Sign in to follow this  
SuperWesIrishWizard

I dont care what response I get to this, Huckerby's release was a mistake.

Yep the MLS is awful; is that the same league that Mr Beckham is playing in and struggling to make an impact; is that the same Mr Beckham whos still in the England Squad?

I dont know how anyone in their right mind could still believe that Huckerbys release wasnt a catastrophic disaster, Roeders brainwashed you too. Is it Crofts Crossing into the stands, Bertrands attacking threat or Koromas finishing that makes you believe that we have replaced Huckerby, because i would love to know! Hoolahs still the best player and roeders axed him for trying to be creative. One season wonder Mr Roeder, same as every other club hes been at. The loan arranger has got himself in a mess. Even  the Huckerby of last year would have sparked us into life a few times this season, rememebr the goal at sheff wed anyone?

I won''t get over Huckerby leaving until the team does. Until then we will be constantly reminded that the guy in charge who is responsible for that crap decision is still here and is likely to continue making crap decisions. Fotheringham for captain anyone?

Huddy,

If people can''t see or wont see that Hucks would have contributed much more than Lupoli, OJ, Sibi, Cureton and Hoolahan then don''t waste your breathe.

Thousand of us know that releasing him was a disaster and thats something the loan arranger will have to live with.

Knowing Hucks he''ll be saddened at the state our club is in now.

CA

[quote user="WeWantWorthyBack"]Totally disagree. Hucks going was the right move at the time, and I still believe that.[/quote]

Well, you would do - and you''ll still be singing the praises of Roeder and Saint Delia when we''re in Division One. Are you Munby in disguise?

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

The dismissal of MLS as being no good demonstrates complete ignorance of the quality and style of play in the league. Our clubs now win inter-league competitions that include the best teams from Mexico. If MLS is crap, then supposedly highly-rated Mexican club soccer is crap, too.

If it helps you lick your wounds to claim Huckerby is washed up and only playing well because there is no competition, think about this. England international David Beckham was not MLS Player of the Month, washed up has-been Huckerby was!  What does that say about English soccer?

[/quote]

Fantastic post again HC - You are fast becoming my hero. Now if you could just explain the game of football to Yankee that would be great......

Goodpost Houston,

I hadn''t seen it before i said similar things about Beckhan. Greeat minds....

City Angel;

It''s good to see you posting; i havent spotted you on here recently and its good to have your sensible posts, and know there are some people who can recognise a good player from the bad ones!

[quote user="Huddy "]

Yep the MLS is awful; is that the same league that Mr Beckham is playing in and struggling to make an impact; is that the same Mr Beckham whos still in the England Squad?

I dont know how anyone in their right mind could still believe that Huckerbys release wasnt a catastrophic disaster, Roeders brainwashed you too. Is it Crofts Crossing into the stands, Bertrands attacking threat or Koromas finishing that makes you believe that we have replaced Huckerby, because i would love to know! Hoolahs still the best player and roeders axed him for trying to be creative. One season wonder Mr Roeder, same as every other club hes been at. The loan arranger has got himself in a mess. Even  the Huckerby of last year would have sparked us into life a few times this season, rememebr the goal at sheff wed anyone?

[/quote]

Good post Huddy!, was an embarassment  when that LEGEND YES LEGEND! (although we have to get over it or  are not allowed to mention his name no more!) was dealt with by the club last season. He would def make a poor side better, more creativity than any player currently in our team and also loved the club like a fan, over the hill my arse!. If not in the starting eleven would have been a great impact player!

MISTAKE AFTER MISTAKE! TICK TOCK TICK TOCK!

[quote user="Fellas"]Never replaced Francis/EtuhuNever replaced AshtonNever replaced Malky and FlemNever replaced Earnie Never replaced McVeighNever replaced Huckerby...It''s all sounded very familiar and very un-surprising. [/quote]Although you are of course agreeing with me with regards to Huckerby, I just want to point out that we replaced Francis with Etuhu and we replaced Ashton with Earnshaw. Mcveigh''s day had well and truly been and gone, hence why he hasnt played for Luton this year. But yeah, we didnt replace Earnie and we didnt replace Etuhu. Cureton was Earnies replacement and Hoolohan is Huckerbys replacement. The only left winger currently playing in this division that could have replaced Huckerby is Chris Brunt in my opinion.

[quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"][quote user="Fellas"]Never replaced Francis/Etuhu
Never replaced Ashton
Never replaced Malky and Flem
Never replaced Earnie
Never replaced McVeigh
Never replaced Huckerby...

It''s all sounded very familiar and very un-surprising.
[/quote]

Although you are of course agreeing with me with regards to Huckerby, I just want to point out that we replaced Francis with Etuhu and we replaced Ashton with Earnshaw. Mcveigh''s day had well and truly been and gone, hence why he hasnt played for Luton this year. But yeah, we didnt replace Earnie and we didnt replace Etuhu.

Cureton was Earnies replacement and Hoolohan is Huckerbys replacement. The only left winger currently playing in this division that could have replaced Huckerby is Chris Brunt in my opinion.
[/quote]

agree like Brunt but he currently is in the Prem with WBA!, any ideas why Wes did''nt play today?

Love the people who say it was the ''right time to move'', its not like we sold him at the right time to make a profit, we released our best, most creative and most passionate player.

all he would of cost extra is wage, like the wage were spending on Eagle, Troy, Koroma, Sibs, Lupoli, Hooloop.

[quote user="CDMullins"]

Love the people who say it was the ''right time to move'', its not like we sold him at the right time to make a profit, we released our best, most creative and most passionate player.

all he would of cost extra is wage, like the wage were spending on Eagle, Troy, Koroma, Sibs, Lupoli, Hooloop.

[/quote]

It also should have been the new players aim and motivation to take his heroe status, not just be handed it by GR by shipping him out and telling the fans a load of BS.

Surely, given our current situation, it''s no longer a matter of opinion that releasing Huckerby was a mistake, but a simple matter of fact.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Huddy,

If people can''t see or wont see that Hucks would have contributed much more than Lupoli, OJ, Sibi, Cureton and Hoolahan then don''t waste your breathe.

Thousand of us know that releasing him was a disaster and thats something the loan arranger will have to live with.

CA

[/quote]

100% agree with you CA but amazed it took you till 7.48pm to come to your toy boy''s defence.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="cityangel"]

Huddy,

CA

[/quote]

100% agree with you CA but amazed it took you till 7.48pm to come to your toy boy''s defence.

[/quote]

Its taken me 2 hours to calm down and post sensibly plus when I post about Hucks I get accussed of being biased.

[quote user="Beds Canary"]Surely, given our current situation, it''s no longer a matter of opinion that releasing Huckerby was a mistake, but a simple matter of fact.[/quote]Spot on, but I guess we could still argue over whether it was a minor or a massive mistake.I said at the time that I thought it was not just a huge mistake but one that would shorten Roeder''s tenure here because he has, quite unnecessarily, created pressure for himself and so far this season I''ve seen nothing to change my mind.On top of that Roeder seems incapable of accepting that he ever makes mistakes which is only going to ramp up the pressure even further.

[quote user="Creative Midfielder"][quote user="Beds Canary"]Surely, given our current situation, it''s no longer a matter of opinion that releasing Huckerby was a mistake, but a simple matter of fact.
[/quote]

Spot on, but I guess we could still argue over whether it was a minor or a massive mistake.

I said at the time that I thought it was not just a huge mistake but one that would shorten Roeder''s tenure here because he has, quite unnecessarily, created pressure for himself and so far this season I''ve seen nothing to change my mind.

On top of that Roeder seems incapable of accepting that he ever makes mistakes which is only going to ramp up the pressure even further.
[/quote]

Looks to me that it was a massive mistake.

My apologies Shaun. I thought it was another comment about how we didn''t need to replace Hux because according to them he didn''t do nothing for the past X seasons...

Who can honestly say that they aren''t missing the excitement and rush of adrenaline when Hucks got the ball and started one of his crazy runs down that left wing towards the goal?

Who is there to excite you like that now?

[quote user="cityangel"]

Who can honestly say that they aren''t missing the excitement and rush of adrenaline when Hucks got the ball and started one of his crazy runs down that left wing towards the goal?

[/quote]

Delia on the drink?

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Nobody,

Unfortunately the ''Huckerby''s gone, must be forgotten'' mob will say Croft!

