Sign in to follow this  
William Darby

Stupid things people say...

Reading another thread, and the habit some people get into by saying stupid phrases like 110%.  What other stupid phrases to people use, which are in effect plainly daft?This is totally true.  I once heard somebody say ''I sweat blood at work 24/7 fu***ng 6 days a week''

Countless officials: "This must never happen again......."

Countless government ministers: "This new iniative represents a step-change.........."

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

Countless officials: "This must never happen again......."

Countless government ministers: "This new iniative represents a step-change.........."

[/quote]

Or in a similar context - "We must learn from this mistake and move on....", if I had a pound everytime I heard that one!!!

what gets me is when footballers and pundits use really bad english and use the wrong word ins the wrong place:

''the lads did good today, i thought we all done really well''

Pundits who say "He''s literally murdered the defender there" or "He''s literally set the Premiership on fire".

I''m looking at you Jamie Redknapp [:|]

venue : bramell lane

date : 4th December 2007

score line : sheff utd 0 stoke 3

victim : Bryan Robson "we were the better side until they scored the first goal" - stoke scored their 1st goal after 73secs

[quote user="we8wba"]

venue : bramell lane

date : 4th December 2007

score line : sheff utd 0 stoke 3

victim : Bryan Robson "we were the better side until they scored the first goal" - stoke scored their 1st goal after 73secs

[/quote]

I knew Wolves had to be in there somewhere!

When you lose something...."well, where did you have it last?! If i knew that i would not have lost it!

And

When you have told someone you are going on hol or have been they say "been/going somewhere nice?""What can you say!

"Oh i thought i would go to a sh!t hole this yr!"

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

When you lose something...."well, where did you have it last?! If i knew that i would not have lost it!

And

When you have told someone you are going on hol or have been they say "been/going somewhere nice?""What can you say!

"Oh i thought i would go to a sh!t hole this yr!"

[/quote]

And when you find it some bright spark will tell you these things are always in the last place you look.

Or my mum when I was a kid..

"Do you want a smack".....er no!.

Or "if you fall over and break your legs don''t come running to me".

When, i was younger, and we''d go on holiday and i''d argue with my sister, my dad would shout "Someone''s going to get a smack". I didn''t like him saying someone, because it always me, yet saying someone was leading me into some false hope that he meant my sister. He never did.

How about mother to child - "Just look at your face"! - how does that work then?

just tried odering a mobile phone from Virgin media... The woman was Oriental and couldnt understand a word i was saying! I spoke slowly and clearly.. she cant tell the difference between a Nokia 6220 and a Sony Ericcson.

Also, i live in a flat, there are is my flat and flat A, which is upstairs.. i told her i lived in the numbered flat.. "not flat A.. thats upstairs" I said....

she phoned me back and say "Hawwo Sir! we have problem with Mobile ordah, 2 nummer at address... there is Flat A.....and the nummer flat.. cannot send phone... Finance Company call you to sort," despite the fact i told her 3 times my adress....

im hoping the person who calls me back can at least understand English!

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

just tried odering a mobile phone from Virgin media... The woman was Oriental and couldnt understand a word i was saying! I spoke slowly and clearly.. she cant tell the difference between a Nokia 6220 and a Sony Ericcson.

Also, i live in a flat, there are is my flat and flat A, which is upstairs.. i told her i lived in the numbered flat.. "not flat A.. thats upstairs" I said....

she phoned me back and say "Hawwo Sir! we have problem with Mobile ordah, 2 nummer at address... there is Flat A.....and the nummer flat.. cannot send phone... Finance Company call you to sort," despite the fact i told her 3 times my adress....

im hoping the person who calls me back can at least understand English!

jas :)

[/quote]Ask to speak to someone English. Seriously, i constantly got put through to people who couldn''t understand me when ordering a phone from dialaphone. I''m 16, so i dont have the heavy norfolk accent for them to use as an excuse either [:D]

comms direct called me the other weeks, and they tried to get me on to a contract, he said:"regardless of what it is, i bet we can get you a better deal,"so i called his bluff and tol him my deal (3p txts and 20p calls)"thats really good that" says the idiot at the other end, well no sh*t sherlock its why im with my provider."anyway, i can give you unlimited everything on a contract for 35 quid a month," i only spend 20 quid,damn these people are stupid...

Some of my friends collect stupid sayings:"I do not know what Cornwall is""What is a tale of two cities about, is it about one city?""I always give one million percent." - Michael Spillane.  That is the equivalent of ten thousand normal people - saurely that would be enough to win a football matchc on your own?

Would OF.  You cannot OF something.  Apparently you should''VE paid attention in school, and maybe you could OF learned something.  There is no such thing as would of could of or should of.  It''s should HAVE or should''ve. It''s part of a complex verb.  Of is not any sort of verb.

of of me do, you know I of you.

how about when you are young your parents teach you to walk and talk and when you grow up they tell you to sit down and shut up

"It''s the least I can do".

Well hows about trying a bit harder, and doing the best you can do? Stupid phrase.

I''m a proper supporter - those of you who go along and support the team aren''t - Smudger, Cluckcaster etc