Sign in to follow this  
KeelansGlove

Damien Francis the New Patrick Viera ? Discuss

Good call, i''m wandering if he will regret choosing to play for Jamaica given that he is now in the premiership and getting noticed??

Yes he is.

Nuff said.

i agree, he played very well!

Partrik might be out for our game........

absolutely, he was simply in a class of his own against united, kept them under control for most of the game and was just outstanding - let''s just hope no one big comes in for him and whisks him away!!

however, we do need to address the problem of who plays with him, as much as gary holt has done for us in the past, he is simply not up to this class - damo had to do the work of two on saturday - don''t know how long term safri''s injury is, but what about mulryne, what is up with him?

Nope -for me not even in the same league. Viera is sheer class even by Prem standards. When Damien Francis has won the World Cup and European Championship (OK impossible), 2 doubles plus one more FA Cup and one more prem league gong etc, then come back and tell me he''s even close. Arse have gone 42 games unbeaten - absolutely no coincidence that Viera is their captain? - I don''t think so - Viera has the ability to impose himself on games - time and time again - the man is a proven colossus.

Miss the point completely ?

If I had suggested he was the "old" patrick Viera it might be worth comparing the achievements. Arsenal a one man team now ?

No disrespect To Viera who is as you say a colossus but it is irrelevant in the terms of the question.

Never mind

Err which point did I miss? - you used Viera against Francis - discuss whether Damien Francis is the new Patrick Viera - since as you correctly state by definition there cannot be a ''new'' Patrick Viera only the old and original, it is the aforesaid gentleman''s qualities I presume you were suggesting Francis now possesses, thus it is perfectly natural to discuss Viera''s qualities and achievements against Francis to answer your point - or else why not say ''Damien Francis the new Damien Francis discuss''. And in no way did I suggest Arsenal were a one man team - though perhaps if you think Francis has Viera''s class then Francis too is a one man team. I was suggesting that Viera is an outstanding captain of a team that has gone 42 matches unbeaten.