Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Just why did the Turners and Cooper resign?

I thought it was now generally accepted that that Delia was lining up the Turners to take over from her. In which case why would they want a rival for ownership of the club involved? No idea why they did walk in the end though, but looking at the current state of the financial markets surely the most likely but boring reason is that they saw the turmoil ahead and realised they had to focus on their business or risk losing most of their wealth. The problem with this theory is that there''s nothing in it for the conspiracy theorists to use to have a go at the board.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]I thought it was now generally accepted that that Delia was lining up the Turners to take over from her. In which case why would they want a rival for ownership of the club involved?

No idea why they did walk in the end though, but looking at the current state of the financial markets surely the most likely but boring reason is that they saw the turmoil ahead and realised they had to focus on their business or risk losing most of their wealth. The problem with this theory is that there''s nothing in it for the conspiracy theorists to use to have a go at the board.
[/quote]

And your opinion isn''t a conspiracy theory then? In defending the board....

[quote user="Nuff Said"]I thought it was now generally accepted that that Delia was lining up the Turners to take over from her. In which case why would they want a rival for ownership of the club involved?

No idea why they did walk in the end though, but looking at the current state of the financial markets surely the most likely but boring reason is that they saw the turmoil ahead and realised they had to focus on their business or risk losing most of their wealth. The problem with this theory is that there''s nothing in it for the conspiracy theorists to use to have a go at the board.
[/quote]

Nuff Said - in my opinion that''s reason the Turners resigned.  I wrote about this a couple of weeks ago.

http://www.pinkun.com/content/columns/CapitalCanaries.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=CapitalCanaries&tBrand=PINKUNOnline&tCategory=CapitalCanaries&itemid=NOED19%20Sep%202008%2016%3A06%3A10%3A317

[quote user="Tim Allman"]

[/quote]

Nuff Said - in my opinion that''s reason the Turners resigned.  I wrote about this a couple of weeks ago.

http://www.pinkun.com/content/columns/CapitalCanaries.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=CapitalCanaries&tBrand=PINKUNOnline&tCategory=CapitalCanaries&itemid=NOED19%20Sep%202008%2016%3A06%3A10%3A317

[/quote]

Yep you are both not far off the mark.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="Nuff Said"]I thought it was now generally accepted that that Delia was lining up the Turners to take over from her. In which case why would they want a rival for ownership of the club involved? No idea why they did walk in the end though, but looking at the current state of the financial markets surely the most likely but boring reason is that they saw the turmoil ahead and realised they had to focus on their business or risk losing most of their wealth. The problem with this theory is that there''s nothing in it for the conspiracy theorists to use to have a go at the board.[/quote]

And your opinion isn''t a conspiracy theory then? In defending the board....

[/quote]I suppose you could argue that appointing the Turners with the unstated vision of them getting their feet under the table, then taking over was a conspiracy, but I don''t see that anything I''ve said above defends the board. Would you like me to?