Siberski        

Lupoli 

Here''s my team;

Marshall

Semmy Dejan (c) Kennedy Drury

Bell Russell Clingan Bertrand

Lita Sibierski

Bench  Nelson, Omuzusi, Fozzy, Patty, Lupoli

Get rid of, Chadwick permanently, Lappin, Hoolahan, Archi, deadwood!!!

Interesting how many teams include Fozzy. Not!Most people seem to want Glenn to abandon his "only one attacking midfielder/winger" rule and play Bell and Croft or Hoolahan and Croft or similar. Since our defence has been excellent, apart from the obligatory rush of blood to the head from someone once a game, I think it''s worth being a little more adventurous and risk it. As long as we score more than the opposition, it''s not a problem!

It''s also interesting that there are so many variations in team personnel and formation above. I''m not pointing to anybody in particular here, but there is a lot of criticism of Roeder''s team selections in this forum and yet in this straw poll of fans'' own selections there is little consistency of opinion as to what constitutes our best team or most effective formation. It goes to show that no manager is going to be able to please all of the fans; or even a majority if this eclectic mix is anything to go by.

Hoping Kennedy & Semmy recover for Bristol City, or we''re not going to see any of the above formations line up on 18th Oct. [:P]

And as Cam has said we can''t recall either Martin or Spillane under the terms of season long loans. Nor should we IMHO. They need a season of regular games befoer we can make a decision about whether they''re good enough for us.

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="silver fox"][quote user="Hoolahoop"][quote user="cityangel"]

Heres my team  [:)]

Marshall
Semmy, Spillane, Kennedy, Drury
Croft , Russell, Clingan, Hooli
          Martin, Cureton

Only loanee in my team is Kennedy who I''m sure we will buy in Jan.

Subs - Nelson, Bell, Eagle, Bertrand, Stefan

[/quote]

I''d argue that team would get us relegated.

Mine would be...

Marshall

Semmy Kennedy Stefanovic Berty

Croft     Clingan   Russell   Hoolahan

Sibs        Lita

Let Hoolahan do what he''s here to do and get at the full back. Croft has been pretty good thus far als.

Hard decision to drop Lupoli because the boy is a class act but with all this hoof hoof going on I just had to include an aerial presence.

[/quote]Even in the short time Bell was on the pitch against Derby he put in more telling crosses than either Croft or Hoolahan have done all season, and for that reason alone I would start him on the right.[/quote]

Ignoring the fact that Lee Croft put in our best cross of the game against Derby.

But hey...lets just see what we want to see and not what actually happens on the pitch.

[/quote]

You what GJP?! I''m sorry but I have to agree with silver fox, I thought David Bell put some really good crosses in. Not taken anything away from Croft, because I think he''s done well so far this season.
I also think that young Robert Eagle whips a very good ball in as well.
Forgotten man?! 

[quote user="Yellow Submarine"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="silver fox"][quote user="Hoolahoop"][quote user="cityangel"]

Heres my team  [:)]

Marshall
Semmy, Spillane, Kennedy, Drury
Croft , Russell, Clingan, Hooli
          Martin, Cureton

Only loanee in my team is Kennedy who I''m sure we will buy in Jan.

Subs - Nelson, Bell, Eagle, Bertrand, Stefan

[/quote]

I''d argue that team would get us relegated.

Mine would be...

Marshall

Semmy Kennedy Stefanovic Berty

Croft     Clingan   Russell   Hoolahan

Sibs        Lita

Let Hoolahan do what he''s here to do and get at the full back. Croft has been pretty good thus far als.

Hard decision to drop Lupoli because the boy is a class act but with all this hoof hoof going on I just had to include an aerial presence.

[/quote]Even in the short time Bell was on the pitch against Derby he put in more telling crosses than either Croft or Hoolahan have done all season, and for that reason alone I would start him on the right.[/quote]

Ignoring the fact that Lee Croft put in our best cross of the game against Derby.

But hey...lets just see what we want to see and not what actually happens on the pitch.

[/quote]

You what GJP?! I''m sorry but I have to agree with silver fox, I thought David Bell put some really good crosses in. Not taken anything away from Croft, because I think he''s done well so far this season.
I also think that young Robert Eagle whips a very good ball in as well.
Forgotten man?! 

[/quote]

I said that Lee Croft put in our best cross of the game against Derby. Which he did.

