Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Damien Francis... a sad day.

I can''t forgive him for the spineless performance against Fulham and his general stinking attitude towards the end of the season but if we had stayed up then he would have been one of the big reasons. He was a very good player that we have never replaced and played some blinding games for us that''ll remember for a long time. It''s a shame that his career has ended so early but he never seemed to be 100% on the pitch, at any time during his career.

[quote user="Jim Duffy"][quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

Firstly a point to the original poster....you are a ****.

[/quote]

You, sir, are a total idiot.

Francis is/was an horribly overpaid, braindead idiot who, through his criminally unprofessional and deliberate negligence, directly contributed to our relegation from the Premier League. Especially on that terrible day at Craven Cottage. Or have you forgotten that?

Idiot.
[/quote]

Jim, Your driller has just called for roughnecks to the rig floor, Jog on...only 1 idiot on here

I think that Lee Clark was also referring to David Bentley in his speech at the NCISA Meeting  - as mentioned by Barclayboy.

All I remember of Francis in that match is when he let Brian McBride run past him to score Fulham''s first goal. It wasn''t his finest hour in a Norwich shirt.

Not a true city fan? From that previous post you have made it very clear that you dont have a clue about football in general, im not going to get into a debate over whether im a real fan or not because quite frankly I am, I know how Francis played at fulham I was there along with around 6999 other disheartened norwich fans. To say he got us relegated single handedly is ludacris, francis wasnt the only player who played badly that day, he also wasnt at fault for all 6 goals. We lost 18 other games that season a single win in any any of those game would have seen us safe, so to suggest that our top joint goal scorer is the sole reason we got relegated is very naive, and you have just shown your total ignorance.

[quote user="Jim Duffy"][quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

[/quote]

You, sir, are a total idiot.

Francis is/was an horribly overpaid, braindead idiot who, through his criminally unprofessional and deliberate negligence, directly contributed to our relegation from the Premier League. Especially on that terrible day at Craven Cottage. Or have you forgotten that?

Idiot.
[/quote]

B***cks man! What about Green, Ashton, Fleming, Charlton, Bentley? they all played at craven Cottage that day and they all rolled over and died!

those stupid rumours forced first Damien Francis, and then Leon McKenzie out of this football club.. 2 decent players who helped us go uo in the first place.. if you want to blame anyone blame the small minded little C**t with too much time on his hands who made the rumours up in the firts place....

Unlucky Damo! A good player for us... hopefully you will go onto have a decent career off the pitch in whatever you choose to do, in or out of the game.

jas :)

The original post is pathetic. Francis probably had his best days at this club and we cetainly haven''t had an as good attacking and creative CENTRAL (before the Hucks comments!) midfielder as him since he left us. OK he will be remembered for THAT performance against Fulham and his little mistermeaner off the pitch which resulting him walking into a cupboard door! I for one wish the man good luck for the future.

Poor guy, whatever did he do to attract this kind of hatred? He was responsible for getting us relegated according to some, to others he was the pits for not caring and not playing for the team. Well was he alone, even if this were true? Was Damien Francis single handedly responsible for our relegation that day. I think not, the team (as a whole) froze and the pressure got to them. The manager told them not to worry and go out and enjoy the game. We were relegated in all but name far earlier on than the Fulham game.

The off field rumours, whatever they were and whether they were true is irrelevant to the fact that we lost a decent midfielder and have never replaced him. Even with the parachute money and associated money from sellling other players. Where is the Francis replacement?

Tell you what, I would welcome him back tomorrow, and even with his crocked leg he would still be able to boss the current midfield on his own.

[quote user="YGB"]

Not a true city fan? From that previous post you have made it very clear that you dont have a clue about football in general, im not going to get into a debate over whether im a real fan or not because quite frankly I am, I know how Francis played at fulham I was there along with around 6999 other disheartened norwich fans. To say he got us relegated single handedly is ludacris, francis wasnt the only player who played badly that day, he also wasnt at fault for all 6 goals. We lost 18 other games that season a single win in any any of those game would have seen us safe, so to suggest that our top joint goal scorer is the sole reason we got relegated is very naive, and you have just shown your total ignorance.