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]I won''t get over Huckerby leaving until the team does. Until then we will be constantly reminded that the guy in charge who is responsible for that crap decision is still here and is likely to continue making crap decisions. Fotheringham for captain anyone?[/quote]

Totally agree!

Those who keep bleating on about ''get over it'' or Hucks was poor last season are deluding themselves!

Like you say the team hasn''t got over it - we''re lacking invention, creativity, p*ss poor in the final 3rd, not direct enough, no end product - all attributes that Hucks brought to the team on his own!

I agree that Hucks was poor by his standards last season becuase of injury and then being messed about by Roeder who dropped him to accomodate rubbish loan players Henry and Gibbs or playing him out of position to accomodate such players who aren''t fit to lace his boots. - But despite all this last season he was still by far our most potent attacking threat!

People forget that without Hucks grand goal scoring, match winning performances in the 2nd half of the 2006/07 season after Earnie had got injured we''d of been relegated that season with an embarrassing FA cup home defeat to then lower oppostion Blackpool to boot!

Hucks had that extra dimension that meant that teams could never relax when he was playing, something we haven''t got now as we''ve got no dimension when we level with the oppositions 18 yard box!

Quality players are often the difference between being successful or being also rans!

How many poor performances have we seen from our various left sided midfielders this season so far?

As far as I''m concerned Hucks release was nothing to do with football (thats obvious given he was still our best attacking player!), nothing to do with money cause he would of taken a large pay cut, wages that were larely paid for by a local businessman (Carl Moore) and nothing to do with his fitness as he proved last season and is now in the States!

It was all to do with Roeder just not going much on him, just like Roeder doesn''t seem to like Russell whos had to play out of his skin and position to keep his place!

Roeder doesn''t like personalities one suspects!

Oh and yes the MLS is the equivalent of the Blue Square Prem in this Country, so yes it is largely a breeze in the park for Mr Huckerby but he is outdoing Mr Wonderful David Beckham!

End of the day last season we finished in our lowest league position for 40 years yet we released Hucks and an unnamed Prem team wanted to sign him!

I agree that Roeder has heaped pressure on himself and will not admit his mistakes!

I wouldn''t be surprised if Roeder resigns before the end of the season!

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]Indeedy - every time Marshall has the ball, he looks to get it out quickly but sadly there''s no outlet anymore.  We''re an incredibly one paced team with little flair and imagination, yesterday proved that.  We looked like a team full of players who don''t know each others game, can''t connect and lacking in passion. 

It''s not only City fans who know what a disaster letting Huckerby go was.  Remember the post prior to the Plymouth game in which one of their fans wrote a preview of the game predicting a loss for us?  In that, he mentioned how Huckerby is gone so that was one major reason division opponents of City would have a much easier time against us this season.

We are only fortunaste that Huckerby didn''t decide to sign for another Coca Cola team or we''d be the ones helping him become player of the month, not D.C. United or LA Galaxy.

He comes to Houston soon, and I am thinking of taking a sign to the game asking him to come back to Norwich or saying how much we need him.  Regardless, me and my boys will be decked out in City regalia.

One a plus note, we have 2 weeks to practice and won''t lose many players to the international call ups so they can all be here the whole time.  After yesterday''s goal 2, Scotland may withdraw their offer to Marshall.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Yes but Mark Rivers used to do that too and his time came to an end.  Everything has to end CA, it is a shame becuase he was the one of, if not the best we ever had down here.  But it had to end sometime, and he had been an expensive commodity the last couple of seasons.  Lets look at it objectively, is the MLS anything like the championship.  Simple answer no.  Thats not a slate against the quality, but when you watch the game it is noticably different.  And players dont get lumps kicked out of each other.  Plus he is playing in the sunshine, all good for his tired limbs.  Do you honestly believe he would be as effective playing on a freezing cold February night is the pouring rain.

[quote user="Huddy "]Huckerby being compared to Mark Rivers, what next from the Dont mention the H word mob.[/quote]

Come on you used to be on the edge of your seat when someone knocked the ball wide for Rivers to charge at.  OK him and Hucks were not even in the same league, but he did used to get us excited and that is the point.  I will miss Huckerby as much as the next man but someone else will come along who excites us again.  And that is the point.

As for being a ''dont mention the H word mob'', more like a no point crying over what cant be changed mob.