Sign in to follow this  
SuperWesIrishWizard

I dont care what response I get to this, Huckerby's release was a mistake.

Yes its said everyday, yes many people still claim to disagree. We have not and cannot replace a player that still had two years left in him as our most creative and exciting player.I am a Roeder supporter, I would support him and wouldn''t blame him if he decided to leave us, but I hope that if he did go he would at least acknowledge that some of the mistakes have been his own.Huckerby''s release is Glens biggest mistake.

Of course it was a mistake. And a bloody big one at that. Thats already been established. Anybody who still fails to realise has to be stupid ...

[quote user="WeWantWorthyBack"]Totally disagree. Hucks going was the right move at the time, and I still believe that.[/quote]

i sort of agree that roeder thought it was the right move at the time with hollahan coming in, and bertrand etc But i think our problems run alot deeper than that....

[quote user="WeWantWorthyBack"]Totally disagree. Hucks going was the right move at the time, and I still believe that.[/quote]

Hogwash

[quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"]Yes its said everyday, yes many people still claim to disagree. We have not and cannot replace a player that still had two years left in him as our most creative and exciting player.I am a Roeder supporter, I would support him and wouldn''t blame him if he decided to leave us, but I hope that if he did go he would at least acknowledge that some of the mistakes have been his own.Huckerby''s release is Glens biggest mistake.[/quote]For F***s sake! GET OVER IT

[quote user="WeWantWorthyBack"]Totally disagree. Hucks going was the right move at the time, and I still believe that.[/quote]Because Hoolohan has set the world alight on the left and Huckerby couldn''t have done a job for us up front, like he did in the promotion season and like he did alongside Chris Martin for Peter Grant?

[quote user="Mr Magoo"][quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"]Yes its said everyday, yes many people still claim to disagree. We have not and cannot replace a player that still had two years left in him as our most creative and exciting player.I am a Roeder supporter, I would support him and wouldn''t blame him if he decided to leave us, but I hope that if he did go he would at least acknowledge that some of the mistakes have been his own.Huckerby''s release is Glens biggest mistake.[/quote]For F***s sake! GET OVER IT[/quote]I will get over it when we dont lose our home games against ten men, our away games to the skintest clubs in the league, when Hoolohan looks anything other than average and we start scoring goals. And trust me I hope that is this season, else we are f*cked, otherwise I will continue to refer to Huckerby. Otherwise you will have to continue to listen to people referring to Huckerby and GET OVER IT yourself.

No he couldn''t, too old, too knackered. Over the pond he''s playing exhibition football, a bit like the so called "sport" of wrestling.

Makes little difference. Even Hucks in this team wouldn''t help. There are too many new players, temporary loans, people out of position, key players injured, strange tactics and selections. This is not a team, it''s a bunch of confused journeymen. As has been said time and again we move the ball around far too slowly when in possession so we can''t hurt the opposition. What are they doing in training? The signing of Lita just seems like a desperate attempt to paper over the cracks.

We do have to get over it, you are right there....BUT there is nothing wrong in the truth is there ?  It was more than a mistake, it was a decision that will put us in league one by the looks of things. Loan players don''t give a monkeys left one if they win or not, they just want their huge pay packets at the end of the day and hope they get into their own clubs good books but that''s all.....no pride , no passion !If hucks had given way to a player that could do a better job than him then so be it....but that never happened did it, these heroes GR was talking about never materialised did they ?????

[quote user="WeWantWorthyBack"]Totally disagree. Hucks going was the right move at the time, and I still believe that.[/quote]i agree with you.hucks going was a sensible idea.his replacement should grow up a bit though.

Our problems run much much deeper than Darren Huckerby''s departure. It stated after relegation, when journeymen were brought in with a view of generating a promotion push that was never going to happen because the board had lost the bottle to reinvest and went down that rubbish ambition with prudence line. We have suffered from continued underinvestment in the team. The quality less and less each year. And now we are left papering over the cracks with countless loan signings. We follow a club that sadly is in such a desparate state now that they try to convince us that an agieng french attacking midfielder is a target man. Well he is not, and you can see he know he is not, and does not like trying to be one!

Yes we could do with a Darren Huckerby at the moment. Someone with the ability to beat players, to cross a decent cross, score goals and turn games, because we do not appear to have anyone like that anymore. 

Would Hucks really make that much of a difference though? I''m a real fan of Hucks and would love to see him do well but would he have drawn us todays game or even won it? I think he was on the way out [:(]

Never replaced Francis/EtuhuNever replaced AshtonNever replaced Malky and FlemNever replaced Earnie Never replaced McVeighNever replaced Huckerby...It''s all sounded very familiar and very un-surprising.