[/quote]If you had heard Lee Clarks personal and honest opinion of Damien Francis''s performance that game at the NCISA meeting you would be thinking differently my friend. I only i wish i could put a soundbite on here for everyone to hear.Lee Clark spoke at length at the total disust and shameless effort put in by Francis that day, and said that he let the City fans 100% in the worst way. Francis was key that day, if he''d have given is all we''d have probably got the point we needed. But he didnt, he barely put in 10% by what Clark was saying, we may as well played with 10 from the start.His diatribe was shocking, ive never been party to a professional footballer speaking in person in that manner before, and it was amazingly interesting, given that he was speaking about a very sore subject to Norwich fans.He slaughtered Francis, among others, and so my opinion now if the bloke is based solely on Clarks testimony, which by far overshadows any other contribution Francis made to NCFC.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Jim Duffy"][quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

[/quote]You, sir, are a total idiot.Francis is/was an horribly overpaid, braindead idiot who, through his criminally unprofessional and deliberate negligence, directly contributed to our relegation from the Premier League. Especially on that terrible day at Craven Cottage. Or have you forgotten that?Idiot.[/quote]

B***cks man! What about Green, Ashton, Fleming, Charlton, Bentley? they all played at craven Cottage that day and they all rolled over and died!

those stupid rumours forced first Damien Francis, and then Leon McKenzie out of this football club.. 2 decent players who helped us go uo in the first place.. if you want to blame anyone blame the small minded little C**t with too much time on his hands who made the rumours up in the firts place....

Unlucky Damo! A good player for us... hopefully you will go onto have a decent career off the pitch in whatever you choose to do, in or out of the game.

[/quote]JasIm quite certain Lee Clarks diatribe of Francis was not rumour. It was straight from the horses mouth with 100% conviction and honesty.LEE CLARK BLATANTLY SAID FRANCIS STABBED EVERY CITY FAN IN THE BACK THAT DAY WITH HIS SPINELESS PERFORMANCE.FACT.CLARK WAS TALKING ABOUT FRANCIS HAVING TO TELL HIS GRANDKIDS HE ROLLED OVER AND DIED THAT DAY AND WHAT A COWARD HE WAS.FACT.

[quote user="Man-E-Faces"]The original post is pathetic. Francis probably had his best days at this club and we cetainly haven''t had an as good attacking and creative CENTRAL (before the Hucks comments!) midfielder as him since he left us. OK he will be remembered for THAT performance against Fulham and his little mistermeaner off the pitch which resulting him walking into a cupboard door! I for one wish the man good luck for the future.[/quote]theres another point worth mentioning, he shagged McKenzie''s wife did he not? and left 2 kids and a family in tatters. Was that all just rumours? think not.Yep, top bloke.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

Assuming I''m one of the *******s you speak of, my issue with Francis was never the fact that we were relegated and how poorly he played at Fulham that afternoon (Infact I''ve never picked him out as the worst player that day). My issue with him is the dispicable way he and his agent conducted themselves the following summer.

As I recall he got his agent to tout his name about every London-based premiership club citing that he wanted to reurn to a top flight club in his home city. After it was apparant none of these were interested he was then pushed in front of Portsmouth who again turned their nose up at him. 

After this we had the disgraceful refusal to play in a pre-season match at Colchester followed by the Inter Milan match where his every touch was booed.

Obviously realising there was no turning back, his desire to move back to London was strangley forgotton about and he ended up 250 miles away at Wigan.

I''ve supported this club for 30 years during which time I''ve seen plenty of our best player move on, so I''m hardly naive enough to think that this doesn''t happen. I however struggle to remember it happening before in such a petulant and dispicable manner in which Francis'' did it.

[/quote]

As the ''original poster'' who has received some stick for starting this post, I will re-iterate once again (see above) that my issue with Francis has never been that Fulham game, as he was in fairly good (or bad) company that day.

The issue I have is what happened afterwards. With the likes of Ashton and Earnshaw -a club puts a bid in , we accept, they are sold.

I can never remember another player leaving Carrow Road before as a result of him instructing his agent to peddle him around every club in the premier league as he was so desparate to leave the club.

Remember he was only here for two years,after plucking him from playing in front of 2500 people at Wimbledon, during which time he won a championship winners medal and played in the premiership,before wanting to move - hardly makes him a Forebs or a Keelan does it?

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Poor guy, whatever did he do to attract this kind of hatred? He was responsible for getting us relegated according to some, to others he was the pits for not caring and not playing for the team. Well was he alone, even if this were true? Was Damien Francis single handedly responsible for our relegation that day. I think not, the team (as a whole) froze and the pressure got to them. The manager told them not to worry and go out and enjoy the game. We were relegated in all but name far earlier on than the Fulham game.

The off field rumours, whatever they were and whether they were true is irrelevant to the fact that we lost a decent midfielder and have never replaced him. Even with the parachute money and associated money from sellling other players. Where is the Francis replacement?

Tell you what, I would welcome him back tomorrow, and even with his crocked leg he would still be able to boss the current midfield on his own.[/quote]Francis 100% did not freeze, and the pressure did not get to him. That might be true of others but if thats what you want to believe about Francis then your entitled to your opinion, of course. But with respect my friend your ill informed. Lee Clark would completely disagree and he would and did say that Francis simply didnt care cause he knew as city''s best player he''d be off.Weve all done it on a Sunday morning, when your 8-0 down when only 10 of yer turn up, with 30 mins to go you do tend to give up somewhat. Francis did this at 1-0 that day. Lee Clarks words, not mine. And he played right there next to him in that match.

