Sign in to follow this  
arrdee

Raise funds for Foncy with the Pink un Pickers

Its time for the best thread of the week.

Looks like a tricky week again, but I''ve gone to League 2 for

Wycombe v Bournemouth - Home Win

Good luck Gentleman Jim

I''m off to Germany this week for my nap which is :

TSG 1899 Hoffenheim vs Eintracht Frankfurt - HOME WIN

Hoffenheim are sixth with ten points from six games and two wins and a draw so far at home. Eintracht Frankfurt are second from bottom and have yet to win a game this season.

P.S. TSG Hoffenheim''s rise through the German league is really quite astounding. In the early nineties they were an amateur side playing in the eighth level of German football when they were taken over by Dietmar Hopp who is one of the founders of SAP AG, Europes largest software company. Hopp used to play for Hoffenheim''s youth side and wanted great things for his local team. They have climbed through the divisions ever since and this is their first season in the Bundesliga. Hopp is spending 40million Euros on a new 30,000 capacity stadium for Hoffenheim, not bad for what is essentially a village club.

Good luck Jim, I was out your way on Sunday. Used to holiday at Gorleston as a kid so I''ve got a soft spot for the place. Shame it started raining as soon as we parked the car [st]

Thank you Cam! That very nearly could have been a chesterfield moment. Ok.. my second choice was Rangers against St. Mirren, not so keen on away teams but Rangers are doing well so I''ll go with it!And by the way, good luck Jim. I remember Boris, he was the one who posted about 100 message about that Illiev guy coming to norwich which never happened and quickly disappeared off of the news.

Having been burnt by a couple of dodgy Blue Square Prem results in the last couple of weeks I am going to up a few leagues to League One and fancy Leicester to carry on with their fantastic form away to Huddersfield.

Huddersfield haven''t been too impressive at home with a record of W1 D1 L2 - their solitary win coming against struggling Northampton, Leicester currently boast an impressive away record winning 2 and drawing 1 and seem to be firing on all cylinders at the moment.

Huddersfield v Leicester - AWAY WIN

Oooh....Carlisle vs. Tranmere - Carlisle winYeovil vs. Southend - Southend winAldershot vs. Bury - Bury winGood luck all.

[quote user="Mr_Chimp"]Oooh....

Carlisle vs. Tranmere - Carlisle win
Yeovil vs. Southend - Southend win
Aldershot vs. Bury - Bury win

Good luck all.
[/quote]

You can only have one nap Mr_Chimp [Y]

blades played within themselves to win away on tuesday - while bristol city had to bust a gut 2nd half to claw back a 2 goal 1/2 time deficit against plymouth...at home and odds of 10/11 - blades should have too much for bristol...sheff utd to beat bristol city...good luck GJ!!!

Zing.  Ho-kay....Think it''s going to be Aldershot vs. Bury - Bury WinBury are flying at joint top, while Aldershot are doing okay but struggling for consistency, have only 1 clean sheet to their name and could be a bit down in the dumps after their injury-time loss last week.

Up to div 2 in Scotland again this week. East fife are running into form while Stranraer are in freefall So......

East fife v Stranraer......Home win.

Good luck Jim.  [Y]

Right, I''ve been wrong so often this season its becoming a joke... and my fantasy footy team has been ravaged by injury in recent weeks to breaking point, so either I''m losing touch with the modern game or I''m just plain unlucky... time will tell, but for now I''m going to presume its the latter... so, on that note, I''m returning to my old Raise funds for FONCY stomping ground, by predicting...

York City to beat Cambridge Utd at home...

Only mixed success for me so far I''m afraid so I am staying away from Scotland (fancied strongly Celtic to beat Hamilton at home), and instead am going with my gut instinct of Birmingham at home to beat QPR.

Birmingham will want to eradicate the loss to Blackpool from their memory and QPR are pretty awful to be honest.  Despite doing us 1-0 with 10 men!

BIRMINGHAM v QPR - Home win!

Now you lovely old Pickers keep your selections coming in , Gentleman Jim will weigh up every "nap" you give him , every single selection we give him will be taken into his consideration , If however we don''t inspire him ,  Jim can always do his own thing he can make the final line of 6 however he wants , that is the prerogative of the lovely old Picker in charge of the Free Bet for the week.

If I could just say welcome on board to 49s and Jimbo , I hope you enjoy the Free Bet , I know you will . I also know It has become a way of life to a lot of you and long may It continue to be so....arrdee.

It''s a unique thread on football message boards that we know.  But, as you will all know, that is what makes Norfolk so distinctive!

Inter Milan to beat Bologna. I guess I''m allowed to do that? Inter are a top side and after losing 1-0 to AC Milan are still only 2 points behind leaders Lazio in 4th place. And Bologna are in the relegation zone with 4 losses and only one win.

Inter Milan V Bologna - Home Win

Now you lovely old Pickers , you all know much has been made of the head to head between "Inchy" and myself over the leadership of Nuttys league and my desperate attempt to stand aside in order for the lovely "inchy" to take control of the board only to be thwarted by my selections late winning goal . I am sure you saw my bravado at this outcome with my "don''t care if I do die" attitude by plucking a team out of the air for my selection this weekend . Of..course..being..a..man..of..my..word..Besiktas to win....arrdee.

Have to agree with a home win for Rotherham v. Grimsby.

Rotherham will surely want the win to finally get their first proper points on the board and Grimsby haven''t really been doing all that well!

Good Luck, Jim!

Wigan vs Middlesbrough home win

I think Wigan will follow up their victory over Man City with another home win.  Boro have a few injuries and are in free fall.  I have a gut feeling that Boro will lose and pressure on Southgate will intensify wuith their fourth straight defeat.  Middlesbrough just cannot win away and their defence is all over the place at the moment.

I think Wigan will win by a couple of goals 2-0 or 3-1.

Mmmmmm[*-)].  I was going to go for Bournemouth to get stuffed away from home, but as they ruined my week before with an away win at Bradford I''m not going to risk it twice!!

I think it''ll have to be the Mighty Celtic with a home win against the Accies. Can''t see that one going any other way.