Sign in to follow this  
No.8

£50.6m consortium take-over!

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="Matt Juler"]I''m still laughing over the idea that Norwich is an affluent area![/quote]

effluent?

[/quote]Do you have to keep talking dirty Mello?

[quote user="No.8"]

It''s not about majority say/stake - it''s about investing in the club we all love, regardless if you invest Â£5k or £500 -each fan would have one vote and one vote only.  This is an idea (albeit crazy) that would allow fans (of varying wealth) the chance to buy and co-run our club. By flexing the amount individuals could invest brings to the a larger investment pot - you could smooth the amount to say £2k each in the hope you could find 30k willing & able fans (that way you all have an equal say!!)

[/quote]

but to my main point

*Why is anyone going to spend 5k if they can get the same say/vote for £500 ?

It''s a great idea, and I''d back it.  But, it was floated on here about twelve months ago.  On that occasion (from memory) four people came forward to say they would contribute £1,000 each.  For reasons I didn''t and don''t understand, they were abused by others on here.  But at any rate, the idea rather died a death on the basis that if the overwhelming majority who post on this website either couldn''t afford to or wouldn''t invest their own money, there wasn''t much practical hope of getting the numbers together.