[quote user="Steve Hopkins"]Some of you ''fans'' should be ashamed of yourselves. No doubt on the same level of moron as the Spurs ''fans'' launching abuse at Sol Campbell the other week.

Damo did an amazing job for us during the promotion season and was one of the stand out players during the Premiership season as well. Would absolutely love to have a player like him in the midfield now. This is really sad news and I have all the sympathy in the world for the guy. Always worked hard and gave total commitment on the pitch. Now his career is over I''m sure he looks back at his few seasons with us and the time after with Wigan as the pinnacle of his career. No doubt he will regret the way he left us but that''s football, sometimes things have to get a little messy.

Wish him all the best for the future whatever he decides to do.

[/quote]

That''s an interesting quote, In reality what Sol Campbell did to Spurs by joining Arsenal on a bosman is exactly the same as what Andy Marshall did to us !, Are you saying that Marshall hasn''t deserved any of the stick he''s got over the past seven years everytime we''ve played them?

I seriously doubt that Spurs'' fans were singing anything different or more abusive than at any other time since Campbell left them. - media hype !

I take it you were at that meeting Barclayman. At no time did Lee Clarke mention any player''s name while referring to the Fulham game, what he said was that it was the easiest game he had played in that season and that the team let us down, that means 11 of them. He then went on to mention that a team under his leadership would not do the same thing.

As for the NCISA meetings in general, I have been to most of them, and Lee Clarke is not alone for voicing his opinion, for that is what it was at the end of the day. Several other speakers have held equally candid views on our club, much like the supporters in general.

No, not sad that he''s had to retire, this is a classic tale of footballing karma !.

No, the real sadness here is that this traitor will never appear at Carrow Road again to get what was surely coming his way, possibly the most hostile recption of any former player ever to return.

Tradgedy.

http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/sport/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=sport&itemid=NOED03%20Oct%202008%2018%3A40%3A31%3A970

[/quote]

I dont feel any sympathy for the W****R ....let us down and sneaked out ........................like GJL said "Karma"

I dont wish ill on anyone, especially not bad health.

However as good a player as Francis may have been , I do not respect him as a person.

He was disrepectful and disloyal to NCFC when they were paying his (probably very high) wages.

He was entitled to want away, but while here he should have behaved like the professional he was being paid to be.

Personally I think he behaved like a spoiled brat.

[quote user="alykanas"]

I dont wish ill on anyone, especially not bad health.

However as good a player as Francis may have been , I do not respect him as a person.

He was disrepectful and disloyal to NCFC when they were paying his (probably very high) wages.

He was entitled to want away, but while here he should have behaved like the professional he was being paid to be.

Personally I think he behaved like a spoiled brat.

[/quote]

I think you''ve summed up my feelings quite well.

I dont wish harm on anyone, but Francis didnt cover himself in glory on that fateful day, and coupled with his and his agents later actions i dont think he treated NCFC all that well. He was a good player for us mostly, shame he let himself down. 

Out of interest who else did Clark mention individually when talking about our performance at Fulham?

[quote user="Steve Hopkins"]Some of you ''fans'' should be ashamed of yourselves. No doubt on the same level of moron as the Spurs ''fans'' launching abuse at Sol Campbell the other week. Damo did an amazing job for us during the promotion season and was one of the stand out players during the Premiership season as well. Would absolutely love to have a player like him in the midfield now. This is really sad news and I have all the sympathy in the world for the guy. Always worked hard and gave total commitment on the pitch. Now his career is over I''m sure he looks back at his few seasons with us and the time after with Wigan as the pinnacle of his career. No doubt he will regret the way he left us but that''s football, sometimes things have to get a little messy.Wish him all the best for the future whatever he decides to do.

[/quote]

That''s an interesting quote, In reality what Sol Campbell did to Spurs by joining Arsenal on a bosman is exactly the same as what Andy Marshall did to us !, Are you saying that Marshall hasn''t deserved any of the stick he''s got over the past seven years everytime we''ve played them?

I seriously doubt that Spurs'' fans were singing anything different or more abusive than at any other time since Campbell left them. - media hype !

[/quote]Mate, you could hear the chants on Sky hoping he would ''die of aids'' and ''hang from a tree''. It''s unacceptable. Banter is good fun and part and parcel of the game but plain abuse is disgraceful from grown men. Wishing death or disease on any footballer for wanting to play for a rival club is something I cannot comprehend.

