Sign in to follow this  
Bristol Canary

Norwich City "Fans" on this board....

Mr. Carrow, do you think the FACT that Norwich City continues to be so well supported is evidence that more intelligent and open-minded supporters than you have already taken into account that a) owning and running a football business is a precarious venture at best and b) all clubs, in their quest to best position their communication have some degree of PR that some fans will regard as spin.

I think Nigel asks a good question as to what you hope to achieve. While you think you have answered his question in terms of your objective, I am honestly not sure you have looked deeper as to what you ultimately hope to achieve by constantly hammering away on the same basis. Is there anyone who is not aware of your point of view in financial matters by now? I would venture that most supporters ( and I include the majority owners in this ) would hope that we can see new, wealthy ownership that can give us a leg up to get back to the top level. Until that happens, however, doesn''t it make more sense for everyone to get behind the bus and support the club in all areas until a new direction comes along.

Look at what has occurred at Newcastle. I read the article regarding the recent journalists meeting with Joe Kinnear and the barrage of expletives Joe used. What the devil was he thinking and what in heaven are Newcastle as a club thinking to allow things to get to such a state. If great players from their past such as Stan Seymour and Jackie Milburn could see the animosity that ripples through those associated with the club on all levels today, particularly the fans, I think they would turn over in their grave.

YC, i will be at the game today shouting myself hoarse in support of the team hoping that we can go into the break with a win.  I know at least 10 others who will be doing the same and they all have big issues with the way the club has been run in recent years.

City and Newcastle are at opposite ends of the spectrum in my book.  We endlessly prevaricate and stroke our chins whilst the club declines, they quickly protest on masse and make their views quite clear.  Which is better or worse i`m not sure; i doubt if Newcastle will end up where we are now and if a new owner takes over soon and fans get their wish to have Keegan reinstated, the togetherness engendered could see them do very well.

But of course there is a middle ground- people who are passionate about their club and support the team on the pitch but feel they have the right (responsibility?) to question club policies which seem to have instigated a downward spiral.  And that`s where i sit IMO.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

YC, i will be at the game today shouting myself hoarse in support of the team hoping that we can go into the break with a win.  I know at least 10 others who will be doing the same and they all have big issues with the way the club has been run in recent years.

City and Newcastle are at opposite ends of the spectrum in my book.  We endlessly prevaricate and stroke our chins whilst the club declines, they quickly protest on masse and make their views quite clear.  Which is better or worse i`m not sure; i doubt if Newcastle will end up where we are now and if a new owner takes over soon and fans get their wish to have Keegan reinstated, the togetherness engendered could see them do very well.

But of course there is a middle ground- people who are passionate about their club and support the team on the pitch but feel they have the right (responsibility?) to question club policies which seem to have instigated a downward spiral.  And that`s where i sit IMO.

[/quote]

Then you and the 10 others are all stupid Mr.Carrow

Have you not learnt yet, that nothing will change until you voice your concerns on a Saturday afternoon at Carrow Road???

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

Have you not learnt yet, that nothing will change until you voice your concerns on a Saturday afternoon at Carrow Road???

[/quote]

I went from being a season-ticket holder who bought shares, bricks in the new stand and merchandise, to someone who has given a grand total of £24 to the club in over two seasons because i don`t want to see my money buy another useless chunk of land or multi-storey carpark.  I do know alot of season-ticket holders who go on holiday though......

My protest is a financial one.  I went through the Chase out protests and suffered abuse from fellow "supporters" who told us to shut up and concentrate on the footy, just like they do now.  Of course all those people were ecstatic when Delia took over and were too thick to understand the hypocrisy of their stance.  Smudger, the majority of Norwich fans are either not too bright or just go along for nice day out- i work with some who couldn`t name another board member other than Delia.  These people are getting what they deserve and there`s no way i`m doing their hard work for them again, it`s just a shame that the clubs more clued-up, passionate fans are having to suffer too.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I went from being a season-ticket holder who bought shares, bricks in the new stand and merchandise, to someone who has given a grand total of £24 to the club in over two seasons because i don`t want to see my money buy another useless chunk of land or multi-storey carpark.  I do know alot of season-ticket holders who go on holiday though......

My protest is a financial one.  I went through the Chase out protests and suffered abuse from fellow "supporters" who told us to shut up and concentrate on the footy, just like they do now.  Of course all those people were ecstatic when Delia took over and were too thick to understand the hypocrisy of their stance.  Smudger, the majority of Norwich fans are either not too bright or just go along for nice day out- i work with some who couldn`t name another board member other than Delia.  These people are getting what they deserve and there`s no way i`m doing their hard work for them again, it`s just a shame that the clubs more clued-up, passionate fans are having to suffer too.

[/quote]

But Smudgers not telling you shut up and concentrate on the football is he Mr Carrow. Smudger is telling you that you are stupid. Read what''s written and reply to that. Your financial protest, just like your keyboard protest, goes pretty much un-noticed while others are clamouring to spend the few hundred pounds you are holding back.

