Sign in to follow this  
Mr Magoo

Who actually watches?

Very sparsely attend these days.I don''t comment on performances themselves because I''m not there. I only comment on the overall situation as I see it.

My daughter and I are season ticket holders in the River End upper T block. I get to see around 30 City games a season. Any more is a bonus (!?)

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Mr Magoo"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Mr Magoo"]Looks like plenty of us keep punishing ourselves each week then. Thanks for the responses, some notable absentees, Wiz, Smudger, etc does anyone know whether they go?[/quote]I''m pretty sure Smudger openly says he refuses to go, until the board do, or demo''s start...dont hold me on that however as im not so sure.Wiz as far as i remember goes to some games, but is not financially able to go to every one. Again, im not so sure if im right or not, i might be getting mixed up [:)][/quote]

Very true Hogs...as many on here well know.... Although I have broken that promise a couple of times in the last 6 months or so.

I don''t see what difference it makes Mr Magoo... some of us can judge that we have a crap team after watching us for just a few minutes... it seems to take you lot at least half a season each year though doesn''t it???

I said that we looked in a right old mess a few games in to the season when we were supposedly going to win the league with most of our Premiership team still intact... as time has passed over the last few years, things have gone from bad to worse.

I usually know somebody who has gone to the game and pick up snippets here and there which allow me to form a judgement... I haven''t been too far wrong on my snap judgements so far have I???

I guess some of us have it and some of us don''t hey???

[/quote]Doesn''t particularly make any difference, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, just helps me to consider peoples opinions when they post, particularly when they are very outspoken.[/quote]

As I said though Mr Magoo... some people are a better judge after seeing just one game than some people are after seeing 20+ or 30+ wouldn''t you agree???

I think that the last few years of people talking of play-offs as late as the turn of the year are prime examples of what I am saying.

[/quote]Smudger, I do think that there are many fans that have what I would call blind faith, these people will always speak of promotion as a reality because they really do believe that it is a real possibility each year, I dont think that they really judge the players or the way we play rather just hang onto the hope that we will manage it.I disagree with that view and have posted before about the fact that we are a mid to lower league position team now and will be until investment be that now or in a few years time.Some people will always grasp the game or the potential of a team quicker than others, however some will see negatives wherever they look. I think that you will always have a better grasp of the situation if your information is solid, and if you are wary of talking about things that are within your scope of knowledge, if people are unable to see much of the team then IMO they should not make outlandish statements based on what they have heard second hand. Ultimately if someone has seen a team play 20 - 30 times I will accept their views on how a player is performing before I would accept the views of someone who has seen the same player once or twice.

[quote user="Mr Magoo"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Mr Magoo"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Mr Magoo"]Looks like plenty of us keep punishing ourselves each week then. Thanks for the responses, some notable absentees, Wiz, Smudger, etc does anyone know whether they go?
[/quote]
I''m pretty sure Smudger openly says he refuses to go, until the board do, or demo''s start...dont hold me on that however as im not so sure.

Wiz as far as i remember goes to some games, but is not financially able to go to every one. Again, im not so sure if im right or not, i might be getting mixed up [:)]
[/quote]

Very true Hogs...as many on here well know.... Although I have broken that promise a couple of times in the last 6 months or so.

I don''t see what difference it makes Mr Magoo... some of us can judge that we have a crap team after watching us for just a few minutes... it seems to take you lot at least half a season each year though doesn''t it???

I said that we looked in a right old mess a few games in to the season when we were supposedly going to win the league with most of our Premiership team still intact... as time has passed over the last few years, things have gone from bad to worse.

I usually know somebody who has gone to the game and pick up snippets here and there which allow me to form a judgement... I haven''t been too far wrong on my snap judgements so far have I???

[/quote]

Doesn''t particularly make any difference, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, just helps me to consider peoples opinions when they post, particularly when they are very outspoken.
[/quote]

As I said though Mr Magoo... some people are a better judge after seeing just one game than some people are after seeing 20+ or 30+ wouldn''t you agree???

I think that the last few years of people talking of play-offs as late as the turn of the year are prime examples of what I am saying.

[/quote]

Smudger, I do think that there are many fans that have what I would call blind faith, these people will always speak of promotion as a reality because they really do believe that it is a real possibility each year, I dont think that they really judge the players or the way we play rather just hang onto the hope that we will manage it.

I disagree with that view and have posted before about the fact that we are a mid to lower league position team now and will be until investment be that now or in a few years time.

