Sign in to follow this  
SitTee

Away tickets and also away day advice

Im looking on the official site for away ticket news but the option for away tickets is gone now? Why is that?AlsoIm having a toss up of going to either Forest away or Reading away. Which one do you think i should go to? Forest average more fans than reading at the city ground and forest are doing worse than us so could be a good choice to see my first away win! Has anyone been to forest though in the away sections? As it seems pretty low so hope its not crap view.Cheers ma dears!

The form which Reading have been in of late would suggest that if you are looking to see a win Forest may be the better option, Reading have been immense at home as a load of my work colleagues take great pleasure in telling me. On the other hand the Forest game is on Sky and is a 5:20 kick off which may make it awkward getting back from the game depending on where you are based.

Not been to The City Ground yet but can say that the Mad Stad is quite a nice example of modern stadia, the only problem with it are the Reading fans which frequent it!!!

[quote user="kiwiNCFC"] Im having a toss up of going to either Forest away or Reading away. [/quote]In which case, I''d recommend lying on a plastic sheet.

[quote user="barclay_troy"]Go to Forest, stay for weekend and enjoy night life, reading is rudy horrible. rats running around centre of town during the day.[/quote]

If you think Reading is bad you should venture into Slough or Didcot. I can honestly say in my 24 years of living in Reading I have never seen a rat running around the town centre during the day or at night for that matter - chavs on the other hand..... [:^)]

Hmmm. I know...i could go to both :) But im defo going to notts now :) Im going on canary bus woop!

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Kiwi - I once made the mistake of travelling with "Club Cabbage", never, ever again.........[:''(][/quote]I dont know why people say this as i have travelled on 2 occasions once to scum and once to coventry and its been fine!What are peoples problems with club cabbage? Im intrigued

[quote user="kiwiNCFC"]Im looking on the official site for away ticket news but the option for away tickets is gone now? Why is that?

Also

Im having a toss up of going to either Forest away or Reading away. Which one do you think i should go to? Forest average more fans than reading at the city ground and forest are doing worse than us so could be a good choice to see my first away win! Has anyone been to forest though in the away sections? As it seems pretty low so hope its not crap view.

Cheers ma dears!
[/quote]

Forest much the better away trip. Good city, ground has a bit of character and we definitely have more chance of winning (although IMHO we will probably lose both). Plus its a 5.20 kick off so lots of time to get on the beers in Nottingham beforehand! It is on sky though so you could watch it anyway and go to reading as well!

Reading is a horrible soulless place, plastic newbuild stadium, few decent places to drink and we are bound to lose!

[quote user="kiwiNCFC"][quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Kiwi - I once made the mistake of travelling with "Club Cabbage", never, ever again.........[:''(][/quote]I dont know why people say this as i have travelled on 2 occasions once to scum and once to coventry and its been fine!

What are peoples problems with club cabbage? Im intrigued
[/quote]

You won''t get the most out of the trip if you go club canary. Although it is convenient you won''t see any of Nottingham and it is generally full of weirdo''s from what i recall (although not been on cc for over 12 years now!).

Much better to get there early, have a few beers in the city and make a day of it!

To kiwi:I can only speak from personal experience but when travelling with CC you may find yourself either trapped next to noisy and obnoxious kids, cold and unfriendly locals, irritating Worthington fanatics that can''t seem to acknowledge that he''s gone, the troop of "regular" coach users that inhabit the Rendezvous that will shun you and sometimes go as far as verbal and psychological abuse if you dare sit in their seats, and a stop at that fecking barn-come-restaurant on the A17. All in all it''s not the ideal away day experience. Best to hook up with a bunch of fans, make some friends and travel to the game in your own time. Much more enjoyable.

[quote user="Wighty"]To kiwi:I can only speak from personal experience but when travelling with CC you may find yourself either trapped next to noisy and obnoxious kids, cold and unfriendly locals, irritating Worthington fanatics that can''t seem to acknowledge that he''s gone, the troop of "regular" coach users that inhabit the Rendezvous that will shun you and sometimes go as far as verbal and psychological abuse if you dare sit in their seats, and a stop at that fecking barn-come-restaurant on the A17. All in all it''s not the ideal away day experience. Best to hook up with a bunch of fans, make some friends and travel to the game in your own time. Much more enjoyable.[/quote]Hmm, the thing that puts me off driving though is parking, say if i was an away fan coming to carrow road i wouldnt have a clue to park where i would not get my car trashed

I live in Derby so I will defo go to Forest but you have to be very careful where you park the car, I will get dropped off. Forest are not getting very big crowds at City Ground, (we have a chance of an away win).  Not sure about Reading, I have not been. Derby away is easy for me, but again careful where you park, there should be offical carparks nearby but get there early as they are getting big gates at the minute.

Good luck with your travel plans.

Hi,

Have been to Forest on several occasions, have even stood on the old terrace where the seats now are.  The view isnt to bad to be honest although when I went we were in the middle tier and won 3-1 with crook scoring.  Actually sat behind Micky Thomas that night, what the hell he was doing there i''ll never know.  Dont know what is going to be like on the lower section of the stand though.

BTW, there is a good pub next to the cricket ground with a good mix of home and away fans.

Have fun I think you will enjoy it.