Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

Who should our new manager be?

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="Dictator Smith"]but really anybody would be hard pressed to do worse than Roeder.[/quote]I dunno, I''m fairly certain you could have taken us from bottom, to bottom, with your apparent expertise in that area. Muppet.[/quote]Why dont you explain to me just why you think Roeder is doing any better than Grant , lets face it give it another month and we will be bottom of the league , so come on dickhead lets be hearing from you .

[quote user="Poor Mans Ruel Fox"]

We are never going to improve as a team by changing manager every year, we need some stability, even if the performances are not perfect at this stage, especially considering our apparent financial position.

[/quote]Its absolutely right that we need some stability but it has to be with the right manager.Last season I thought Roeder was a good appointment and mostly what he did last year confirmed that. However

this year he has managed to totally turn that around to the point where

personally I would like to see the back of him as soon as possible -

even though it involves a risk as to who the next man would be.

Roeder''s convinced me that he isnt the right man for us.

[quote user="Dictator Smith"][quote user="I.S."][quote user="Dictator Smith"]but really anybody would be hard pressed to do worse than Roeder.
[/quote]

I dunno, I''m fairly certain you could have taken us from bottom, to bottom, with your apparent expertise in that area. Muppet.
[/quote]

Why dont you explain to me just why you think Roeder is doing any better than Grant , lets face it give it another month and we will be bottom of the league , so come on dickhead lets be hearing from you .
[/quote]

You seem very certain about that, I am not so convinced myself. 

[quote user="North Sea Canary"]Will get shot down for this but I still want Bowen.  But he wont come so thats the end of that. [/quote]

O k then I''ll play this silly game,How about Dion with Iwan as assistant and Hux as player coach and Adams as head ball boy

[quote user="North Sea Canary"]Will get shot down for this but I still want Bowen.  But he wont come so thats the end of that. [/quote]

I think Bowen would be a good shout; but I can''t help but think we need someone who has been in exactly the same situation as we are in now and has succeeded when doing it.

Someone mentioned Holloway - and while he has the experience of a similar situation at Plymouth, his record at Leicester was very worrying indeed. I think it would be a bit of a risk to take him on - but one that could pay off well.

Huckerby/Dion/Iwan/Crookie suggestions need to be treated with the derision they deserve. Don''t waste our time.

Mark Robins is doing well at Rotherham at the minute, but then we can''t ignore the past few seasons of mediocrity. However, I would certinately not be too unhappy if he came through the door. He would know what fans wanted and I think would do his best to deliver. Would it be a step too far for him, though?

Steve Tilson would be very popular with me. I think he''s a decent tactical mind, a great eye for a player and has shown himself a very capable man manager. Yes, his experience in the Championship was a negative one, but at least he has Championship experience.

I suppose Clarkie would be a likely suggestion as well. Not a favoured one for me - I want someone with experience.

Lawrie Sanchez was another name; experienced manager, but honestly what we need? Not sure myself.

My choice would be Blackpool''s Simon Grayson. I think he''s a manager who''s turned a relatively poor Blackpool side into a decent Championship side - and on a budget. He plays the right style of football, and I think could cope well with the pressures he would face here.

This is thread is literally laugh out loud funny! It just demonstrates the gap between fantasy and reality for some of the posters on here.Can I just point out the Peter Grant was one of the highest rated coaches in the country before he came to us. At the time it looked like a gamble that could have paid off, and most people were prepared to see if it worked out. Do we really want to gamble again so soon?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

for those wanting a former player (hucks Iwan etc)

What would happen if (and possibly when) it all went tits up.... the bloke would go from Hero to Villain...

EG Gary Megson.. good player for us, and one of the reasons we finished 3rd in the premiership.. i doubt anyone remembers that after his 2 managerial spells.. the guy is not liked by a few City fans now!

I''d hate a former hero to come back and manage us! if it went wrong certain fans would turn on them and easily forget....

why do you think alan Shearer hasnt taken the Newcaste job?

jas :)

[/quote]Spot on Jas, spot on. The crowd will give hell to anyone that fails, including one of our own.If we ever did go for an old boy though, I''d love to see Mark Robins back. Dignified, top bloke, doing really well with Rotherham. But let''s just stick with Glen for a bit.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]So, so far we have:

Steve Tilson
Ian Crook

Come on Roeder Outers, you can surely do better than this?  Let''s hear the masterplan!

[/quote]

You''ve forgotten mine!

Bryan Gunn, with Neil Adams as assistant.

[/quote]

Nobody answered my question, of Mark Bowen...

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]So, so far we have:Steve TilsonIan CrookCome on Roeder Outers, you can surely do better than this?  Let''s hear the masterplan![/quote]

You''ve forgotten mine!

Bryan Gunn, with Neil Adams as assistant.

[/quote]

Nobody answered my question, of Mark Bowen...

[/quote]Does anyone know if he has any desire to become a manager? He''s probably on a salary far higher that we could ever pay at Man City, working with genuine world class players and assisting one of the best managers around who also happens to be his mate.Why the hell would he jack all that in to come here?