Sign in to follow this  
Jason Shackells Jock Strap

Andy/David Marshall

[quote user="DAPPS"]Is it me or are they the same guy? Both good shot stoppers but can''t kick the ball to anyone on their own team????[/quote]

and both have dropped some shocking howlers in their careers! must be something in the name Marshall?

jas :)

[quote user="DAPPS"]Is it me or are they the same guy? Both good shot stoppers but can''t kick the ball to anyone on their own team????[/quote]very very harsh...david marshall has been exellent this season...if not for him i think we would be sitting bottom...we are close to that but not quite

cant remember david slicing it out of play too often unlike andy! his kicks off the ground arent too bad, they usually go near sibierski!

Maybe we should aim for Croft? thats what a guy who sits near me shouts every time we have a goal kick. but then again we have a throw in in the left back position and he still wants croft to get it!

[quote user="DAPPS"]I''ve decided to blame Gunny for the kicking, after all Andy was his understudy and he coached David last season.[/quote]

Gunny never booted one into touch in his time here! he''d never coach anyone to do it either! wash your mouth out young lad! lol

[quote user="WeWantCrookyBack"]Exactly my thoughts. David Marshall is a great shot stopper, but like his name sake can''t distribute the ball to save his life![/quote]

more coming round to my theory that Marshall is a good shot stopper but a bad Goalkeeper

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="WeWantCrookyBack"]Exactly my thoughts. David Marshall is a great shot stopper, but like his name sake can''t distribute the ball to save his life![/quote]

more coming round to my theory that Marshall is a good shot stopper but a bad Goalkeeper

[/quote]

Always been my opinion too Jas. He''s a good shot stopper, but can be a bit suspect in the air, can''t distribute the ball and is too quiet. We''ve been blessed with some great keepers over the years, and compared to some of them Marshall has disappointed me. I just wish we''d given Joe Lewis the chance he deserved here.

Not sure yet, I think Marshall has a lot of potential, distribution is poor, no doubt, but shot stopping good, positioning good and communication improving. It certainly cant help that he has a different back four each week.

A point about the goal at the weekend. I would not try and say that he was not to blame, however I sit level with the incident and do feel that he was unlucky with the bounce of the ball as it certainly  had backspin on and spun away from him on the bounce, whether the outcome would have been different if the bounce was true I dont know. Just thought it worth making the comment.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Jas you are a pr*ck! I have read a lot of rubbish on ths site before but nothing has ever made me this angry; everyone makes mistakes but to call Marshall ''a bad goalkeeper'' is shameful. If it wasn''t for Marahsall we would have even fewer points this season. You are not the Barclay king nor can you even dare to class yourself as a Norwich City supporter. You can shove your so called theory where the sun doesn''t shine, Good day to you.

OTBC

[quote user="Canaries87"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Jas you are a pr*ck!

[/quote]

I agree with you 100% on that one!

[quote user="Canaries87"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Jas you are a pr*ck! I have read a lot of rubbish on ths site before but nothing has ever made me this angry; everyone makes mistakes but to call Marshall ''a bad goalkeeper'' is shameful. If it wasn''t for Marahsall we would have even fewer points this season. You are not the Barclay king nor can you even dare to class yourself as a Norwich City supporter. You can shove your so called theory where the sun doesn''t shine, Good day to you.

OTBC

[/quote]

thanks for your post David.. now get back on the training ground and learn to kick properly eh?

And you havent read a word of what i said in my previous posts have you? Marshall is a GOOD SHOTSTOPPER but a BAD GOALKEEPER... theres more to goalkeeping then just getting behind the ball and keeping it out of the net, aerial ability, coming for crosses, command of area, marshalling the defence, distribution, whaen to Kick and when to throw... all measure how good a goalkeeper is... and Marshall, im sorry to say, is poor in all areas apart from saving.

Yes he has won us games.. but he cost us a goal at coventry, he was unsighted as the wall blocked his vision vs QPR when he is supposed to tell them where to stand so he can see! This latest howler cost us the game...

Last season whe he pushed Otsemobor away from the post at Cardiff allowing them to score, or Blackpool at home where, with the sun in his eyes and the barclay shouting at him to stick a cap on, before he lost the ball in the sun and they scored....

Southampton at home where he let the ball through his legs....Stoke at home where he started to come for a throw in, changed his mind and was caught out of position to allow Sidibe to score.. Wolves away last season where he left a shot he clearyl thought was going wide.....

I wont keep going on but watch last seasons highlights and watch him carefully this season...

theres a reason he was 4th choice at Celtic....

[quote]

theres a reason he was 4th choice at Celtic....

[/quote]

I think you will find he did play 40 odd first team games for Celtic and featured in the UEFA Cup where he had some good games againt Barcelona. I wouldn''t say that was 4th choice as he was number 2 to Bobic after that.

Goalkeepers all make mistakes even at the top level, did you Robert Green''s howlers againts Bolton? Although he has made mistakes I think Marshall has been good this season, I can''t remember a mistake in all the home games I have seen apart from at the weekend, I think you are being a little over critical for the QPR & Coventry games.

Think it''s somewhat unfair on Marshall, certain comments on this thread.  He made a mistake on Saturday but other than that, he''s been excellent.

Lay off Marshall, He is a very promising keeper and still very young, people were saying you can see why he was celtics 4th choice, well he was good enough to play in the UEFA cup/ECC against Barcelona at a very young age so they must if rated him a fair bit.

Do you really want to see Stuart Nelson?

[quote user="DAPPS"]u seem to be making a judgement on Nelson b4 u seen him play! Now who needs to lay off??? LMAO[/quote]

Ever been to a pre season game mate? now who is Laughing there arse off?

He was fighting for his place wasn''t he? New keeper fighting against one of the best young keepers in the league, he had to try prteyy hard, I say thats competative situation. Ask any footballer, it doesn''t matter who they are playing they r still competative.

Seen the goal on the Championship via Sky +, it gets worse every time. A bit like Fowlers soft goal in the Prem year.

Anyways, it cant help having a different back 4 in front of him each week, and for most games the back 5 have been our best performers.

We have much bigger problems up front. We are losing to teams around us in the league, it is a case of you only play as good as whats against you or are we just not a cut above the lowly teams?

Can''t believe you lot ! Marshall is the best keeper we have had for years as Largey said what choice does a keeper have with no centre halfs playing but to come for every ball. Marshall was the first to admit he misjudged his decision he should not have been put in that possition only problem is if a goalkeeper makes a mistake it is costly. There are for more costly errors going on with in the club and on the pitch. Why do we have a centre half on loan form Spurs paying his a wages but is not up to playing in the first team? why do we only have plan A in attack  slow it down get it wide p**s about with it a bit and no end product?