Were you ecstatic when Delia took over? A lot of people weren''t you know. There was a lot of discontent when she took over. And it didn''t stop right from 1998 until the last few games of the 2001/2 season. We then had 3 seasons of "isn''t everything wonderful" until we lost to Fulham. Then we had 18 months of "Delia''s still wonderful but Worthy''s the anti-christ" before Delia once again became the target of the "keyboard/financial warriors".

I would imagine soon you will get what you want and a new board will take over. Will they ultimately behave any differently to any other board who have run the club over the last 50 years? I very much doubt it. But if we do get that change what will be left for you to moan about if things don''t improve?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But Smudgers not telling you shut up and concentrate on the football is he Mr Carrow. Smudger is telling you that you are stupid. Read what''s written and reply to that. Your financial protest, just like your keyboard protest, goes pretty much un-noticed while others are clamouring to spend the few hundred pounds you are holding back.

Were you ecstatic when Delia took over? A lot of people weren''t you know. There was a lot of discontent when she took over. And it didn''t stop right from 1998 until the last few games of the 2001/2 season. We then had 3 seasons of "isn''t everything wonderful" until we lost to Fulham. Then we had 18 months of "Delia''s still wonderful but Worthy''s the anti-christ" before Delia once again became the target of the "keyboard/financial warriors".

I would imagine soon you will get what you want and a new board will take over. Will they ultimately behave any differently to any other board who have run the club over the last 50 years? I very much doubt it. But if we do get that change what will be left for you to moan about if things don''t improve?

[/quote]

Well put Nutty.

If Smudger and his pals think shouting "......." out will make a scrap of difference when there is millions being played with then they are at best very naive.

Chase went not because of protests but behind the scenes dealing.

When the money is agreed (over the nest week or two) then a new board will appear and .........Don''t know what will happen next. One can only hope improvement on the pitch but no guarantees. Smudger can go back up his tree for a month or two, dropping down to ground level to grub for his peanuts and emerge at the next crisis to have his penny worth on how someone elses millions are spent. Ho Hum

"There was alot of discontent when Delia took over".  Yeah, of course there was.  There really is no bullsh*t you wouldn`t stoop to is there nutty?

"Chase left because of behind the scenes dealings".  Yes he did, that`s because he`d had enough of the protests.  The quote from his own mouth was something like "I can take it all, it`s water off a ducks back, but when it started to effect my family- enough was enough".

Honestly, you two are exactly what i`m talking about in my earlier post- too thick to get a grip on reality.

Anyways, i`m off to sunny Croatia- have a lovely two weeks.....[:)] [ap] [ip]

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

"There was alot of discontent when Delia took over".  Yeah, of course there was.  There really is no bullsh*t you wouldn`t stoop to is there nutty?

"Chase left because of behind the scenes dealings".  Yes he did, that`s because he`d had enough of the protests.  The quote from his own mouth was something like "I can take it all, it`s water off a ducks back, but when it started to effect my family- enough was enough".

Honestly, you two are exactly what i`m talking about in my earlier post- too thick to get a grip on reality.

[/quote]

Thanks for that Mr Carrow.. being called thick by a half-wit like you really is like water off a ducks back [:|]

But yes there was an awful lot of discontent when Delia took over. Discontent when she sacked Walker, discontent when she appointed Hamilton, discontent when she appointed Bob The Grocer. It only stopped in 2002. Facts are bullsh*t in your world aren''t they.

Anyway, as arrogant and rude as you are I bear you no ill-will so have a good holiday [Y]

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Financial protests are just a drop in the ocean to them though Mr.Carrow

Financial protests will not hurt them in the slightest until it is far too late.

In my opinion any fan who can''t for one reason or another seem to be able to voice their concerns about the board on a Saturday afternoon is getting exactly what they deserve.

How can you differentiate between those people who are tut, tut, tutting and those people who are simply too idle or scared to do anything about the situation?

It baffles me... [8-)]

I think as time as passed I have more respect for somebody who would now come on here and say that they openly support Delia & Co.

What I do not have respect for is those who try and claim that they are sat on the fence (I''m sorry but I don''t buy that), or people who for one reason or another see that it is ok to grumble on and on here or at other forums but fail to voice any of these concerns come Saturday at Carrow Road when the board members and media are within earhsot.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

Spot on there Mr.Carrow, exactly 100% those were the words that Mr. Chase himself gave behind why he left. [Y]

Calling Mr.Chase a liar are we Nutster and The Butler???

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

Thanks for that Mr Carrow.. being called thick by a half-wit like you really is like water off a ducks back [:|]

But yes there was an awful lot of discontent when Delia took over. Discontent when she sacked Walker, discontent when she appointed Hamilton, discontent when she appointed Bob The Grocer. It only stopped in 2002. Facts are bullsh*t in your world aren''t they.

Anyway, as arrogant and rude as you are I bear you no ill-will so have a good holiday [Y]

[/quote]

If the Darth kicked you in the nuts, Delia shoved a stale pie in your face, Roger stubbed a ciggy out on your forehead and Foulger buried you up to your neck in rotten chicken carcasses.....You''d still love ''em to bits and go back for more....

