damien Francis.

I never said he was the only no show at Fulham, but his no show would take some beating.

He had no pride for NCFC on that day.

Why are you making excuses for him?

[/quote]

i never caled youa Prat.. and im defending Damo because

1. he was a good player for us.

and 2. he was forced out of this football club, along with McKenzie, by a bunch of childish rumours.... he was scapegoated for relegation when it wasnt solely his fault....

why slag him off? based on 1 bad game and story you heard from a barfly?

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

Firstly a point to the original poster....you are a ****.  (put your own word in)

I feel genuinely sorry for Francis.  Cracking player on his day, and although Huckerby took all the plaudits he was massively instrumental in getting us promoted.  I hope he goes on to have a decent career in whatever he chooses to do now.

[/quote]

Eh, retirement?

[quote user="thecanaryfan"][quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

Firstly a point to the original poster....you are a ****.  (put your own word in)

I feel genuinely sorry for Francis.  Cracking player on his day, and although Huckerby took all the plaudits he was massively instrumental in getting us promoted.  I hope he goes on to have a decent career in whatever he chooses to do now.

[/quote]

Eh, retirement?

[/quote]

yep.. had to retire aged 29 due to a knee problem... a shame...

Jas ,

You used the word prat before I did and it was implied in your reply.

My feelings about Francis are not based on one bad game, although it was a stinker and one that destroyed for me the memories of his good games.

Whats this about a barfly? you dont know me, I dont know you, so lets not make assumptions about each other.

My opinions are my own , I dont need to copy anyone else and I dont  know any barflys.

Francis went on strike, Francis had his agent tout himself around other clubs.

I dont care that he wanted to get away, many people want to move on.

However while he was here playing for a  premier league club he owed us the courtesy of commitment and professionalism.

I have no interest in his or anyones private life.

Firstly to the original poster.  Seems you have stirred up a right hornets nest with this one.  I disagree with you about Francis, knowing people who have spoken to the bloke I can confirm that he wasnt the sharpest whittle in the pack, have you ever considered that he was given some bum advice by a greedy agent.  Because with the exception of the Fulham game he was one of our more effective performers in the prem.  I think that when no move was forthcoming he would probably have stayed, the the Barclay boo boys started and that was that.

Get a grip, I was talking purly football. I don''t think I mentioned anywhere him being a ''''top bloke''''? I cetainly don''t condone what he did. As you are clearly Leon Mckenzies counsellor you obviously know the ins and outs of the relationship!

[quote user="alykanas"]

The fuss is about a player who had ambition to improve only himself and his over inflated ego.

When he ran out on to the pitch at Craven Cottage he was playing for a premier league club who only needed one win to stay in the league.

Where was his ambition to win the match and stay in the prem on that day?

He was so keen to get away that he surrendered his position as a professional on that day.

You guys who are praising him have no pride or self worth.

[/quote]

Didn''t do him much good though.  I stil don''t understand why such a good player failed everywhere else.  Did he overperform here and revert to his true level elsehwere.  Was he a big fish in a small pond who couldn''t cope with being ordinary?   Did the team play to his strengths?

Sorry but it''s a real mystery to me.

[quote user="Flying Pastie"]Francis was awesome for us in the promotion season. We wouldn''t have got promoted without him and Holt running over all the midfields in the division and allowing Huckerby to do what he does best. I think it''s sad. Yes he actions were poor towards the end of our time in the premiership, but that''s not going to make me cheer a good player''s premature retirement (to whom we owe a lot). It''s just dumb.

And it''s true what GJP says: we''ve never replaced him.
[/quote]

Agreed