Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Pecker

Now i the time for the Board to stand down

The playing personnel have changed over the past three seasons and so have the coaching staff. Backroom employees have mostly gone. Turner''s have decided to call it quits. And we are in a downward spiral.

There has been one constant in all of this, and that is the City Board.

However committed or well-meaning they might be, the Board must now realise that the buck stops with them.

To Delia - pick up the phone and call Peter Cullum. Invite him to take over and then leave the premises. Turn off the lights on your way out.

If you care about this club ''GO NOW''

I have nothing against them but yoiu are right. The club very clearly needs fresh blood and a new vision and all institutions mirror their heads...the time for revival is NOW

You could go further... the current regime has been in charge for over 10 years now and in that time we have had TWO decent seasons. One when went to the Play-off Final and the Other when we were promoted! The rest have in most cases been dire and ther has been only one constant in all that time!!! The current owners!

I''ve even given to not getting worked up on a Saturday now..or even paying much attention to the scores...its too depressing! I''ve got better things to do in my life!

Agreed time to go, should have been before now but would PC want to invest now?

I have to agree with the OP. The performance of Roeder and the players is merely symptomatic of a more chronic malaise within the club. It''s been going on for years now with a brief hiatus for the play off and promotion season. We could have Alex Ferguson as manager and he''d still struggle with the kind of resources we have at our disposal - all despite the fact that we are the best supported team in the league. The Championship has changed over the past decade in that it''s no longer enough to have a minor millionaire in charge which leaves Cullum as the only option.

[quote user="Wighty"]They won''t stand down. They''re hardly under pressure from all these ''Board Outers''.
[/quote]

Very true... as I have said in all this time, the only ''board out'' chants I have heard and the only pressure our directors have come under were from my own mouth...

When firstly I protested loudly (for one person) after the Wolves home game a year or two ago now, and then I challenged MWJ directly outside the main entrance to the City Stand and was abruptly told to pi$$ off by HRH Wyn Jones.

So all of you lot... stop complaining, or do something about it...

Because at the moment you are getting exactly what you have asked for!!!

[quote user="Wighty"]Perhaps you can answer  this for me, Smudger: if the Board-Outers are strong in number, where are they all?
[/quote]i''m here!!!!!![:@][:@]

wel instead of messaging on here lets do something to demonstrate this at the ground. saying it on here will do nothing. they need to hear what we need to say

[quote user="row"]wel instead of messaging on here lets do something to demonstrate this at the ground. saying it on here will do nothing. they need to hear what we need to say[/quote]My sentiments exactly, row. TO WAR!!!

Prudence-even deeper in debt with no saleable player assets

Ambition- yeh right

its time for the cook and her cronies to get out now-we are becoming a laughing stock.

Smith lovers step forward and defend what is happening to our club.

today, was a black saturday for all of us-how many more must we endure?

[quote user="seat124"]

Prudence-even deeper in debt with no saleable player assets

Ambition- yeh right

its time for the cook and her cronies to get out now-we are becoming a laughing stock.

Smith lovers step forward and defend what is happening to our club.

today, was a black saturday for all of us-how many more must we endure?

[/quote]And it''s an entirely useless opposition that is letting her get away with it!

[quote user="Wighty"]What good are you here? Why aren''t you and your fellow millitants down at Carrow Road now demanding change?
[/quote]

My point exactly Wighty... [Y]

Hundreds if not thousands of them about on here, or when you meet them face to face over a pint in the City... but where are this spineless lot when it comes to voicing there concerns when and where it really matters?

For those of you who don''t lnow when that time is... then I would suggest either 2:30pm and 4:50pm on a Saturday afternoon wherever NCFC might be trying to play football that afternoon.

Doubtless there are many Board-Outers around here but I feel it is organisation rather than numbers that is making their cause so easily ignored. The only way for a cause such as this is to gain any momentum is through careful organisation and planning. Perhaps when this is kicked started the board will begin to take notice.

I think the key is to be forceful yet not millitant. Angry supporters swearing at them only provokes a response which puts them off wanting to talk to them personally. Who can blame them? Perhaps if a more moderate form of opposition was organised the powers that be might be more inclined to discuss things with them.

