Sign in to follow this  
Rocky Rocastle

Lets not give up on Sibierski just yet

It seems a few don''t rate Sibierski and can''t see him doing it for us....

I for one haven''t made up my mind, but I don''t think its fair to judge him just yet while he''s still not match fit and having walked into a side low on confidence.

I was delighted when we signed him and I think come November he''ll be banging in the goals....

Thoughts?

[quote user="Rocky Rocastle"]It seems a few don''t rate Sibierski and can''t see him doing it for us.... I for one haven''t made up my mind, but I don''t think its fair to judge him just yet while he''s still not match fit and having walked into a side low on confidence. I was delighted when we signed him and I think come November he''ll be banging in the goals.... Thoughts?[/quote]

He is a class act, but his best position has always been left midfield. He has been disappointing so far but I certainly haven''t given up on him.

I agree that Sibierski has more to offer than we have seen so far. Left midfield may well be a better position for him, what about playing him in centre midfield? Could it work?

[quote user="Mr Magoo"]

I agree that Sibierski has more to offer than we have seen so far. Left midfield may well be a better position for him, what about playing him in centre midfield? Could it work?

[/quote]

I''m not sure that his workrate would be good enough to play in the centre,but he certainly has the quality.

I was also excited about the signing at the time. At the minute he has failed to produce the goods but like someone else touched on, when he is match fit and when we start to get a few decenct results hopefully we will see the improvement. If miracles happen we may even start to moan that we have too much fire power with Sib, Lita, Lupoli, Cureton, Koroma all after the same spot!

[quote user="Rocky Rocastle"]It seems a few don''t rate Sibierski and can''t see him doing it for us....

I for one haven''t made up my mind, but I don''t think its fair to judge him just yet while he''s still not match fit and having walked into a side low on confidence.

I was delighted when we signed him and I think come November he''ll be banging in the goals....

Thoughts?[/quote]I like Sibierski but he hasn''t shown a great deal yet.  I think Roeder was desperate for a target man but couldn''t get Iversen or Ameobi (yay!) and so decided to get a player he knows is 100% effort and ask him to play out of position.  Sad really.  Left midfield instead of the underachieving Hoolahan and we might see better from him.