Sign in to follow this  
SuperWesIrishWizard

I dont care what response I get to this, Huckerby's release was a mistake.

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

[quote user="Huddy "]Huckerby being compared to Mark Rivers, what next from the Dont mention the H word mob.[/quote]

Come on you used to be on the edge of your seat when someone knocked the ball wide for Rivers to charge at.  OK him and Hucks were not even in the same league, but he did used to get us excited and that is the point.  I will miss Huckerby as much as the next man but someone else will come along who excites us again.  And that is the point.

As for being a ''dont mention the H word mob'', more like a no point crying over what cant be changed mob.

[/quote]

I''m still waiting for Hoolahasn''t, to spark into life.....and make me sit slightly upright in my seat.

...and Rivers preferred Rothman''s to running.... 

Yes I remember it well.  One charge down the wing then he was too knackered to even take a pass for the next 10 minutes.  Certainly a player who couldnt be described as an athlete!!

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

[  I will miss Huckerby as much as the next man but someone else will come along who excites us again. .

[/quote]

How long will we have to wait?

For those who disagree with the OP.  You need to ask yourselves when did we see Hucks''s "apparent" drop in form?  Did it coincide with anything else?  Was he getting less game time?  Was he also carrying an injury?

In amongst that, you will find the answer.

mostly good points johno , however I would disagree with you on the hucks issue, I think Bell and Croft both look like players capable of beating others and to be honest Hucks was never a great crosser , he was much more of an incisive runner.I think now, Siberski should be selected as a midfielder and we should just play with lupoli and cureton/koroma/lita up front , too many long balls were aimed at sibs and everyone can tell he''s not a target man, we played some of our best football this season before Antoine arrived and the first 45 minutes against Derby was pretty peter grant esque because it was route one all the way. It is always good for a side to have a plan B but you have to develop one with players that play consistantly , Roeder was getting it right at the start of the season and I just hope he doesnt revert to kick and chase football.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

[  I will miss Huckerby as much as the next man but someone else will come along who excites us again. .

[/quote]

How long will we have to wait?

[/quote]

Just dont hold your breath CA!

Are you insane, Valderamma?  You think playing in the California summer is preferable to England in the winter?  Why do you think the English leagues take summer off?  Anyone would be much stronger playing in cooler temps than heat and humidity.  The fact that Huckerby has adapted to the MLS game so quickly is just one more sign that he is far from finished.  He is doing great DESPITE the climate, not because of it.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Are you insane, Valderamma?  You think playing in the California summer is preferable to England in the winter?  Why do you think the English leagues take summer off?  Anyone would be much stronger playing in cooler temps than heat and humidity.  The fact that Huckerby has adapted to the MLS game so quickly is just one more sign that he is far from finished.  He is doing great DESPITE the climate, not because of it.[/quote]

Not sure if he is insane Houston, but he sure as hell does not have the first clue about what it takes to make a winning football team.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Are you insane, Valderamma?  You think playing in the California summer is preferable to England in the winter?  Why do you think the English leagues take summer off?  Anyone would be much stronger playing in cooler temps than heat and humidity.  The fact that Huckerby has adapted to the MLS game so quickly is just one more sign that he is far from finished.  He is doing great DESPITE the climate, not because of it.[/quote]

Are you serious Houston!!  Are you honestly saying you would rather play on a cold tuesday night in mid february than on a glorious sunny sunday in California  

Answer me this have you ever suffered a serious inujury, by that I mean serious broken bones.  I have, and when the weather is cold and damp it bloody hurts.  My post had nothing to do with whether or not he could run 10 miles, or whether he could still do the 100m in 11 seconds.  The climate thing is about recovery time.

With regards to why we have the summer off.  Rugby and Football can be played regardless of weather conditions, this is why they are winter sports.  Cricket, athletics and tennis can only be played when it is dry, cricket can only be played in good light, this is why they are summer sports.  So that is the reason why the football season stops for the summer.

And Smudger.  I am a legend on Football Manager 2008 so my running a football club skills cannot be called into question.  In all seriousness, as neither of us have ever run a football professionally your comment was pointless.  I hope my response has justified your reason for posting the comment in the first place.

Until our team starts to improve you cannot deny we''re missing Huckerby.

Our side is lacking an incisivness and creativity that Darren brought to the pitch, he would have been perfect foil to Leroy Lita IMO and they would have formed arguably the best strike force in this league.

It''s very frustrating because IMO we could have had an outstanding team this season had we kept hold of Hucks and scrapped one or two loanees.

GK - Marshall

RB - Semmy

CB - Stefanovic

CB - Kennedy

LB - Drury

RM - Bell

CM - Russell

CM - Clingan

LM Hoolahan

ST - Huckerby

ST - Lita

Thats a side that would easily make the playoffs and due to some poor decision making from Roeder we''ve been denyed that.

You changed your arguement. Valderamma. The original post had nothing to do with injury recovery.  Even so, I''m pretty sure a broken leg (and how often does that happen anyways?) hurts no matter what the temperature.

