Sign in to follow this  
Hoolahan? Youlahan!

Roeder In The Stands

I''d like to attempt to shed some light on the whole "how does Glenn lead the team from the stands" debate.I sit on the front row of the City Stand, season ticket, right next to the dugout. Our in-match management system works like this:Lee Clark: Stays in the technical area and commands the team as he sees fit.Glenn Roeder: Is in the stands surveying the play, and should he see something not occurring as he would like, he has an earpiece connection to:Paul Stephenson: Who then relays the message to Clark, and he passes it on to the team. Stephenson is also in charge of sending the subs off to warm up and briefing them on the role they will play before they go on. Again, Stephenson probably asks Glenn what he wants Player X to do, but I hope he isn''t that clueless :P

Ive heard GR''s explanation for sitting in the stands and although it''s against my way of thinking, I could almost accept it, if he was a successful manager but he clearly isn''t, he''s a failure, If sitting in the dugout is good enough for Sir Alex and good enough for Marty O''Neill [MBE] it''s good enough for an abject shitehawk like GR.Coming down from the stands when things are going wrong is already too late! stay in the dugout and make sure things are going right! and while I''m at it, at least have the decency to wear a f@ckin tracksuit, may not make you a better manager but at least you will look like one!!