Sign in to follow this  
SuperWesIrishWizard

Can anyone remember the 'scratchcard couple'?

I used to sit about 7 rows back in the middle of the goal, barclay lower, im talking 4 or 5 years ago now.There was these two scruffy, almost down and out like couple who used to sit nearby. Early 30s I would say.I seem to remember them turning up to the game in Norwich kits and sitting down 5 minutes before the game to scratch about 20 golden goal cards.They then proceeded to check every single card everytime we scored (even the promotion season and play off season) and then sit their glum faced when they hadnt won, they then used to leave the game at the final whistle of every game looking like we had been relegated (as they hadnt won any money), even if we had won the match and heading for promotion.If you are one half of that ''Golden'' couple, or are friends of them, I would just like them to know how much I still want to punch them as hard as I can in the face.Sorry for the rant, Ive been meaning to say that for 4 years now.

That was me. However, one week we did win a £100 quid on Golden Goal, invested in Lottery tickets and, would you believe it, are now multi-millionaires. So I think we had the last laugh.

''I would just like them to know how much I still want to punch them as hard as I can in the face''Is that bravado or are you part of the drunken thug brigade or even just a nob?

[quote user="Thirst Wizard"]''I would just like them to know how much I still want to punch them as hard as I can in the face''

Is that bravado or are you part of the drunken thug brigade or even just a nob?
[/quote]

Sign him up for the "Stowmarket Gang"

[quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"]

I would just like them to know how much I still want to punch them as hard as I can in the face.

[/quote]

Pleb!

so just because they were a little bit different you want to hit them?

jas :)

[quote user="Thirst Wizard"]''I would just like them to know how much I still want to punch them as hard as I can in the face''Is that bravado or are you part of the drunken thug brigade or even just a nob?[/quote]Well it was supposed to be a joke actually, but yes they did offend me greatly, its one things having people jumping onto the bandwagon for the promotion season but its another thing having two gambling addicts in norwich shirts that wouldnt celebrate, even curse, when norwich scored.