Some peoples views are here are a disgrace. Damien Francis is arguably NCFC''s best midfielder in the last ten years and a key member of our best side, would we have ever got promoted without him? and how many goals did he score in our premiership team in a struggling side?!. Oh to have a midfielder that could score ten goals a season now, Fozzy wont reach that in his career and some people still thinks hes something special!.

People who are slagging him off are out of order the guy only wanted to further his careers FFS!, we have never replaced Damien at the club and I for one am sad to hear this news.

I salute you Damien for your time at the club and believe you were a top player, all the best for the future whatever you decide to do.......

[/quote]Sol Sol wherever you maybeYou''re not far from lunacyBut we don''t give a f*ck if you''re hanging from a tree''Cos you''re a judas c*nt with HIVPretty disgusting I''m sure you''ll agree. Or maybe you think we should prepare something similar for the next time Andy Marshall plays against us [^o)]

[quote user="Gazza"]

Some peoples views are here are a disgrace. Damien Francis is arguably NCFC''s best midfielder in the last ten years and a key member of our best side, would we have ever got promoted without him? and how many goals did he score in our premiership team in a struggling side?!. Oh to have a midfielder that could score ten goals a season now, Fozzy wont reach that in his career and some people still thinks hes something special!.

People who are slagging him off are out of order the guy only wanted to further his careers FFS!, we have never replaced Damien at the club and I for one am sad to hear this news.

I salute you Damien for your time at the club and believe you were a top player, all the best for the future whatever you decide to do.......

[/quote]

So you think the way he orchestrated his exit from the club was correct?  Yes he wanted to further his career and probably didnt have much emotional attachment for the club having only been here 2 years, but there is better ways of dealing with it than whoring yourself out to any Premiership club wanting to listen and totally disrespecting your current club.

He was a good player in the promotion season and some of our season in the Premiership, but his attitude stunk at the end of that season and it stunk all the way to preseason until he got the transfer he wanted!

[quote user="SWP Poor Mans Ruel Fox"][quote user="Gazza"]

[/quote]

So you think the way he orchestrated his exit from the club was correct?  Yes he wanted to further his career and probably didnt have much emotional attachment for the club having only been here 2 years, but there is better ways of dealing with it than whoring yourself out to any Premiership club wanting to listen and totally disrespecting your current club.

He was a good player in the promotion season and some of our season in the Premiership, but his attitude stunk at the end of that season and it stunk all the way to preseason until he got the transfer he wanted!

[/quote]

That''s true but it doesn''t really justify any of the abuse he''s getting.

Incidentally, what is it about talented promising players who leave Norwich and then go onto becoming either crocked for 95% of the time or end up retiring? Eadie, O''Neill, now Francis, Bellamy''s a bit of a sicknote and Ashton seems to be heading the same way, can anyone think of anymore?

Francis was the best midfielder our club has had since Crooky.

He was an integral part of our Championship winning side and everything we done that was good during our short stay in the Premiership.

oh for a player like Francis now hey???

This continual downbeating of quality football stars who moved on from our club because those in the boardroom shown no ambition to keep them, says it all about many of our fans and why our club directors find so many excuses to hold the club back.

[quote user="Smudger"]

Francis was the best midfielder our club has had since Crooky.

He was an integral part of our Championship winning side and everything we done that was good during our short stay in the Premiership.

oh for a player like Francis now hey???

This continual downbeating of quality football stars who moved on from our club because those in the boardroom shown no ambition to keep them, says it all about many of our fans and why our club directors find so many excuses to hold the club back.

[/quote]

Exactly - he had the ambition to improve himself, and we couldn''t offer that ambition to match his. What''s all the fuss about?

The fuss is about a player who had ambition to improve only himself and his over inflated ego.

When he ran out on to the pitch at Craven Cottage he was playing for a premier league club who only needed one win to stay in the league.

Where was his ambition to win the match and stay in the prem on that day?

He was so keen to get away that he surrendered his position as a professional on that day.

You guys who are praising him have no pride or self worth.

[quote user="alykanas"]

The fuss is about a player who had ambition to improve only himself and his over inflated ego.

When he ran out on to the pitch at Craven Cottage he was playing for a premier league club who only needed one win to stay in the league.

He was so keen to get away that he surrendered his position as a professional on that day.

[/quote]

Hardly praising him! He wasn''t the only one who let us down that day FFS.

[quote user="alykanas"]

[/quote]

heres a question for you.. see if you an answer it honestly...

Was Damien Francis the ONLY player on the pitch that day?

If you answer yes then your a prat.. if you answer no then what about the other 10 players who let us down? why are they free from criticism?

Great original post. Footballing karma indeed. I am very happy. I not only hate him for the way he actively done his best to make sure we were relegated to help aid his move to a London Premiership club, but for what he did to McKenzie. Complete twat.