Of COURSE I''d rather play on a cold Tuesday night in Feb at Carrow Road than a hot sweaty Saturday August afternoon in San Jose.  When the game is over, player don''t need to heat up, they need to COOL DOWN.  D''errr

Are you not aware of why hot weather is a concern during events like Summer Olympics?  Marathons don''t start at noon, they start (and finish) early in the morning when it has not yet heated up.  Outdoor endurance sports like soccer have their seasons in temperate weather, not hot, whenever possible.

Just admit you''re wrong and go fix your hair.

Or he can go play Football Manager seeing as he is a "legend" at it? Playing a computer game and doing well at it proves nothing on his ability to know how a REAL football club and team works.

Houston, did you see hucker play this week ?  

I was shocked how bad he was, he just didnt want to run after any balls put through to him.

and when he was one on one with keeper he hit it right at him, very unlike huckers.

I was thinking it was a good job he left city

[quote user="Carrow Roeder"]Or he can go play Football Manager seeing as he is a "legend" at it? Playing a computer game and doing well at it proves nothing on his ability to know how a REAL football club and team works.[/quote]

That was a tongue in cheek comment aimed at Smudgy.  And I reckon I have a decent grasp of football, it may differ from yours but that is the beauty of the game isnt it...

Houston, lets just agree to disagree.  I would prefer California, you would prefer England.  (Fancy swapping houses, tidy little 3 bed bungalow if you fancy it?)

(PS - I know Houston is in Texas by the way)

[quote user="Lambo"]

Our side is lacking an incisivness and creativity that Darren brought to the pitch, he would have been perfect foil to Leroy Lita IMO and they would have formed arguably the best strike force in this league.

It''s very frustrating because IMO we could have had an outstanding team this season had we kept hold of Hucks and scrapped one or two loanees.

GK - Marshall

RB - Semmy

CB - Stefanovic

CB - Kennedy

LB - Drury

RM - Bell

CM - Russell

CM - Clingan

LM Hoolahan

ST - Huckerby

ST - Lita

Thats a side that would easily make the playoffs and due to some poor decision making from Roeder we''ve been denyed that.

[/quote]Am I missing something? We have this team apart from Huckerby, so what you are saying is that with Huckerby we would be in a play off place?

I loved Huckerby when he was here but pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease, would he have made that much differance off 1 place from relegation to play off contenders?

[quote user="blinded by the story"][quote user="Lambo"]

GK - Marshall

RB - Semmy

CB - Stefanovic

CB - Kennedy

LB - Drury

RM - Bell

CM - Russell

CM - Clingan

LM Hoolahan

ST - Huckerby

ST - Lita

[/quote]Am I missing something? We have this team apart from Huckerby, so what you are saying is that with Huckerby we would be in a play off place?

I loved Huckerby when he was here but pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease, would he have made that much differance off 1 place from relegation to play off contenders?

[/quote]

Have you seen us play this season? because by my reckoning it''s our strikers that have let us down, we''ve generally been decent at the back but we arn''t creative enough and don''t score enough, Huckerby solves both problems... and last time i checked Lita only signed Friday so yeah i think that if we''d had Lita and Huckerby up front all season i think we''d have won at Coventry and a few other games i reckon we''d be about 8 or 9 points better off and 8 points more than what we have would put us 4th.

K thanks

[quote user="Lambo"][quote user="blinded by the story"][quote user="Lambo"]

GK - Marshall

RB - Semmy

CB - Stefanovic

CB - Kennedy

LB - Drury

RM - Bell

CM - Russell

CM - Clingan

LM Hoolahan

ST - Huckerby

ST - Lita

[/quote]

Have you seen us play this season? because by my reckoning it''s our strikers that have let us down, we''ve generally been decent at the back but we arn''t creative enough and don''t score enough, Huckerby solves both problems... and last time i checked Lita only signed Friday so yeah i think that if we''d had Lita and Huckerby up front all season i think we''d have won at Coventry and a few other games i reckon we''d be about 8 or 9 points better off and 8 points more than what we have would put us 4th.

K thanks

[/quote]

Oh yeah, Ive seen us play. Prior to last Friday I don''t recall anybody suggesting Lita, so your argument is based on Hucks. Sorry but I do not think that he would have made such a differance.

No.. my argument is based on the team we could have had at the start of the season and i think that if we''d gone for a couple less loans we coulda kept hucks and possibly signed Lita on a longer deal but instead we''ve signed a whole load of meaningless loans and left ourselves short in the area that ultimatly matters most in football.

Whats so difficult to understand about that?

Huckleberry was done. history. His head had dropped two years ago.

Defending with ten can only be successful against us, not for us

Cheerio

Roeder felt threatened by a big personality who was popular with the fans and wanted him out. Shades of the Beckham-McLaren fiasco...and look what a tosser he turned out to be.

He''s just another weak character trying to punch above his weight........