Some people will always grasp the game or the potential of a team quicker than others, however some will see negatives wherever they look. I think that you will always have a better grasp of the situation if your information is solid, and if you are wary of talking about things that are within your scope of knowledge, if people are unable to see much of the team then IMO they should not make outlandish statements based on what they have heard second hand.

Ultimately if someone has seen a team play 20 - 30 times I will accept their views on how a player is performing before I would accept the views of someone who has seen the same player once or twice.
[/quote]

Where as I wouldn''t Mr Magoo...

I only need to see most players very briefly to form a good judgement on them, as would most decent scouts out there I would suggest?

I also trust a few of the people who I speak to on a regular basis to some extent to be a fairly good judge of player, if not always the best judge of what it takes to build a winning team.

I know blind faith runs away with some, where I will just base my judgement with the cold hard facts of what I know about a player and what I have seen (as a scout no doubt would).

Can you imagine if you were Glen Roeder and you were employing scouts who took 20 to 30 games to judge whether a player was any good or not?

With the amount of players they have to watch I am damn sure that Mr Roeder would soon be giving the said scout the sack surely???

It takes me only a couple of games to start forming a judgement on a player... I can tell you now, it is not often that a player reverses those initial judgements.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Mr Magoo"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Mr Magoo"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Mr Magoo"]Looks like plenty of us keep punishing ourselves each week then. Thanks for the responses, some notable absentees, Wiz, Smudger, etc does anyone know whether they go?[/quote]I''m pretty sure Smudger openly says he refuses to go, until the board do, or demo''s start...dont hold me on that however as im not so sure.Wiz as far as i remember goes to some games, but is not financially able to go to every one. Again, im not so sure if im right or not, i might be getting mixed up [:)][/quote]

[/quote]Doesn''t particularly make any difference, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, just helps me to consider peoples opinions when they post, particularly when they are very outspoken.[/quote]

[/quote]Smudger, I do think that there are many fans that have what I would call blind faith, these people will always speak of promotion as a reality because they really do believe that it is a real possibility each year, I dont think that they really judge the players or the way we play rather just hang onto the hope that we will manage it.I disagree with that view and have posted before about the fact that we are a mid to lower league position team now and will be until investment be that now or in a few years time.Some people will always grasp the game or the potential of a team quicker than others, however some will see negatives wherever they look. I think that you will always have a better grasp of the situation if your information is solid, and if you are wary of talking about things that are within your scope of knowledge, if people are unable to see much of the team then IMO they should not make outlandish statements based on what they have heard second hand. Ultimately if someone has seen a team play 20 - 30 times I will accept their views on how a player is performing before I would accept the views of someone who has seen the same player once or twice.[/quote]

I only need to see most players very briefly to form a good judgement on them, as would most decent scouts out there I would suggest?

I also trust a few of the people who I speak to on a regular basis to some extent to be a fairly good judge of player, if not always the best judge of what it takes to build a winning team.

I know blind faith runs away with some, where I will just base my judgement with the cold hard facts of what I know about a player and what I have seen (as a scout no doubt would).

Can you imagine if you were Glen Roeder and you were employing scouts who took 20 to 30 games to judge whether a player was any good or not?

With the amount of players they have to watch I am damn sure that Mr Roeder would soon be giving the said scout the sack surely???

It takes me only a couple of games to start forming a judgement on a player... I can tell you now, it is not often that a player reverses those initial judgements.

[/quote]I reckon he wishes he had had a few players watched 30 times!Seriously, I take your point but being a scout takes skill and abilities honed through experience working in football. Have you got said experience or are you just special?

[quote user="Mr Magoo"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Mr Magoo"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Mr Magoo"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Mr Magoo"]Looks like plenty of us keep punishing ourselves each week then. Thanks for the responses, some notable absentees, Wiz, Smudger, etc does anyone know whether they go?
[/quote]
I''m pretty sure Smudger openly says he refuses to go, until the board do, or demo''s start...dont hold me on that however as im not so sure.

Wiz as far as i remember goes to some games, but is not financially able to go to every one. Again, im not so sure if im right or not, i might be getting mixed up [:)]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Doesn''t particularly make any difference, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, just helps me to consider peoples opinions when they post, particularly when they are very outspoken.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Smudger, I do think that there are many fans that have what I would call blind faith, these people will always speak of promotion as a reality because they really do believe that it is a real possibility each year, I dont think that they really judge the players or the way we play rather just hang onto the hope that we will manage it.

