Sign in to follow this  
Beaker

HOOOOZE

I think we should because when he was here, I think he was the one in the changing room who lifted the players confidence.

Also he always gave 110%!!  

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Hmmm.. Hughes on the wing or Croft?

Hughes at full back or Otsemobor?

Hughes was crap....

jas :)

[/quote]

Hughes in central midfield or Fotheringham? Ah, that didn''t work.............................

[quote user="LinkNR9"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Hmmm.. Hughes on the wing or Croft?

Hughes at full back or Otsemobor?

Hughes was crap....

[/quote]

Hughes in central midfield or Fotheringham? Ah, that didn''t work.............................

[/quote]

Fozzy over Hughes anyday! Yes i am serious! Hughes was almost as bad as Carl robinson.. who is the worst player i have ever seen at this football club

Jas - you really do talk absolute nonsense.The guy is about to get his 50th international cap on Saturday.  50th.  How do you think he managed to achieve that?  How is it that he has about 20 caps more than players like Koumas, and was given his international debut by Mark Hughes?  How many Norwich players in history have gained 50 international caps?  Can you list them?  To say that he is the worst player you have ever seen play for Norwich is just laughable.  He is in a completely different class to Hughes as well.Keep it going though.  It''s always good to read a good laugh at the end of the day.

Think I got my wires crossed there, believe you were talking about Robinson... it''s been a long day Vienna as you can now tell! :)

Robinson seems to do well for Wales when he plays, but whatever club he is at things just seem to fall apart for him. Based on his performances for US I have no idea how he got into the Wales team that season.

[quote user="Hughesy"]

Also he always gave 110%!!  [/quote]

110% of no ability is no better than no ability at 50%.

was not good enough then and aint now

I''ve been watching and supporting Norwich for 11 years now. Not an astonishingly long time I know but I''d still say that I''m pretty sure Carl Robinson is the worst player I''ve ever seen in a Norwich shirt. Even more so than Coote, De Waard, Benjamin et al. Steve Walsh comes pretty close.

Robinson never tackled, never passed forwards, never got forward and never dictated tempo. How he got 50 caps for Wales, I''ll never know but I suppose the Welsh midfield is not particularly the strongest

[quote user="Carrow Roeder"]He is at Leeds right? Anyone know how their fans have taken to him?[/quote]

yes he is at leeds and it looks like their fans have taken to him by this leeds fans shirt. when he first went to the club he was the captain.

Chunky you talk cr@p.  I hate people like you who have clearly never played footie in your life.  Robinson wasn''t the greatest player but he was a half decent midfielder, to say he was up there with some of the true rubbish that have played for us is a joke. 

Football is a possession game, maybe thats why England do so badly.  Too many England fans boo if we''re not hoofing it down the line or punting it forward just for the sake of it.  A side-ways or backwards pass is not always bad and if there is no movement ahead of you there is no choice.

Any of the abuse people like him or Hughes got - and what Fozzy is getting now - is a disgrace. What happended to supporting your team and the players?  As long as they try and run thats all you can ask.  You may be surprised to discover that supporting them would bring improved results. 

[quote user="Queen Delia"]

Chunky you talk cr@p.  I hate people like you who have clearly never played footie in your life.  Robinson wasn''t the greatest player but he was a half decent midfielder, to say he was up there with some of the true rubbish that have played for us is a joke. 

Football is a possession game, maybe thats why England do so badly.  Too many England fans boo if we''re not hoofing it down the line or punting it forward just for the sake of it.  A side-ways or backwards pass is not always bad and if there is no movement ahead of you there is no choice.

Any of the abuse people like him or Hughes got - and what Fozzy is getting now - is a disgrace. What happended to supporting your team and the players?  As long as they try and run thats all you can ask.  You may be surprised to discover that supporting them would bring improved results. 

[/quote]

Okay then we''ll just have to agree to disagree (but I won''t "hate" you for it if that''s any consolation). What was Robinson''s position though? Was he a tough-tackling defensive midfielder who protected the back line? No. Was he an attacking midfielder who''d get into the box, link up with the strikers and thread delicate through-balls? No. Did he stand in the middle of the park and dictate play, holding up the ball up or switching it from one flank to the other to stretch the opposition? No. Could he take a mean free-kick, a brilliant corner or pass through the eye of a needle? No. Would he stand around aimlessly in the middle of the pitch and pass the ball 5ft backwards or, joy of joys, sideways the second it came to him? Yes. This is why he''s only ever commanded a single transfer fee in his entire history (from us, unsurprisingly) which was a whopping 50k and was then released to go and play football in Canada.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="Hughesy"]if he wasn''t any good why did leeds want to buy him?[/quote]

Well they are in League One...
[/quote]

They will not be for much longer and then you will see what we lost!!!

[quote user="viennacanary"]he doesn''t even get in the team though hughesy, so if they did go up they would be off, probably to a league 2 side.
[/quote]

He has actually played 6 games this season and also came on for 2 as sub!!

Brilliant, brilliant thread Beaker. You''ve managed to wind virtually everyone up just by mentioning the name Hughes; your posts should lighten up the mood on this board, but only seem to make everyone EVEN MORE ANGRY. I feel I should stick for Carl Robinson though; being exiled in Manchester I mainly attend away matches in the area, and found myself at a windswept, bleak Bloomfield Road in January 2007 to watch Peter Grant''s Norwich get battered by League One Blackpool (led by a certain Wes Hoolahan) in a 1-1 FA Cup draw. Carl Robinson was playing central midfield, and due to an injury (I forget who got injured and why we couldn''t bring a centre back on) dropped back to play central defence for the last 20 or so minutes. Blackpool absolutely battered us, and Robinson headed the ball clear, tackled, got his body in the way and showed true grit and determination: exactly what was needed in the circumstances. He obviously wasn''t a great Norwich player, but he showed a lot of bottle, determination and leadership that day and as a result I''m not liking all this slagging off that''s coming his way. He wasn''t great, but does anyone else remember his perofrmance that day or is it another case of Norwich fans accentuating the negative and ignoring the positive?

How many transfer fees has Sol Campbell racked up in his career then?Chunky - I really can''t agree with what you are saying (but as you say, I won''t hate you for having an opinion).  We have had some poor players at Norwich over the years but Robinson was not one of them.  You can''t label desriptions of players like that.  How many of the current Norwich team would fit any of those descriptions?  Robinson was a decent defensive midfield player.  An intelligent player, who rarely gave the ball away and could protect the back four.  This is the role he plays very well at International level, and is why he has carved out such a very good international career.  He went from Wolves to Portsmouth in the Premiership on a Bosman and was also considered by a lot of Sunderland fans to be their player of the season for Sunderland when they got promoted to the Premier League, and he was an ever present for them.  And also, I do remember that Blackpool game - it was a good job he was there!  We could have been in deep trouble without a couple of experienced heads that season.  It''s a bit frustrating that some others can''t see that!

[quote user="DAPPS"]

[quote user="Beaker"]BRING HIM BACK NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

the sideways/backwards pass master?

[/quote]

I was going to suggest he would be a better rugby player as his passes usually found touch,  but then recalled so many were so over hit they went out without even bouncing first so making him a dreadful rugger player too [;)]