Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Just why did the Turners and Cooper resign?

It is often difficult when you get strong sucessful personalities in the same room. Lack of money also increases the pressures and tensions.

Bob cooper resigned because he was a prat!

I seem to remember him saying at the time that the Belluz sale was made up of appearences and goals for Coventry, he never played the games and never scored the goals so we never got the money!

I''d of demoted him to bog cleaner at the club if he was the person who agreed to that!

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

I seem to remember him saying at the time that the Belluz sale was made up of appearences and goals for Coventry, he never played the games and never scored the goals so we never got the money!

I''d of demoted him to bog cleaner at the club if he was the person who agreed to that!

[/quote]

Not the answer Wiz was hoping for. Clearly it was the current boards fault!

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Not the answer Wiz was hoping for. Clearly it was the current boards fault!

[/quote]But definately NOT Jamie''s fault! [;)]

I think they simply came in to see if they could make a Football Club into a profit-making business - when they found out that was not possible, they left. 

[quote user="AndyJR"]I think they simply came in to see if they could make a Football Club into a profit-making business - when they found out that was not possible, they left. 

[/quote]

That''s about it I reckon.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Anyone know?[/quote]

They were completely traumatised by Smudger''s campaign against them.One wonders how Delia is hanging on given the forces that the Great One has mobilised against her.[:|]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

We did get money for Bellamy you fool, we got £6m for him, with another 500k based on appearances and goals. The only mistake we made with that one was the sell on clause which was a percentage of profit. Because he only scored 7 goals for Coventry in a season, of which all but one was a penalty, they only wanted there £6m back from Newcastle - meaning that we didnt get a sell on payment.

As sellers of debt consolidation loans etc., they are dealing with people already up to their eyes in debt - dearie me.

Turners and Delia didn''t agree on the way forward plus the Turners would have liked Cullum to be involved???

Just my theory!

I reckon they wanted Cullum involved...

When Delia shown Mr Cullum the door for the second time in the space of 9 months they realised that Delia was never going to let go and they didn''t want to be on her sinking ship.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Turners and Delia didn''t agree on the way forward plus the Turners would have liked Cullum to be involved???

Just my theory!

[/quote]

My theroy too CA... and from what I have heard on the grapevine it is far more than just a theory... [;)]

I heard on the "grapevine" that it nothing to do with PC, apparently they have turned "all hippie", given all their money and possessions to charity, and gone to live in a commune in the foothills of the Himalayas (allegedly)....sounds much more plausible to me....[;)] 

[quote user="cityangel"]Turners and Delia didn''t agree on the way forward plus the Turners would have liked Cullum to be involved???[/quote]

180 degrees wrong. they detest Cullum.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="cityangel"]

Just my theory!

[/quote]

My theroy too CA... and from what I have heard on the grapevine it is far more than just a theory... [;)]

[/quote]

No both your theory''s are wrong but I am not getting involved I have learnt my lesson on this one....arrdee.

[quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

We did get money for Bellamy you fool, we got £6m for him, with another 500k based on appearances and goals. The only mistake we made with that one was the sell on clause which was a percentage of profit. Because he only scored 7 goals for Coventry in a season, of which all but one was a penalty, they only wanted there £6m back from Newcastle - meaning that we didnt get a sell on payment.

[/quote]

And after Bellers went.....Behold! The extension restyrunt thingy - magically appeared behind the Barclay.....

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="cityangel"]

Just my theory!

[/quote]

[/quote]

No both your theory''s are wrong but I am not getting involved I have learnt my lesson on this one....arrdee.

[/quote]

I don''t think Madam Turner saw eye to eye - with the Club''s female major-shareholder....allegedly.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="arrdee"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="cityangel"]

Just my theory!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don''t think Madam Turner saw eye to eye - with the Club''s female major-shareholder....allegedly.

[/quote]

ummm!!! I am still thinking.

[quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

so why wasnt it re invested back into the team then if we got 6 million!?

I would suggest that the Turners were duped into becoming cynical PR lap dogs for Smith...and a public buffer for any likely approach by Peter Cullum. Smith felt that the gullible City fans would be fooled by a small "loan" from a millionaire...and to some extent it worked....until Cullum showed his hand.

They finally worked that only one person is allowed to play with the train set....but that others were allowed to watch...at a price.

[quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]

I would suggest that the Turners were duped into becoming cynical PR lap dogs for Smith...and a public buffer for any likely approach by Peter Cullum. Smith felt that the gullible City fans would be fooled by a small "loan" from a millionaire...and to some extent it worked....until Cullum showed his hand.

They finally worked that only one person is allowed to play with the train set....but that others were allowed to watch...at a price.

[/quote]

Now my lovely little Clucky , where have you been ? you went off without a word to poor arrdee , didn''t you realise that poor arrdee would be worried about you? I am so glad that you have found wealth and riches and I would be more than pleased if I played some small part in your success with my guidance in the past .

I well remember when you first came on this board and I took you under my wing but perhaps you don''t want me to mention this now you have become a big player . Always remember my little Clucky (I will always remember you as that) I am not looking for reward of any kind . I don''t want a bottle of real ale or some tobacco for my Pipe . No just that you think of me once in a while and I will be more than happy . I know I don''t have to wish you good luck as you don''t need it my lovely little Clucky....arrdee.

[quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]

[/quote]

I allow people to watch my train set (Tiverton-Hemyock line -  Hemyock-Uffculme section) but not to operate it.

If they want to do that they''ll have to buy one for themselves.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]

[/quote]

I allow people to watch my train set (Tiverton-Hemyock line -  Hemyock-Uffculme section) but not to operate it.

[/quote]

But do you tell them that up front?

Or do you lead them on?

Big difference.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But do you tell them that up front?

Or do you lead them on?

Big difference.

OTBC

[/quote]This train set Cam.Have you ever thus teased people into wanting one  and then offered to sell them yours at a greatly inflated price??

Just my theory!

[/quote]

[/quote]Aaahh..the grapevine! Along with its best mates rumour, baseless speculation and idle gossip, where would this board be without it? I believe Good News Gordon was looking after it but may be you''ve taken it over Smudge?

Just my theory!

[/quote]

[/quote]

I would not be surprised at all if this was the case.