David Bell put some decent crosses in as well.

They both did well.

What you failed to have understood GJP is that I wasn''t knocking Croft''s contribution because I know he always gives 100%.  The original poster didn''t even include Bell in the starting line up hence my initial response.  I believe that considering it was Bell''s first game the majority of his crosses were very good.  As much as I like Croft as a player the same cannot be said about the consistency of his crossing,  and I think a high proportion of supporters would agree with that. There may be an argument to have both of them in the starting line up if Hoolahan continues to under perform.  Let us see who Roeder starts with on the right against Bristol City as I personally think Bell will go on to make that his position.

[quote user="silver fox"] What you failed to have understood GJP is that I wasn''t knocking Croft''s contribution because I know he always gives 100%.  The original poster didn''t even include Bell in the starting line up hence my initial response.  I believe that considering it was Bell''s first game the majority of his crosses were very good.  As much as I like Croft as a player the same cannot be said about the consistency of his crossing,  and I think a high proportion of supporters would agree with that. There may be an argument to have both of them in the starting line up if Hoolahan continues to under perform.  Let us see who Roeder starts with on the right against Bristol City as I personally think Bell will go on to make that his position.[/quote]

"failed to understood" I don''t think I''ve failed to "understood" anything.

You originally commented that David Bell put in more "telling crosses" than Croft has and I pointed out that, in my opinion, Croft put in our best cross of the game against Derby.

No misunderstanding, just a simple case that my opinion was different to yours.

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="silver fox"] What you failed to have understood GJP is that I wasn''t knocking Croft''s contribution because I know he always gives 100%.  The original poster didn''t even include Bell in the starting line up hence my initial response.  I believe that considering it was Bell''s first game the majority of his crosses were very good.  As much as I like Croft as a player the same cannot be said about the consistency of his crossing,  and I think a high proportion of supporters would agree with that. There may be an argument to have both of them in the starting line up if Hoolahan continues to under perform.  Let us see who Roeder starts with on the right against Bristol City as I personally think Bell will go on to make that his position.[/quote]

You originally commented that David Bell put in more "telling crosses" than Croft has and I pointed out that, in my opinion, Croft put in our best cross of the game against Derby.

No misunderstanding, just a simple case that my opinion was different to yours.  Based on what you have seen so far do you believe Croft or Bell should start on the right?

[/quote]

Croft. I know more about him as a player and I know he''s a good right winger. Plus him and Semmy combine well on the right side.

Looking forward to seeing more of David Bell though, will be interesting to see what he can do and where he''s best used.

[quote user="GJP"] 

[/quote]

It does seem to me that you and silver fox are arguing two slightly different points. His is that Bell put in a higher number of decent crosses during the match, while your point is that Croft may not have put as many ''telling'' crosses in, but the one decent one he did put in was better than any of Bell''s efforts. From your argument, I suspect you are thinking that Croft also put in a number of other decent efforts on top of his ''best of the match'' one, but this doesn''t come out in your wording.I''m afraid I didn''t see the match myself, so can''t possibly venture an opinion. [:$]

[quote user="Chip20"][quote user="GJP"] 

[/quote]

It does seem to me that you and silver fox are arguing two slightly different points. His is that Bell put in a higher number of decent crosses during the match, while your point is that Croft may not have put as many ''telling'' crosses in, but the one decent one he did put in was better than any of Bell''s efforts. From your argument, I suspect you are thinking that Croft also put in a number of other decent efforts on top of his ''best of the match'' one, but this doesn''t come out in your wording.

I''m afraid I didn''t see the match myself, so can''t possibly venture an opinion. [:$]
[/quote]

You''re right.

But I''m just against David Bell being labelled some kind of revelation based on a brief appearance against Derby when he did things well but didn''t do anything out of the ordinary.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="colneycanary"]Sorry but their''s no height up front in your team! [/quote]

their isnt in Manchester Utds team either.. yet they played passing football and won the league.

how much more awful have we been since Sibi has been here? theres no place for the old style "target man" in the game today

jas :)

[/quote]

Jas ...

What about Berbatov and Ronaldo.. are they not 6 footers?

We do need height but that doesn''t mean we have to play hoofball!

[/quote]

man u didnt have berbatov last season when they won the league and also ronaldo plays on the right, so to answer your question NO!!!!!!!!!!