A good starting point would be the AGM.

If board-outers organised themselves by sitting together in a block, preparing questions that need to be asked, and more importantly, having the followup question since you know already what they will say.

1. Why did they not mention PC''s approach at the time of the last GM?

2. Why was PCs offer not in the best interests of the club?

3. Why did they refuse to meet PC directly after his public, second approach?

4. Why do they now not pick up the phone and call PC?

5. Why did the Turners quit?

6. Why has Ms. Smith made public statements that have no basis in fact (RNS, no investors etc)

7. Why have the major shareholders converted loans into shareholdings? Is this to maximise their holdings value?

8. Why did they value the last sale of shares at 30 pounds per share whem most Champ clubs are declining in value?

9. How much did they budget to make from the land deals and how have they changed the valuation in the light of the credit-crunch?

10. Do they accept that property speculation was a false strategy in the light of falling property values?

I''m sure that others could add a whole lot more to this list.

Ms. Smith is the most vunerable board member and if a concerted effort was focussed on her, I''m sure she would not be able to stand a barrage of questions.

[quote user="Wighty"]Perhaps you can answer  this for me, Smudger: if the Board-Outers are strong in number, where are they all?
[/quote]

Probably apathy....and the same reason why a dodgy bloke has returned as a Labour saviour.....

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Wighty"]They won''t stand down. They''re hardly under pressure from all these ''Board Outers''.
[/quote]

Very true... as I have said in all this time, the only ''board out'' chants I have heard and the only pressure our directors have come under were from my own mouth...

When firstly I protested loudly (for one person) after the Wolves home game a year or two ago now, and then I challenged MWJ directly outside the main entrance to the City Stand and was abruptly told to pi$$ off by HRH Wyn Jones.

[/quote]

Smudger, I think that you are going about this the wrong way (and, please note, I agree with you that we need a change at the top). The days of the Chase-out style protest are gone; it ain''t gonna happen. It''s the forums such as the supporter groups'' meetings and the shareholders meetings at which the Board can be put on the spot.

In addition, chants at the games are not going to help the players - no matter how poor they are - they can''t help their level of ability.  

[quote user="C T wants the board out"]

this deserves to be bumped imo

[/quote]

This deserves to be pinned to the top oif the board and pasted on the back or the front page of the EDP imo CT.

We are a laughing stock?

Why are we a laughing stock?  Because our fans have let our board members get away with murder for far too long!!!

[quote user="LinkNR9"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Smudger, I think that you are going about this the wrong way (and, please note, I agree with you that we need a change at the top). The days of the Chase-out style protest are gone; it ain''t gonna happen. It''s the forums such as the supporter groups'' meetings and the shareholders meetings at which the Board can be put on the spot.

In addition, chants at the games are not going to help the players - no matter how poor they are - they can''t help their level of ability.  

[/quote]

So why have they not been put on the spot, when they have been questioned (quite directly at times) during these forums, on the message boards and in shareholders meetings during the last couple of years NR9???

Didn''t take the Newcastle fans long to get their own way over the Ashley debacle did it???

I would say there is a place for /board out'' chants at games and the level of abuse that Chase got to be directed at our current board.

It is our failure to do this which means they will quite happily sit there and continue to rip the fans off!!!

[quote user="Yellow Hammer"]A good starting point would be the AGM. If board-outers organised themselves by sitting together in a block, preparing questions that need to be asked, and more importantly, having the followup question since you know already what they will say. 1. Why did they not mention PC''s approach at the time of the last GM? 2. Why was PCs offer not in the best interests of the club? 3. Why did they refuse to meet PC directly after his public, second approach? 4. Why do they now not pick up the phone and call PC? 5. Why did the Turners quit? 6. Why has Ms. Smith made public statements that have no basis in fact (RNS, no investors etc) 7. Why have the major shareholders converted loans into shareholdings? Is this to maximise their holdings value? 8. Why did they value the last sale of shares at 30 pounds per share whem most Champ clubs are declining in value? 9. How much did they budget to make from the land deals and how have they changed the valuation in the light of the credit-crunch? 10. Do they accept that property speculation was a false strategy in the light of falling property values? I''m sure that others could add a whole lot more to this list. Ms. Smith is the most vunerable board member and if a concerted effort was focussed on her, I''m sure she would not be able to stand a barrage of questions.[/quote]

Why ask questions YH?