I disagree with that view and have posted before about the fact that we are a mid to lower league position team now and will be until investment be that now or in a few years time.

Some people will always grasp the game or the potential of a team quicker than others, however some will see negatives wherever they look. I think that you will always have a better grasp of the situation if your information is solid, and if you are wary of talking about things that are within your scope of knowledge, if people are unable to see much of the team then IMO they should not make outlandish statements based on what they have heard second hand.

Ultimately if someone has seen a team play 20 - 30 times I will accept their views on how a player is performing before I would accept the views of someone who has seen the same player once or twice.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I reckon he wishes he had had a few players watched 30 times!

Seriously, I take your point but being a scout takes skill and abilities honed through experience working in football. Have you got said experience or are you just special?
[/quote]

Yes just special.... an unfound gift... any jobs going Mr Roeder??? [:D]

[quote user="Mr Magoo"]

I  am sure this has been asked before, but just out of interest who actually goes and watches Norwich play each week. Some of the posts seem to suggest that there are a lot of opinions given by people who do not even watch the team, is this true?

i know not everyone can get tickets, live locally or can afford the games , but it would be useful to know where people get their information when trying to argue a point.

I do go to all the home games but cant get to many away games.

[/quote]

I go to all the home games and some away, but a lot of people on here seem to base their views on Canary Call and the numpties on there. Maybe they should tune in a 3 and listen to the game if they can''t go????

[quote user="Mr Magoo"]

I  am sure this has been asked before, but just out of interest who actually goes and watches Norwich play each week. Some of the posts seem to suggest that there are a lot of opinions given by people who do not even watch the team, is this true?

i know not everyone can get tickets, live locally or can afford the games , but it would be useful to know where people get their information when trying to argue a point.

I do go to all the home games but cant get to many away games.

[/quote]

It''s very easy to detect. Those who seem totally oblivious to the sad demise of NCFC don''t go to games...while those who are more realistic and critical often do.

I don''t go anymore.... and nor will I as long as the cook and her cronies continue to spoil the broth. I''m a club fan...not a nancy boy like most of you on here.

[quote user="Mr Magoo"]Looks like plenty of us keep punishing ourselves each week then. Thanks for the responses, some notable absentees, Wiz, Smudger, etc does anyone know whether they go?
[/quote]

As I''ve said many times on here Mr M, I only go now if there''s someone free to help me and I can afford it.

But having said that, whilst Smith and Jones and their puppet manager are still here, then making the effort seems pointless![:S]

The majority of homes games(missed last Sat due to manflu[:)]),travelled to every away game including cup and midweek for many,many years but can no longer justify the cost to her indoors and have handed the mantle to the newer younger fans.

[quote user="Mr Magoo"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Mr Magoo"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Mr Magoo"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I reckon he wishes he had had a few players watched 30 times!

Seriously, I take your point but being a scout takes skill and abilities honed through experience working in football. Have you got said experience or are you just special?
[/quote]

He is most certainly ''special''. [:)]

Season ticket holder.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

What''s your judgement on these players Smudger?

Omozusi, Bertrand, Stefanovich, Kennedy, Clingan, Bell, Hoolahan, Pattison, Lupoli, Lita, Sibierski.

Forget the personalities and whether they are loans.

Are they any good[:^)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

What''s your judgement on these players Smudger?

Omozusi, Bertrand, Stefanovich, Kennedy, Clingan, Bell, Hoolahan, Pattison, Lupoli, Lita, Sibierski.

Forget the personalities and whether they are loans.

Are they any good[:^)]

[/quote]

Omozusi = average at this level, Bertrand = Good, Stefanovich = average, Kennedy = good if he can stay injury free, Clingan = average holding player who does not offer enough going forwards, Bell = no comment as I have not seen enough to judge, Hoolahan = very skilled but clueless (maybe the right coach could work well with him but he is supposed to be a winger and he keeps getting lost in centre midfield, Pattison = crap, Lupoli = average (can be good but far too inconsistent), Lita = top of the Championship or Lower Premiership quality striker... I like him... but what is the point of a one month contract, Sibierski = Would do a good job for us if played in Centre Midfield... he ain''t no target man... never has been and never will be.

Is that your first choice line up Nutty?

Because while most of those players are possibly ok on their own merits they do not compliment each other and will never make up a winning side... too many things lacking there.