Sign in to follow this  
SNAP

Scare yourself for Halloween!

Want to scare yourself coming up to Halloween?

Then try this simple exercise. Write down a Norwich City team and subs bench that doesn’t involve the dreaded loan players and ask yourself, three questions even if they all stay fit:

1)      Will this team be good enough to avoid the drop?

2)      Where will the player sales come from in 2008/9 to balance the books?

3) What is going through the minds of those permanent players we do have when they stare at another defeat and look across at the loanees in the dressing room. Players safe in the knowledge that they are only here for the experience and will be back to their big clubs when this is all over.

Think it''s a pointless exercise because we still have the loanees? Now really scare yourself………do the same exercise for January 2009 when we have returned many of the current loanees. Remember you can’t cheat by trying to put others in their places because we have been told that the player budget is all used up this year.

Like many others on here I believe that, for all his annoying ego, Roeder is essentially about as good as we are going to get. I just have a horrible feeling that his “Second Year in Charge” syndrome might be about to repeat itself in spectacular fashion as he stubbornly insists on using his budget on such short term investments. Unless, of course he sees his own future in the same short term....different post I know.

Many have asked would we would prefer signed up journeymen footballers to the borrowed prospective Premier superstars. Well, actually I’m not sure the question is so rhetorical anymore especially, with the exception of Ryan Bertrand (who goes back at the end of December), we seem to be a recovery ward for lame ducks and a resting place for elderly “C” List players.

I’d be interested to see the sort of teams people think we could field and I wonder if we have an option to recall Michael Spillane and God help us, Chris Martin.

[quote user="Thirst Wizard"]Must say it would be a real irony if Martin returned and was key to us staying up in May
[/quote]

Both Martin and Spillane are on season-long loans to Luton.  You can insert a recall clause in that agreement (I have no idea if Norwich have done so) but even if they have they can only be recalled when the January transfer window opens, not before.

[quote user="Thirst Wizard"]Must say it would be a real irony if Martin returned and was key to us staying up in May
[/quote]

I think that''s classed as a miracle, they do sometimes happen but not often. [:)]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

Both Martin and Spillane are on season-long loans to Luton.  You can insert a recall clause in that agreement (I have no idea if Norwich have done so) but even if they have they can only be recalled when the January transfer window opens, not before.

[/quote]

I think I''d be inclined to bring the both back. Many others would agree. OK their egos might get inflated by a recall but that just might be the spur they need to kick start their careers at this level.

Mind you what do I know? I''d be one of those who would rather see Darren Huckerby loaned from the MLS and on the pitch at Carrow Road rather than sitting in his season ticket seat in The Jarrold Stand. What chance Roeder/Delia etc surviving that one - but it''s gonna happen at a ground near you soon!

wow SnaP you are nearly as negative as me!

virtually no money has been spent since Roeder has arrived, the reason is because the club is skint.

norwich are paid to have those loanees in the team, make no mistake, thats why they pop up in out of positions to get our wages.

You could go through all our players listing more deficiencies than positives. i.e Jon Otsemobor, you buy league one, you get league one

New investment is being sort out. Until that time comes, shut your eyes and buckle up for another roedeo-rollacoaster-ride, because like last season it will take three worse teams than us to go down, doncaster! (says it all) notts forest and.......mmm.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

so how did Boro get Grounds back?

[quote user="blinded by the story"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

He''s not on  season long loan,so they can recall him at any time after the first month.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="blinded by the story"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

He''s not on  season long loan,so they can recall him at any time after the first month.

[/quote]

Yes, the only season long loan players who can be recalled instantly are goalkeepers.

If we reach a point where we are bringing Martin and Spillane back to add quality to the team then that may well be the day I give up all together.

[quote user="Lenny-boy"]

wow SnaP you are nearly as negative as me!

virtually no money has been spent since Roeder has arrived, the reason is because the club is skint.

norwich are paid to have those loanees in the team, make no mistake, thats why they pop up in out of positions to get our wages.

You could go through all our players listing more deficiencies than positives. i.e Jon Otsemobor, you buy league one, you get league one

New investment is being sort out. Until that time comes, shut your eyes and buckle up for another roedeo-rollacoaster-ride, because like last season it will take three worse teams than us to go down, doncaster! (says it all) notts forest and.......mmm.

[/quote]Lenny, do you have any evidence to back up your claim that the loaning clubs are paying us? It''s the first time I''ve ever heard it suggested.And as for "you buy league one, you get league one" - come on! Are you really saying that Championship clubs should only ever buy from other Championship clubs, or from the Prem? Otsemobor was in the League One team of the season when we bought him - if anyone can make the step up one division he can.

As usual, no one has actually answered the question!

1.   Marshall

2.   Otsemobor

3.   Stavanovic

4.   Doherty

5.   Dury

6.   Bell

7.   Hoolahan

8.   Clingan

9.   Russell

10.   Cureton

11. Renton

Subs

Fotheringham, Croft, Nelson, Pattison, Eagle, Lappin,

Starkly, it leaves us with little or no goal scoring threat at all, I''ve even had to add Renton as the second striker!  From defence up to Midfield it''s fairly solid, wouldn''t be the worst team in the league, but the striking options are dire.  Every knows that in this league you have to score goals....

[quote user="Lenny-boy"]

yes its true.

norwich are paid to play the loans, thats why they are so keen on them.

[/quote]

Yes that is the second time that you have claimed that Norwich are paid to have loan players ,,,,but where is the proof ?

[quote user="Lenny-boy"]

yes its true.

norwich are paid to play the loans, thats why they are so keen on them.

[/quote]That is very unlikely the case. I think the best that could happen is we only pay a small proportion of their wages, but we certainly wouldn''t get paid for playing the loans.

what a load of Cods''wallop!

We arnt paid to have players! We pay a loan fee to the club plus a proportion of the wage.

The only way we would be ''paid'' to have loan players if we were a feeder club to big clubs (fat chance of that) Which would mean we would get the big clubs yound lads on loan and they would have ;first option'' should we produce a star.

As for the no-loan FC we would be knackered. in fact with the loans were knackered!