[quote user="earnsless"]Makes little difference. Even Hucks in this team wouldn''t help. There are too many new players, temporary loans, people out of position, key players injured, strange tactics and selections. This is not a team, it''s a bunch of confused journeymen. As has been said time and again we move the ball around far too slowly when in possession so we can''t hurt the opposition. What are they doing in training? The signing of Lita just seems like a desperate attempt to paper over the cracks.[/quote]

Too many new players... yet Hucks wouldn''t have helped. So keeping a current player - in turn reducing the amount of new players on the pitch. wouldn''t have helped as their are too many new players.

Congratulations. You just contradicted yourself very well.

[quote user="Fellas"]Never replaced Francis/Etuhu
Never replaced Ashton
Never replaced Malky and Flem
Never replaced Earnie
Never replaced McVeigh
Never replaced Huckerby...

It''s all sounded very familiar and very un-surprising.
[/quote]

Didn''t replace Francis - definately.

Didn''t replace Ashton - yes.

Didn''t/shouldn''t need to replace hucks - yes.

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[quote user="Fellas"]Never replaced Francis/EtuhuNever replaced AshtonNever replaced Malky and FlemNever replaced Earnie Never replaced McVeighNever replaced Huckerby...It''s all sounded very familiar and very un-surprising. [/quote]

[/quote]So who''s going to create the extra chances and score the extra goals that Hux did?

I still think the biggest mistake was selling Fleck to Chelsea.

Oh sorry, I thought we were discussing a ''things that have happened & cannot be changed so why keep bleating about it'' thread.

[quote user="NorwichsNewFinest"]

Oh sorry, I thought we were discussing a ''things that have happened & cannot be changed so why keep bleating about it'' thread.

[/quote]lmfao

[quote user="NorwichsNewFinest"]

[/quote]I''m sorry but I thought I was talking about the reason we have gone from a Championship winning side to a relegation side.... We''ve been sold short and I''m not surprised things are getting worse on the pitch. To be honest I can''t stand this type of attitude. People study history, why bother if your attitude is correct. Grow up and maybe we might be able to have a discussion on why people think like I do....

The dismissal of MLS as being no good demonstrates complete ignorance of the quality and style of play in the league. Our clubs now win inter-league competitions that include the best teams from Mexico. If MLS is crap, then supposedly highly-rated Mexican club soccer is crap, too.

If it helps you lick your wounds to claim Huckerby is washed up and only playing well because there is no competition, think about this. England international David Beckham was not MLS Player of the Month, washed up has-been Huckerby was!  What does that say about English soccer?

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

The dismissal of MLS as being no good demonstrates complete ignorance of the quality and style of play in the league. Our clubs now win inter-league competitions that include the best teams from Mexico. If MLS is crap, then supposedly highly-rated Mexican club soccer is crap, too.

If it helps you lick your wounds to claim Huckerby is washed up and only playing well because there is no competition, think about this. England international David Beckham was not MLS Player of the Month, washed up has-been Huckerby was!  What does that say about English soccer?

[/quote]That Huckerby should now be England captain?

[quote user="Fellas"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[quote user="Fellas"]Never replaced Francis/Etuhu
Never replaced Ashton
Never replaced Malky and Flem
Never replaced Earnie
Never replaced McVeigh
Never replaced Huckerby...

It''s all sounded very familiar and very un-surprising.
[/quote]

[/quote]

So who''s going to create the extra chances and score the extra goals that Hux did?
[/quote]

Erm, did you bother to read my reply? I actually agreed with you, that we haven''t replaced hucks/shouldn''t have needed to replace him as we could of kept him. Then you reply like that!?

I would argue my point back, although quite frankly, I dont see what your getting at when I was actually aggreing with you...

Agreed! he spent most of the past 2 seasons injured... why give him a new deal, say 1 year, if he was going to miss most of the season with it!

And just what would Darren Huckerby have contributed today.. he is just 1 man.. its a team game... If Derby had shut him out we''d of been no better off as we dont have a good team... we could have Ronaldo out there but if he never gets the ball then he might as well just walk off the pitch, get in his car, and go home... as that would make more of an impact..

jas :)

I thought Huckerby had another season left in him.  But it was an ambition of his to play abroad, that has been very publicly documented.  And besides it is a decision that has been made now.  It cant be changed so why waste the time worrying about it.

Darren Huckerby have contributed today.. he is just 1 man.. its a team game... - jas the barclay king

No kidding, Sherlock.  This is just one more obvious example of bad decision making by people at the top.  Look how well we did in the seasons when he was injured compared to when he was healthy.  Now he''s healthy, and a poor team in MLS is suddenly on fire.  That poor team could have been in Coca Cola, but no.  Let''s sign 8 midfielders to replace the one proven commodity we have who has completely recovered from injury.