You are only going to get the same old answers from Doncaster, Mumbles & Co... you all know they talk in riddles like politicians and fail to answer any question which is aimed at them.

Why not have a group go to the AGM and just sing sack the board all the way through it???

At least then they would get the message.

We all know they don''t listen to us... so they just need telling that we want them to go!!!

[quote user="Wighty"]I think the key is to be forceful yet not millitant. Angry supporters swearing at them only provokes a response which puts them off wanting to talk to them personally. Who can blame them? Perhaps if a more moderate form of opposition was organised the powers that be might be more inclined to discuss things with them.
[/quote]

U mean more of the same plop that we have had for the last couple of year Wighty?

That will never get rid of them.

They have never listenend to what the fans have had to say.

If I go to the AGM and take the microphone I will be starting a board out chant and hurling a few obscenities in Delia & Co''s direction.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Wighty"]I think the key is to be forceful yet not millitant. Angry supporters swearing at them only provokes a response which puts them off wanting to talk to them personally. Who can blame them? Perhaps if a more moderate form of opposition was organised the powers that be might be more inclined to discuss things with them.
[/quote]

U mean more of the same plop that we have had for the last couple of year Wighty?

That will never get rid of them.

They have never listenend to what the fans have had to say.

If I go to the AGM and take the microphone I will be starting a board out chant and hurling a few obscenities in Delia & Co''s direction.

[/quote]

You don''t have to worry about protests, they will be gone by the time players return from the international break.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="C T wants the board out"]

this deserves to be bumped imo

[/quote]

This deserves to be pinned to the top oif the board and pasted on the back or the front page of the EDP imo CT.

We are a laughing stock?

Why are we a laughing stock?  Because our fans have let our board members get away with murder for far too long!!!

[/quote]

I''d love to see someone disagree with you Smudger. I certainly agree!

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Yellow Hammer"]A good starting point would be the AGM. If board-outers organised themselves by sitting together in a block, preparing questions that need to be asked, and more importantly, having the followup question since you know already what they will say. 1. Why did they not mention PC''s approach at the time of the last GM? 2. Why was PCs offer not in the best interests of the club? 3. Why did they refuse to meet PC directly after his public, second approach? 4. Why do they now not pick up the phone and call PC? 5. Why did the Turners quit? 6. Why has Ms. Smith made public statements that have no basis in fact (RNS, no investors etc) 7. Why have the major shareholders converted loans into shareholdings? Is this to maximise their holdings value? 8. Why did they value the last sale of shares at 30 pounds per share whem most Champ clubs are declining in value? 9. How much did they budget to make from the land deals and how have they changed the valuation in the light of the credit-crunch? 10. Do they accept that property speculation was a false strategy in the light of falling property values? I''m sure that others could add a whole lot more to this list. Ms. Smith is the most vunerable board member and if a concerted effort was focussed on her, I''m sure she would not be able to stand a barrage of questions.[/quote]

Why ask questions YH?

You are only going to get the same old answers from Doncaster, Mumbles & Co... you all know they talk in riddles like politicians and fail to answer any question which is aimed at them.

Why not have a group go to the AGM and just sing sack the board all the way through it???

At least then they would get the message.

We all know they don''t listen to us... so they just need telling that we want them to go!!!

[/quote]

Smudger, I agree with you that the way to go is to organize as a group at the AGM. If the indiviuals are scattered among the audience then they are easy targets for the beige-cardigan duffers encouraged by the suits on the stage. By sitting together a protest will be more focussed.

As to the form of the protest, I suggest begin with questioning the board and pressing them further if the answers are unsatisfactory. The idea should be to build up the pressure on Ms. Smith, whom I suspect is most vunerable to sustained questioning. If the Board tries to stifle the opposition then I suggest that is the time to deploy your tactics.

YH