Sign in to follow this  
Mr Magoo

Who actually watches?

I  am sure this has been asked before, but just out of interest who actually goes and watches Norwich play each week. Some of the posts seem to suggest that there are a lot of opinions given by people who do not even watch the team, is this true?

i know not everyone can get tickets, live locally or can afford the games , but it would be useful to know where people get their information when trying to argue a point.

I do go to all the home games but cant get to many away games.

I go to all the home games but very rarely go away nowadays, only missed 2 home games in 36 years because of illness. I haven''t been away since we lost at Everton in the cup. I can''t face all the travelling nowadays after a defeat.

I go every game, only missed one season, becasue i was living in scotland and couldn''t afford to come back every week.

Haven''t been to an away game for years.

I have to admit, I''m only able  to whatch the team sporadically, because I live abroad. I may still be living in the dreamland of 1987(when I saw my first game) 92-93 or 2005.

But it''s heartbreaking to see the team I love fall away like this. I have to count on feedback from websites, friends and forums. I am a member and even have a few shares in the club. Times change I guess, but how can a team that atracts so many fans fall away like this.

Investors must be interested, not...? I reckon NCFC could fill a stadium up to 40.000 or more in the PL.

season ticket holder - cant afford away days too.   People regularly accuse me of not having watched even when I am there so  does it mean anything? 

I live in Scotland so I go to all the northern games as far down as Sheffield and then whenever I get the chance I go to stay with my Aunt for a night so I can go to Carrow Road. I manage about 10-12 games A season. I''d go to every game home and away if I could but sadly I''m not a millionaire.

Season ticket holder here too, both of us, and go to every home game, and not followed them away for ages, can''t afford it sadly.

However, we are slowly  each week dreading going to the matches each home game.

Season ticket holder, but I am away at Uni for most of the year so my brother takes my ticket. I don''t comment on games I don''t go to, so the last time I saw us play against Brum we were really good, I don''t know whats happened since then!

Should be going to Derby away though, so I will let you all know my opinion then.

every home game....

Missing Swansea at home this year though :( Watch us have the result of season and beat them 8-0 now :(

jas :)

Home season ticket holder but now attending fewer away games. Probably do 10 to 12 away this year as it just gets more depressing each year. Up until last season went to most away games except the 300 mile each way mid week games.

Home season ticket, (this is my sixth season), but only normally go to one away game, Ipswich.

Looks like plenty of us keep punishing ourselves each week then. Thanks for the responses, some notable absentees, Wiz, Smudger, etc does anyone know whether they go?

[quote user="Mr Magoo"]Looks like plenty of us keep punishing ourselves each week then. Thanks for the responses, some notable absentees, Wiz, Smudger, etc does anyone know whether they go?[/quote]I''m pretty sure Smudger openly says he refuses to go, until the board do, or demo''s start...dont hold me on that however as im not so sure.Wiz as far as i remember goes to some games, but is not financially able to go to every one. Again, im not so sure if im right or not, i might be getting mixed up [:)]

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Mr Magoo"]Looks like plenty of us keep punishing ourselves each week then. Thanks for the responses, some notable absentees, Wiz, Smudger, etc does anyone know whether they go?
[/quote]
I''m pretty sure Smudger openly says he refuses to go, until the board do, or demo''s start...dont hold me on that however as im not so sure.

Wiz as far as i remember goes to some games, but is not financially able to go to every one. Again, im not so sure if im right or not, i might be getting mixed up [:)]
[/quote]

Very true Hogs...as many on here well know.... Although I have broken that promise a couple of times in the last 6 months or so.

I don''t see what difference it makes Mr Magoo... some of us can judge that we have a crap team after watching us for just a few minutes... it seems to take you lot at least half a season each year though doesn''t it???

I said that we looked in a right old mess a few games in to the season when we were supposedly going to win the league with most of our Premiership team still intact... as time has passed over the last few years, things have gone from bad to worse.

I usually know somebody who has gone to the game and pick up snippets here and there which allow me to form a judgement... I haven''t been too far wrong on my snap judgements so far have I???

I guess some of us have it and some of us don''t hey???

Every home game ...and about 50% of the away games........................but I don''t know how much longer I can stand to watch this downhill slide. Roeder''s record is now as bad as Grant''s''......................the club has no money......................and the future looks really bleak. It can be horrid being  City fan .

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Mr Magoo"]Looks like plenty of us keep punishing ourselves each week then. Thanks for the responses, some notable absentees, Wiz, Smudger, etc does anyone know whether they go?[/quote]I''m pretty sure Smudger openly says he refuses to go, until the board do, or demo''s start...dont hold me on that however as im not so sure.Wiz as far as i remember goes to some games, but is not financially able to go to every one. Again, im not so sure if im right or not, i might be getting mixed up [:)][/quote]

Very true Hogs...as many on here well know.... Although I have broken that promise a couple of times in the last 6 months or so.

I don''t see what difference it makes Mr Magoo... some of us can judge that we have a crap team after watching us for just a few minutes... it seems to take you lot at least half a season each year though doesn''t it???

I said that we looked in a right old mess a few games in to the season when we were supposedly going to win the league with most of our Premiership team still intact... as time has passed over the last few years, things have gone from bad to worse.

I usually know somebody who has gone to the game and pick up snippets here and there which allow me to form a judgement... I haven''t been too far wrong on my snap judgements so far have I???

[/quote]Doesn''t particularly make any difference, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, just helps me to consider peoples opinions when they post, particularly when they are very outspoken.

[quote user="Mr Magoo"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Mr Magoo"]Looks like plenty of us keep punishing ourselves each week then. Thanks for the responses, some notable absentees, Wiz, Smudger, etc does anyone know whether they go?
[/quote]
I''m pretty sure Smudger openly says he refuses to go, until the board do, or demo''s start...dont hold me on that however as im not so sure.

Wiz as far as i remember goes to some games, but is not financially able to go to every one. Again, im not so sure if im right or not, i might be getting mixed up [:)]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Doesn''t particularly make any difference, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, just helps me to consider peoples opinions when they post, particularly when they are very outspoken.
[/quote]

As I said though Mr Magoo... some people are a better judge after seeing just one game than some people are after seeing 20+ or 30+ wouldn''t you agree???

I think that the last few years of people talking of play-offs as late as the turn of the year are prime examples of what I am saying.