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

Spot on there Mr.Carrow, exactly 100% those were the words that Mr. Chase himself gave behind why he left. [Y]

Calling Mr.Chase a liar are we Nutster and The Butler???

[/quote]

Where did I mention Big Bob Smudger? You need to keep to things you know something about and the history of Norwich City Football Club is not your strongest subject is it my friend. What I said was that there was a lot of discontent when Delia took over right up until the last few months of 2001/2.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If the Darth kicked you in the nuts, Delia shoved a stale pie in your face, Roger stubbed a ciggy out on your forehead and Foulger buried you up to your neck in rotten chicken carcasses.....You''d still love ''em to bits and go back for more....

[/quote]

Where as you''d smile sweetly at them, pretend it didn''t hurt, come home to your safe little keyboard and pretend you''re like Smudger [:|]

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

hahaha I think he would MELLO... but he sure as hell wouldn''t admit it on here would he??? [:D]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Where as you''d smile sweetly at them, pretend it didn''t hurt, come home to your safe little keyboard and pretend you''re like Smudger [:|]

[/quote]

How could Mello ever be like me Nutty... sitting up there with em and sharing their broken biccies???

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

hahaha I think he would MELLO... but he sure as hell wouldn''t admit it on here would he??? [:D]

[/quote]

Well done Smudge.. safety in numbers [Y]

Now call Mello stupid like you did Mr Carrow[:^)]

Two bullies are better than one..

Keep it coming lads [:|]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You''re a board apologist....Certainly not a fence-sitter. That is all.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Maybe in your world of Worthy Out and Keep The Faith. You do love your little gangs on here don''t you mello. I say what I think and stand by what I believe. It''s everyones right. I only sit on the fence over things I know nothing about. Otherwise I have an opinion and will give it, both on here or in person. I have never sat on the fence about this board. I have always said that I believe they are doing the best they can but in doing that have made mistakes. The only reason we disagree is because I won''t join in the witch hunts or make up stuff to discredit them. I never sat on the fence about Worthy either. I kept saying he was doing a good job under the financial restraints he had to work under. Yet you Delia lovers and apologists of that time called me an apologist then too. Funny now you agree with what I was saying. I think you love being involved in a popular vendetta especially on an internet message board [:|]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well done Smudge.. safety in numbers [Y]

Now call Mello stupid like you did Mr Carrow[:^)]

Two bullies are better than one..

Keep it coming lads [:|]

[/quote]

Ahh bless you Nutty...

So I''m a bully then now am I?

The person who has stood on their own in all of this is a bully?

I just had a dig at Mello... because I bet he gets more opportunity than most to air his grievances when sharing a hob-nob with our cuddly twins from Suffolk.

I had a dig at Mr.Carrow too because he too could air his views in a way in which they could really be heard.

That is the one point where I have agreed with yourself for an awful long time... too many people prepared to comment on here, other online forums and Radio Norfolk, but nobody prepared to stand up and air them in a way that could make a difference.

I think the fact that both Mello and Mr.Carrow have failed to bite back is maybe they realise their is a lot of truth in that also?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Maybe in your world of Worthy Out and Keep The Faith. You do love your little gangs on here don''t you mello. I say what I think and stand by what I believe. It''s everyones right. I only sit on the fence over things I know nothing about. Otherwise I have an opinion and will give it, both on here or in person. I have never sat on the fence about this board. I have always said that I believe they are doing the best they can but in doing that have made mistakes. The only reason we disagree is because I won''t join in the witch hunts or make up stuff to discredit them. I never sat on the fence about Worthy either. I kept saying he was doing a good job under the financial restraints he had to work under. Yet you Delia lovers and apologists of that time called me an apologist then too. Funny now you agree with what I was saying. I think you love being involved in a popular vendetta especially on an internet message board [:|]

[/quote]

and as for me?  I just crave being the centre of attention don''t I Nutty?

I just can''t think of anything better to do with my time can I???

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

You will never be that person you long to be Smudger. You will never be Citizen Smudge leader of the Carrow Popular Front. Because, like so many on here you are far too interested in personalities rather than issues. If you spent a little more time trying to understand the issues rather than concentrating on the personalities you may persuade a few more to join your protest.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

You will never be that person you long to be Smudger. You will never be Citizen Smudge leader of the Carrow Popular Front. Because, like so many on here you are far too interested in personalities rather than issues. If you spent a little more time trying to understand the issues rather than concentrating on the personalities you may persuade a few more to join your protest.

[/quote]

hahaha biggest load of cobblers I have heard all year Nutty... you really haven''t weighed me up at all yet have you?

Smudger is never interested in personalities, he has a big enough one of his own thank you!!! (that was a joke incase you didn''t realise)

Seriously now Smudger is not in awe of any public icon unlike so many of you appear to be on here.... it is you that has the issues with people questioning your beloved hero''s with the over inflated personalities for doing a very poor job.