Houston, did you see hucker play this week ?  - bloodwagon

I don''t get many Earthquake games on here.  The one I''ve been able to watch was on a Spanish language channel, and when SJ played the Houston Dynamo, we had no electricity due to the hurricane.  However, our local beat writer has picked Huckerby for newcomer of the year for MLS.  One poor game does not a season make.  Maybe the heat was getting to him!  It was absolute crap that he was not even offered a contract by City.  Oh, but they did offer one to ingrate clod, Doherty, who waited until nobody else showed any interest at all in him to sign it.

[quote user="Lambo"]

No.. my argument is based on the team we could have had at the start of the season and i think that if we''d gone for a couple less loans we coulda kept hucks and possibly signed Lita on a longer deal but instead we''ve signed a whole load of meaningless loans and left ourselves short in the area that ultimatly matters most in football.

Whats so difficult to understand about that?

[/quote]

Maybe Reading didn''t want Lita out on loan for any more than a month?

If your argumnet contained Ched, who imo looked streets ahead of any of the dross we have on loan at the moment I would concure, but Lita is the papering over the cracks provided by the Board this month, we cannot and never would be able to afford him at the start of the season or for longer. But sorry, Hucks is in decline and would not have made the differance.

I also agree with The Cluck and have been told by somebody with first hand experiance that thr Rodent rules by fear and to be top dog you have to remove the ones who will challange

I''d be happy to trade with you in the summer.  Holy crap, is it hot and sticky here.  heck, I''d be happy to trade any time.  I love being in Norwich any time of year. However, as far as being outside and doing physical work, it''s much easier to take in the cooler weather. 

[quote user="Houston Canary"]I''d be happy to trade with you in the summer.  Holy crap, is it hot and sticky here.  heck, I''d be happy to trade any time.  I love being in Norwich any time of year. However, as far as being outside and doing physical work, it''s much easier to take in the cooler weather. [/quote]

Its been raining for about 2 weeks solid, we have had no summer, and now its getting dark early.  I just want to see some sun.....But Norwich is comfortably the best City in the UK, something we can both agree on!!

[quote user="IBA"]Huckleberry was done. history. His head had dropped two years ago. Defending with ten can only be successful against us, not for us Cheerio[/quote]

Hucks head drop-ped 2 years ago?

Bo**ocks!

2 years ago after Earnie got injured mid season, Hucks great displays and goals kept us in the Championship, prevented an embarrassing FA Cup home defeat to then League 1 Blackpool and deservedly won him the player of the season, so your statement is very wide of the mark like our attack this year!

This season our poor displays in the final 3rd of the field, not just from the strikers but our indirect, indecisive, complete lack of invention or variety once we get tio the oppositions 18 yard box, sideways/backwards passing style of play from wingers and midfielders, will ensure we face a struggle to stay up. I saw the signs on the opening day at Coventry when despite playing them of the park, playing brillaint in midfield we were cr*p in the final 3rd!

Whilst I don''t suggest that with our best left winger of the last 30 years remaining at the club we''d of been top and winning games easily, The team without doubt would of been better with Darren Huckerby in the line up. - Anyone that suggests otherwise hasn''t obviously seen many NCFC games this season!  

[quote user="bringbackterraces"]

[quote user="IBA"]Huckleberry was done. history. His head had dropped two years ago. Defending with ten can only be successful against us, not for us Cheerio[/quote]

Hucks head drop-ped 2 years ago?

Bo**ocks!

2 years ago after Earnie got injured mid season, Hucks great displays and goals kept us in the Championship, prevented an embarrassing FA Cup home defeat to then League 1 Blackpool and deservedly won him the player of the season, so your statement is very wide of the mark like our attack this year!

This season our poor displays in the final 3rd of the field, not just from the strikers but our indirect, indecisive, complete lack of invention or variety once we get tio the oppositions 18 yard box, sideways/backwards passing style of play from wingers and midfielders, will ensure we face a struggle to stay up. I saw the signs on the opening day at Coventry when despite playing them of the park, playing brillaint in midfield we were cr*p in the final 3rd!

Whilst I don''t suggest that with our best left winger of the last 30 years remaining at the club we''d of been top and winning games easily, The team without doubt would of been better with Darren Huckerby in the line up. - Anyone that suggests otherwise hasn''t obviously seen many NCFC games this season!  

[/quote]

He gave a lot to the team, he also took away a lot.

For the first 2.5 to 3 years, he gave a lot more than he took. Towards the end, this was a debatable choice. He wasn''t interested in helping the team out, and too many times put his head down and tried to dribble past 2 players, when an easy pass was on.

Whilst I would have rather we kept him, and agree that we need him at times, his wages have allowed us 2 extra players that will hopefully come good in time.

I love Hucks. But I don''t think it''s a "right or wrong" issue. There are lots of different sides to the story. The fact is, we had him last year, and we still nearly went down. So he isn''t a one man saviour, that''s for certain.

[quote user="Jonnypncfc"]hucks was a match winner!! FACT![/quote]

Not every match though, eh? Otherwise we''d be in a very different situation to the one we''re in now. FACT!