Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

2 million? Go get DEAN ASHTON now!

Not sure i quite believe Worthy has 2mill sloshing around in the kitty (although i gues he hasn''t spent that much so far) but if he has this is the man.

Not Harewood, not Johanson, we need this guy. Harewood is not really a target man and is suffering a major confidence failure at the moment. I know this is just another in a long line of posts about Ashton but he''s scoring for fun at the moment in an average side. He is the target man we need with all the other attributes thrown in - go get him Nige.

I''d go for Ashton. He''s been well schooled at Crewe and his all round game is better than Harewood''s including his finishing which is top notch. But to be fair Harewood isn''t a bad player either so i wouldn''t complain if we did get him, i''d rather have him than Scowcroft.

I agree pincer Ashtons all round game suits our style - and I think that Harewood is too similar to Leon to be worth spending that much cash on...

Have any of you seen a post on the ncfc-fans site about a City scout being at the Crewe v Hammers game on Saturday? Makes for interesting reading and a photo of the alleged scout is there too via a link. If true, this begs the question of whether he was indeed watching Harewood or Ashton (or Nowland, who is mentioned in the West ham site link), or killing two birdies (or three!) with the proverbial one stone. The plot thickens!

good spot susie. as we know, nw is a very wiley old fox in the transfer market and it is not at all beyond him to reveal an interest in a and b only to gleefully reveal he has in fact signed c!

i''d still like to put a fiver on him doing just that with Ashton before Aug 31st...